2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

once again UZO benefitted from having 3 stud wrs in cincy-he does not have that here -he will be avg at best here but sadly avg is better than what we have now

joe fanboys pump up every signing Joe makes but joe is terrible as shown by his actual record on the field-until his team wins actual games the rest of your hype means nothing

"Average" would be a huge upgrade for us.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

I merged individual (Tomlinson and Uzomah) threads into this Jets signing thread.  Tomorrrow I will add today's signings so we have one thread to discuss all Jets signings.

Congratulations to Lith for earning the "merged 2 threads into 1" and "starting to spread his wings as a mod" badges!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Great signing.

This pushes defensive backs down the list for the draft. Jets have PLENTY of young defensive secondary players for this scheme. So much for PSU’s Brisker or UGA’s Cine in the 2nd round. 

Obvious now. Edge at #4. Wr at #10.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

All i am saying is that this defense was historically bad.  They need to get to average before anything else

Ok so the defense this year is adding Joyner, Whitehead, Reed, Lawson and most likely a top EDGE. That’s essentially a full makeover for that unit from last year 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet we still need a LB.

Definitely - but the unit consisting of 

Lawson, Q, JFM, Top rookie edge 

Quincy, Mosley

Whitehead, Joyner, Reed, Hall, MC2, Echols

i mean that’s a pretty good unit, Saleh should def be able to get production out of it and we shouldn’t be as bad as last year hopefully 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Definitely - but the unit consisting of 

Lawson, Q, JFM, Top rookie edge 

Quincy, Mosley

Whitehead, Joyner, Reed, Hall, MC2, Echols

i mean that’s a pretty good unit, Saleh should def be able to get production out of it and we shouldn’t be as bad as last year hopefully 

Agreed.  And there's a chance that, in addition to edge, we'll also add either a quality LB or CB.  That should allow us to compete.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  And there's a chance that, in addition to edge, we'll also add either a quality LB or CB.  That should allow us to compete.

LB maybe from the 3rd or 4th Premium pick next month who can blitz.  Keep adding to the pass rush is Salah’s MO.  Don’t have to go for major assets getting a Corner.

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

once again UZO benefitted from having 3 stud wrs in cincy-he does not have that here -he will be avg at best here but sadly avg is better than what we have now

joe fanboys pump up every signing Joe makes but joe is terrible as shown by his actual record on the field-until his team wins actual games the rest of your hype means nothing

For the last time, it's not Joe's fault she dumped you. You need to let it go

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Pretty mundane TE production. 

2021 was far and away his career year, with 493 yards and 5 TD's. but in his 7 year career he's only come remotely close to that level once before (in 2018, 439/3).  Most years he's been a sub-250/1 type guy.

He would project here as what, an average of 20 catches for 250-300 yards and 1-2 TD, give or take, based on his career-to-date and the quality of our QB play?

Seems about equivalent to a slightly-better-Ryan Griffin, production wise.  

What am I missing here?

His blocking ability and his fit with the wide zone.

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

True and I’d like to be the first to apologize for each and every member on this board who is excited by today and want to discuss it. There was a lot less Jet Joe Douglas fanboys here 2 days ago and that’s for sure. I literally almost gave @Joe W. Namath a couple days off because I was convinced he was trolling our fan base. It won’t last that long, it never does, but let’s just let them have this time to be optimistic and full of hope. Ok? Thanks. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

He probably has more penalties than sacks in his career

I would guess most defenders in the NFL do.

However, it might be interesting to you the actual stats:

He has 4.5 sacks in his career

image.thumb.png.311071081f21a74ca58553c573155fb8.png

10 Penalties in his career

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't imagine shepherd got much to resign and people need to start treating him as what he is - a perfectly serviceable backup DT - instead of as what he was (a third round reach taken ahead of better players at positions of greater need) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

The Jets had an all time bad defense last year.  2 players solve everything?  And they lost a tackle. This is not fixed

Fixed?  

The realistic posters aren’t expecting a 2015-16 Leicester City, we just want to see improvement.  

It looks like JD knows what he is doing, it’s OK to drop the cynicism for a little while.  

50 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Can't imagine shepherd got much to resign and people need to start treating him as what he is - a perfectly serviceable backup DT - instead of as what he was (a third round reach taken ahead of better players at positions of greater need) 

I doubt that it is a lock that he makes the team.  We need DTs, he has been here.  Probably signed cheap with little guaranteed money.  And if we add someone better, either another FA or in the draft, he may not make it past cut down day.

54 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

We paid him to quit on us?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2