Special Sauce at 4

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If anything, they’d take him at 10 and I think he’ll be there.  The 4 spot is for an edge.  After that i still think d is more likely than o.  But i wouldn’t rule out a dt at 10 b/c the run d was putrid and that’s what kept wilson off the field for long stretches.

I agree on edge at 4, and 10 will be WR, CB or a trade down.  We are likely to address DT fairly early too, and add another TE.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree on edge at 4, and 10 will be WR, CB or a trade down.  We are likely to address DT fairly early too, and add another TE.

If they go wr in the first round i don’t think it’s at 10, it would be in a trade back.  While i think cb is in play at 10 i can see saleh and his defensive staff lobbying for an edge and one of those Georgia DTs to fix the worst run d. 

Gilmore still unsigned. Sounds like it’s us and niners as the two most interested teams. If we miss on him, I’d agree cb will be one of our first two picks. 

something to note, Gilmore has been on east coast his whole career dating back to college with most of his pro career being played in Buffalo and NE. NY is still close to where he probably already has homes. Could mean nothing, could give us the leg up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YankeeJet22 said:

No chance JD take a CB at 4. None. 

I’d say edge all day every day by what we’ve heard from him and  Saleh. But seems Brandon will be the best CB in the draft, BPA in the spot by a mile and the edge talent seems drop off after first two. Yet should be very good ones available at our other spots. Gonna be interesting, 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I like the player, and he would be a good pick, but can we please make a pact never, ever, ever to use his nickname again once he is drafted?

"Sauce" is mentioned more times in this forum than it is in the Heinz corporate plan. You can have too much sauce, people.

I like it when you get saucy.

• Haha 2

Walker at #4. McDuffie at #10. Gardner isn't the only impact corner in this draft. I know the sauce thing is appealing,, but let's not get carried away.

That would be horrible value. McDuffie will go much later. Walker is a workout warrior who had a total of 9.5 sacks in three years. 4 is WAY to high for him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Looks like the Jets are planning to do an Edge/ WR with their 2 picks. Sauce is great but he’d be unnecessary if the Jets are really going in on Gilmore.

That's really it.

If they pay big for a CB in FA - then CB is out in the first - or even second.   

No matter what happens they're coming out of round 1 with an Edge - IMO it's a question of WR or CB with the 1st.  Jets seem to be focused on bringing in a CB in FA..

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sauce at 4 would be a total reach.  I think Douglas is going to try his best to trade back.  

I want edge at 4, but Gardner is not a reach at 4. Dude hasn’t allowed a TD EVER, teams throw away from him, he’s left on an island at times, and he’s always available. That’s a top 5 resume to me.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sauce at 4 would be a total reach.  I think Douglas is going to try his best to trade back.  

In my opinion in this draft any player is a reach at 4, so trading back is the best option

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I want edge at 4, but Gardner is not a reach at 4. Dude hasn’t allowed a TD EVER, teams throw away from him, he’s left on an island at times, and he’s always available. That’s a top 5 resume to me.
And why he has been the projected no 1 or even top 5 pick exactly ... never.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I don’t think so. Only solid Starting corner in that group is Hall. If we are being honest Echols is a backup and MC2 is more of a rotational slot corner then a true 2 CB

for sure Echols is a backup but he did draft a few CBs last year even though it was late ,late pics. just saying with all the holes we got he might give Echols a 2nd year to see if he can be better. 

watch all of this is a waste if in a few hours we sign a starting CB . LOL

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't know and I don't think JD would do that unless we got real compensation -- a top 50 type pick. But I think it's a real possibility that doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar.

It should definitely be on people's radar. We are definitely in position to land a top tackle. If that happens, I think Becton is gone. Question is what can we get for him. I think we get a late 1st rounder for him. He has a few years left on rookie contract that showed he can dominate in the NFL....when healthy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

Gilmore still unsigned. Sounds like it’s us and niners as the two most interested teams. If we miss on him, I’d agree cb will be one of our first two picks. 

something to note, Gilmore has been on east coast his whole career dating back to college with most of his pro career being played in Buffalo and NE. NY is still close to where he probably already has homes. Could mean nothing, could give us the leg up.

49ers signed Charvarius Ward to a 3 year - $42M deal. The team that's speculated to have the top offer for Gilmore are the Raiders. Jets haven't submitted an offer at this point. Williams maybe the hold up to the rest of our signing. 

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Looks like the Jets are planning to do an Edge/ WR with their 2 picks. Sauce is great but he’d be unnecessary if the Jets are really going in on Gilmore.

Yeah I didn't see Gilmore as an option when I made my Lock statement lol.

I would prefer to avoid Gilmore, still hoping they just end up with Williams.

I've got to think the Jets plans at 4 and 10 are fluid depending on how the cookie crumbles.

Hutchinson seems the only lock to go 1 or 2.

4 hours ago, Hex said:

In my opinion in this draft any player is a reach at 4, so trading back is the best option

Agreed, I doubt there is an opportunity to trade down, but yes everything might be a reach at 4.

Thibs might fall.

These wrs don't scream top 10 value to me , the value seems to be in the teens and  further down.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I like the player, and he would be a good pick, but can we please make a pact never, ever, ever to use his nickname again once he is drafted?

"Sauce" is mentioned more times in this forum than it is in the Heinz corporate plan. You can have too much sauce, people.

Half Baked Boo GIF

Hype Keep It Saucy GIF by ONE37pm

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

That would be horrible value. McDuffie will go much later. Walker is a workout warrior who had a total of 9.5 sacks in three years. 4 is WAY to high for him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Walker will be a top 10 selection. They didn't ask him to sack the QB. His role was to collapse the pocket and stuff the run. Did that very well. I agree at #10, McDuffie would be a reach. He definitely will be drafted somewhere in the 1st. If Stingley's injury history scares people off, McDuffie or that Clemson corner will go after Gardner.

7 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

Hype Keep It Saucy GIF by ONE37pm

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, genot said:

Walker will be a top 10 selection.

Ok. You seem positive. Lets break it down. 

JAX: Are they taking Walker? My guess is they go Neal. Certainly not Walker. He's still the #1 OT on most boards. The idea that they won't make this pick b/c they tagged Robinson is, well, silly. 

DET: If they don't take Hutch fans will revolt. This is a no-brainer pick. 

HOU: Personally, I think Thib. is the pick here. Could be Ekwonu. Could be a QB. Lets say its Thib. It will be Thib. Trust. 

NYJ: Sure, if the Jets REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love Walker I can see him being the pick here. If they sign Gilmore and they are happy where they are with CB and aren't in love with Hamilton or any other pass rushers. But I just don't see that being the case. For now, I still have Gardner as the pick here for the Jets. It makes a TON of sense. 

NYG: Ekwonu. Giants can go a number of ways- even QB. Yes, they could take Walker if they loved the guy as a prospect. But passing on Ekwonu at this point would be crazy. 

CAR: Another team that could be targeting a QB. And while CAR can go in a number of directions, pass rusher just doesn't seem like one of them. I'll have them going with BPA who also fits a need- Kyle Hamilton. This would actually be a sneaky good pick for them if they aren't high on a particular QB. 

NYG: G-men are back up again. So do they take a QB here? Maybe? Maybe THIS TIME they DO take a pass rusher like Walker. But could also be Karl or Ojabo or Johnson. Let's put a pin in this for now

ATL: ATL has a ton of needs. They can go WR, OT, Edge, QB, CB, you name it. So yeah, they COULD go edge and take Walker. But I doubt it. I think ATL takes a QB. I have them going with Malik Willis.

SEA: Cross is the best prospect on the board. Seattle could go with him. If they don't like any QBs available to them. A pass rusher doesn't really make sense for them. Taking Cross and seeing if Drew Lock can develop into a legit QB makes a ton of sense. Oh and btw, both of their OTs are currently FAs if im not mistaken. 

NYJ: Jets are picking again. We've talked about this selection time and time again. with the way this plays out, looks like the pick HAS to be WR or Edge. So YES. Walker could be the pick. But could also be Ojabo, Karl. and Johnson. All three are still on the board. 

So, my mock has the following prospects going in the top 10: Neal, Hutch, Thib, Sauce, Ekwonu, Hamilton, Willis, Cross.  Can't really argue against that, even if the order or teams don't match up. Then AT PICK 7 there is definite potential for the Giants to take an Edge, so YES, Walker would be a good spot to go there. But just as good as Karl., or Johnson or Ojabo. But then again, the Gianst could just as well take a QB- they will have their pick.

And then we slide to 10 where the Jets pick and its the same story- Edge makes a ton of sense and Walker COULD be the guy, but just as easily the Jets could pivot to address WR. They will have their pick of WRs. 

You seem to be really sure Walker is a top 10 pick but even in this very practical scenario with majority consensus top 10 picks going, well, in the top 10, Walker could very well NOT be selected. 

Real Housewives Of Orange County Discussion GIF

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok. You seem positive. Lets break it down. 

JAX: Are they taking Walker? My guess is they go Neal. Certainly not Walker. He's still the #1 OT on most boards. The idea that they won't make this pick b/c they tagged Robinson is, well, silly. 

DET: If they don't take Hutch fans will revolt. This is a no-brainer pick. 

HOU: Personally, I think Thib. is the pick here. Could be Ekwonu. Could be a QB. Lets say its Thib. It will be Thib. Trust. 

NYJ: Sure, if the Jets REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love Walker I can see him being the pick here. If they sign Gilmore and they are happy where they are with CB and aren't in love with Hamilton or any other pass rushers. But I just don't see that being the case. For now, I still have Gardner as the pick here for the Jets. It makes a TON of sense. 

NYG: Ekwonu. Giants can go a number of ways- even QB. Yes, they could take Walker if they loved the guy as a prospect. But passing on Ekwonu at this point would be crazy. 

CAR: Another team that could be targeting a QB. And while CAR can go in a number of directions, pass rusher just doesn't seem like one of them. I'll have them going with BPA who also fits a need- Kyle Hamilton. This would actually be a sneaky good pick for them if they aren't high on a particular QB. 

NYG: G-men are back up again. So do they take a QB here? Maybe? Maybe THIS TIME they DO take a pass rusher like Walker. But could also be Karl or Ojabo or Johnson. Let's put a pin in this for now

ATL: ATL has a ton of needs. They can go WR, OT, Edge, QB, CB, you name it. So yeah, they COULD go edge and take Walker. But I doubt it. I think ATL takes a QB. I have them going with Malik Willis.

SEA: Cross is the best prospect on the board. Seattle could go with him. If they don't like any QBs available to them. A pass rusher doesn't really make sense for them. Taking Cross and seeing if Drew Lock can develop into a legit QB makes a ton of sense. Oh and btw, both of their OTs are currently FAs if im not mistaken. 

NYJ: Jets are picking again. We've talked about this selection time and time again. with the way this plays out, looks like the pick HAS to be WR or Edge. So YES. Walker could be the pick. But could also be Ojabo, Karl. and Johnson. All three are still on the board. 

So, my mock has the following prospects going in the top 10: Neal, Hutch, Thib, Sauce, Ekwonu, Hamilton, Willis, Cross.  Can't really argue against that, even if the order or teams don't match up. Then AT PICK 7 there is definite potential for the Giants to take an Edge, so YES, Walker would be a good spot to go there. But just as good as Karl., or Johnson or Ojabo. But then again, the Gianst could just as well take a QB- they will have their pick.

And then we slide to 10 where the Jets pick and its the same story- Edge makes a ton of sense and Walker COULD be the guy, but just as easily the Jets could pivot to address WR. They will have their pick of WRs. 

You seem to be really sure Walker is a top 10 pick but even in this very practical scenario with majority consensus top 10 picks going, well, in the top 10, Walker could very well NOT be selected. 

Real Housewives Of Orange County Discussion GIF

I'm not positive. I'm very confident though about my view that Walker is a more appealing prospect than KT. Walker's  attitude and work ethic can't be questioned. KT's can  Plus, Walker played for a championship team. And a great college program