A Jets hypothetical based on Jaguars Spending Spree

4 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

You didn't say anything in your OP about regimes, you said "the Jaguars don't draft well like the Jets".

Jaguars Drafted Pro Bowls 2016-2021 = 6 (Ramsey 3 times, Abouye, Telvin Smith, Yannick, Chark, Allen)

Jets Drafted Pro Bowls 2016-2021 = 2* (Adams, L. Williams)

* Excluding Andre Roberts for Special Teams

You also said "their own drafted players are not worth the money". So why are they still in the NFL? Someone seems to think they are worth the money. 

Jets Drafted players still in the league (2014-2021)= 37

Jaguars Drafted players still in the league (2014-2021) = 44

I never said any of these things.

You need to find out who did and argue with them, all I said was Ramsey was picked in 2016, not pretty recent and you told me I need to check a roster, have no idea WTF youre talking about.  I didnt compare the Jets draft to the Jaguars.

Now be nice, apologize and go on your way.  lol

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I never said any of these things.

You need to find out who did and argue with them, all I said was Ramsey was picked in 2016, not pretty recent and you told me I need to check a roster, have no idea WTF youre talking about.  I didnt compare the Jets draft to the Jaguars.

Now be nice, apologize and go on your way.  lol

Conor Mcgregor Reaction GIF by UFC
You’re right, thought two people were just you.
apologies, but this will be me going on my way, for prides sake. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I have to disagree. I feel like the Jaguars have done some incredible drafting as of late:

J. Ramsey, Josh Allen, Allen Robinson, T. Lawrence, AJ Bouye, Fournette, DJ. Chark, Allen Hurns, Minshew, J. Robinson, Myles Jack, Yannick Ngakoue, Cam Robinson, Dante Fowler

Crazy thing is almost every guy has left.

They seem to be spending FA money this year because for some reason their players don't want to stay. 

Bryan, Chark, Harrison, Allan, Taylor, Oliver, Quincy Williams, Henderson, Chaisson, Shenault, Hamilton, Lawrence, Etienne, Campbell, Little and Cisco

Those are their 1st 3 rounds since 2018. Explain to me who you think is a good player. Lawrence is all potential now, me personally, the Jets dodged a bullet with him. Josh Allan is good. Anyone else? That's why they invested heavily in Free Agency.

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

1.  Would this make you happy or upset as a Jets fans to see them be THAT aggressive?

2.  Would it make you feel better, worse, no change on how they felt about Wilson?

This feels like Trent Baalke trying to save his job as much as anything. It would be hard to feel good about it even if it's well intentioned.

41 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Bryan, Chark, Harrison, Allan, Taylor, Oliver, Quincy Williams, Henderson, Chaisson, Shenault, Hamilton, Lawrence, Etienne, Campbell, Little and Cisco

Those are their 1st 3 rounds since 2018. Explain to me who you think is a good player. Lawrence is all potential now, me personally, the Jets dodged a bullet with him. Josh Allan is good. Anyone else? That's why they invested heavily in Free Agency.

1-3 rounds only now? Cutting out 2016-2018 to fit the narrative?

Okay, take your info and create a truth and I’ll keep mine. We won’t go anywhere with this. I like talking Jets, I’m sure you do too.

Exhausted my research for the next few years on a team I don’t even like.  Have a good one, on to the next topic! 

Just now, GangGreen Machine said:

1-3 rounds only now? Cutting out 2016-2018 to fit the narrative?

Okay, take your info and create a truth and I’ll keep mine. We won’t go anywhere with this. I like talking Jets, I’m sure you do too.

Exhausted my research for the next few years on a team I don’t even like.  Have a good one, on to the next topic! 

2016-2018 have no bearing on why they are spending money in this Free Agency.

But I will play.

Fournette is no longer on the team, Robinson has been average at best, Smoot is just a body.

Ramsey is no longer on the team, Ngakoue is no longer on the team and Myles Jack is awful.

Lack of homegrown talent on the team has forced the Jags to invest in Free Agency.

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

2016-2018 have no bearing on why they are spending money in this Free Agency.

But I will play.

Fournette is no longer on the team, Robinson has been average at best, Smoot is just a body.

Ramsey is no longer on the team, Ngakoue is no longer on the team and Myles Jack is awful.

Lack of homegrown talent on the team has forced the Jags to invest in Free Agency.

Really? On this nice morning? The reason they are hitting free agency so hard is they haven’t retained homegrown guys. Guys, by my recollection, that are balling out for other teams. Please see the rundown of those guys above. But I’ll talk about a few more recent, (cutting out some killer draft classes from the same regime) if that helps move along this gawd awful topic. 

Fournette (former pro bowler) should have been a Jag for way longer, James Robinson has been an absolute gem, etiene hasn’t even played a down yet but should be a stud. Jets fans would love to have him right now. Tyson Campbell was developing nicely after his injury. If you say we dodged a bullet on T Law after 1 season who the heck do we have?

Jets fans want DJ Chark (former pro bowler) to be a jet so bad they are refreshing this feed every 5 minutes. Quincy Williams was given up on too early and he got a raise this year after cutting out a nice role for himself. Shenault is a fine pro and a nice piece to the offense.

Minshew beat the brakes off of us this year and has a hell of a career stat line but is being black balled from starting for some reason.

let’s consider we have both drawn a picture of the Jags that has truth in it somewhere as well as some info that can be challenged and leave it at that. If you feel the need to rebuttal then fine. I’d like to get back to the Jets at some point though ?

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All Jets fans wanted to do was spend recklessly like the Jags have.  They dont get it.  Ive said it many times:  Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe D to act just like him.

It is a true blessing we have an adult in the room that is being responsible and setting us up for long term success.

We hated Mac because he sucked at his job and made bad signings as well as bad draft picks save Q. There is nothing wrong with spending money if you have it. That said, I do like JD's first two signings. Not splashy but they are upgrades. 

18 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

1.  Would this make you happy or upset as a Jets fans to see them be THAT aggressive?

2.  Would it make you feel better, worse, no change on how they felt about Wilson?

I think the Jags are just throwing stuff up against the wall in the hopes that something sticks.

• Upvote 1