2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So it’s shaping up to be draft a potential WR1 and ALL D.....I’m good with that, Wilson is the #1 priority as he should be and Douglas knows that.

Wow a TE finally....what’s that?  Douglas knows what he’s doing, and there is a definite Plan.

It feels so nice to watch a GM use resources to actually fill needs on the team 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Cincinnati Bengals drafted C.J. Uzomah in the fifth round of the 2015 draft as a developmental prospect at tight end. Four seasons later, Uzomah has struggled to achieve the stats of a league-average player at the position. While he’s had to share snaps with Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft, both were injured early this year, and Uzomah failed to take advantage of the opportunity, producing a 57.4 grade that ranks 34th out of 41 qualifying tight ends.

at least it’s not Engram, that dude blows lol

Thank you, Larz, for educating these bandwagon jumpers.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Cincinnati Bengals drafted C.J. Uzomah in the fifth round of the 2015 draft as a developmental prospect at tight end. Four seasons later, Uzomah has struggled to achieve the stats of a league-average player at the position. While he’s had to share snaps with Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft, both were injured early this year, and Uzomah failed to take advantage of the opportunity, producing a 57.4 grade that ranks 34th out of 41 qualifying tight ends.

at least it’s not Engram, that dude blows lol

If he was drafted in 2015, and they're talking about 4 seasons later, then this is referring to the 2019 season. So those stats are irrelevant

• Upvote 3

Uzomah finally got his chance to shine this season, but he failed to make the most out of his targets. The fifth-round pick out of Auburn earned just a 54.9 receiving grade and averaged only 1.00 yards per route run, which ranks 34th out of 40 qualifying tight ends. Uzomah has also struggled with drops throughout his young career, ranking inside the top-ten in drop rate each of the last three seasons. Uzomah has been decent as run blocker, earning a grade of 60.0 or higher in the last three years, but the former Auburn Tiger will likely be signed by a team looking to add depth behind their starter at the tight end position.

Pretty big contract for a depth guy with drop issues but hey he’s not Engram so there’s that 

• Upvote 2

Desperate need at TE so this is a solid signing.  I guess they're hoping that that his potential has been stifled given the riches the Bengals have at WR. 

They'll probably be signing another vet WR in addition to drafting one.  That coupled with fortifying the O-line and they are giving Zap every opportunity to succeed.  Zero excuses in 22'.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would like to see the details on the deal, but he's not a legit weapon.

Certainly an upgrade over what we had, but we still need weapons.

This guy with TE at 35/38 will be fine....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Desperate need at TE so this is a solid signing.  I guess they're hoping that that his potential has been stifled given the riches the Bengals have at WR. 

They'll probably be signing another vet WR in addition to drafting one.  That coupled with fortifying the O-line and they are giving Zap every opportunity to succeed.  Zero excuses in 22'.

He's going into his 8th NFL season. So he is what he is. Nothing ascending about him. It's just the market at this point. 

Any word on his blocking ability anyone?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20220314-190302_Chrome.jpg

What those numbers tell you is that he was very productive on a per target basis.

If you're 21st in Targets then an average player would be 21st in receptions, yards and TDs.  But he was better in all those areas.

Solid signing.

TE and LB are probably the weakest position groups on the entire team.  This was a big get IMO.

Add a TE at #38 in the Draft, bump Griffin to TE3, keep Cager on the Practice Squad working his transition from college WR to TE.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Solid blocking TE.  SHowed some promise as a receiver last year.  Better than anything we have had for the past few seasons.  Should not impact the priority to draft a TE on day 2.

I don't know a lot about him.  I assume we're paying him for his blocking ability.  Running game is clearly a focus for JD.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So it’s shaping up to be draft a potential WR1 and ALL D.....I’m good with that, Wilson is the #1 priority as he should be and Douglas knows that.

Wow a TE finally....what’s that?  Douglas knows what he’s doing, and there is a definite Plan.

I wouldn't be surprised if we draft another TE in the 3rd. 

• Upvote 3

I know he doesn't play the same position, but I assume that the money we're giving to Tomlinson means that Morgan Moses won't be coming back to New York. Still think that an offensive lineman early in the draft is in play, especially if Douglas thinks the value in taking a player in another position doesn't outweigh the value of picking up a cheap, rookie offensive lineman.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Yeah, I hope Trey McBride is still a target in the draft. 

I think they'll target one in the 2nd...whoever their top guy is I expect will be there.  Hopefully it is McBride.

Uzomah is 29, so isn't the long term answers.  Bring in high upside rookie to work with and learn from a vet like Uzomah. 

• Upvote 2