Joe Douglas is KILLING it in FA

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

They've had two good signings. Tomlinson and Reed.

The other guys are fine plug in players but as always with Jets fans they're seriously overrating them and they've been declared successful before a down is played. Same thing with Keelan Cole and Perriman the year before.

The draft is far more crucial to the future of this team as well as Zach's progress. Saleh at least has less excuses and if we're in the bottom 5 in defence next year he should be out the door. 

I have to admit, in a very Homerish moment, I'm sorta excited to see how Berrios might respond with a broader remit on the Offense.  As a WR #4 or even spot #3 at times, to see if he can bring something the Coles and Perriman's just didn't....passion and excitement and effort.

I do hope he doesn't rest on his laurels now that he got paid.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's right to have a #1 WR when you bring in a rookie QB.  

So having a Cooper or a Robinson with a rookie  at 10 - would make an awful lot of sense.  Cooper/Robbinson, Moore, Davis, #10 and Berrios...And yes, Davis is gone next year and #10 hopefully takes on the #1 Mantle.  There wouldn't be any lack of reps for #10.

Now, if he was surrounded with a series of quality vet #2 type WR's- then that's better.  Right now Corey Davis, should be a third option.  We have no idea if 5'10"  Moore can stay healthy, 5'8" isn't Berrios isn't scaring anyone and whatever Vet Jag they bring in isn't either.

Add to that 5'8" Moore, a our new hold-the-fort TE....We're leaving Zach Wilson heavily undermanned.  

Yes, whatever WR we take at 10 may or may not help this year and likely TE in the 2nd - also may or not contribute much this year.  

JD hits on WR and TE then they'll be fine...but It's just a big risk rolling the dice on such an important year for ZW.

They already have Davis. What do you do with him? Or do you just bench him, which is going to create a locker room problem, as well as have a Davis-Cooper combo of some $34MM - which is really just Cooper for $34MM - for this year. Or are you purposely benching the rookie all year? Or are you giving up on Moore after his rookie year? 

The team's base set isn't going to have 4 WRs. So the reality is this year if they added a Cooper/Robinson/etc then you can dismiss a WR that early. When taking a WR that early a team expects production as a rookie; they can develop someone with a later pick. 

I'm now reading further down to your 3rd-last paragraph. If you're just going to fire off bull***t then it's beneath me to give serious further replies to someone who wants to spout out Moore is 5'8" and the almost-SB champs' starting TE is a hold-the-fort zero like he's equivalent to Ryan Griffin or Kellen Davis. 

Just instead say "Jets suck and everything they do sucks because it's the Jets doing it" since it'll take less time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

In Tenn. Corey Davis was a very solid #1B/#2.  Injury prone, sure, but when playing, very solid.  

So other than now being with Zach instead of Tannehill, what has dropped him down all the way to a #3 in your eyes?

Feels like you're already making pre-emptive excuses for Zach for 2022.  

Wilson/Davis/Moore/Berrios/Mims is a more than adequate WR group, talent wise.  If the QB doesn't suck.

It's better than adequate tbh, especially if Wilson hits which I think he will. You have two potential #1 guys in him and Moore and a solid #2 in Davis. Those three would be a nightmare for teams to matchup against. Berrios is if nothing else a very solid rotational guy who can do a job. Probably a mediocre third option but a very good fourth one.

@FidelioJet you're out of your mind if you don't think that would be a solid WR group. You don't spend a top 10 pick and make a WR the highest paid at his position unless you have literally nothing at the position. Even if the Jets were to enter the season today we'd still have far from the worst group of receivers, not even close.

Labelling Moore unreliable and injury prone after one year is ridiculous. He was excellent last year and even when he wasn't producing it was obvious the problem wasn't him. He's a special talent who is at the very least going to be a great #2 guy. Davis is far better than you're making out. Tennessee didn't try to resign him because they didn't have the resources and they already know they're gonna have to pay AJ Brown insane money. We paid him what would have been 75% of their available cap. They had bigger issues they needed to deal with. A ridiculous point. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have to admit, in a very Homerish moment, I'm sorta excited to see how Berrios might respond with a broader remit on the Offense.  As a WR #4 or even spot #3 at times, to see if he can bring something the Coles and Perriman's just didn't....passion and excitement and effort.

I do hope he doesn't rest on his laurels now that he got paid.

Berrios, in the last quarter of the season, proved he can contribute on offense. When the offense was struggling and beat up, the team was forced to get creative with him and he shined. The jets aren’t paying him 6 mill a year to return punts. He also just doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that’s gonna sit back now that he’s making some money. He’s essentially on a 1 year deal from the looks of his contract anyways so he should still be extremely motivated. I think he showed enough that the team will give him more opportunity to produce.  I see 750 yard rec / 150 yard rushing with a handful of tds kind of upside in him.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They already have Davis. What do you do with him? Or do you just bench him, which is going to create a locker room problem, as well as have a Davis-Cooper combo of some $34MM - which is really just Cooper for $34MM - for this year. Or are you purposely benching the rookie all year? Or are you giving up on Moore after his rookie year? 

The team's base set isn't going to have 4 WRs. So the reality is this year if they added a Cooper/Robinson/etc then you can dismiss a WR that early. When taking a WR that early a team expects production as a rookie; they can develop someone with a later pick. 

I'm now reading further down to your 3rd-last paragraph. If you're just going to fire off bull***t then it's beneath me to give serious further replies to someone who wants to spout out Moore is 5'8" and the almost-SB champs' starting TE is a hold-the-fort zero like he's equivalent to Ryan Griffin or Kellen Davis. 

Just instead say "Jets suck and everything they do sucks because it's the Jets doing it" since it'll take less time.

When did I say the team sucks?

Because I don't agree that we have a #1 WR on the roster? And that going into the season without one is a mistake?

All I'm saying is we're going into the season with a huge hole at #1WR again.  And rolling the dice that rookie will step in become a difference maker.  And that the current lot will stay healthy unlike last year.  

Why is that so hard for people to accept?  

It's the same WR group as last year, minus probably the best receiver on the team in Crowder + adding a Rookie.  Not having concerns there would be looking at this with rose colored glasses.

Note: The Moore 5'8" was meant to say Carter (typ-o there - my fault)) as I mentioned Moore was 5'10" above in the chain.  

52 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I question the AVT pick. Taking an OG in the top half of the first round shows he did not understand positional value with that pick. Look at LT who we just signed in FA, that's where IOL should be built along with low 2nd - 3rd round picks. I wanted a shot at a play maker with that pick.

Other than that JD has done a great job in FA filling non premium positions and setting us up for the draft.

I questioned the trade up and pick, too, but there’s no complaint about the quality of the player. If he takes another OL in the first or second round this year, I won’t be happy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Because I don't agree that we have a #1 WR on the roster? And that going into the season without one is a mistake?

All I'm saying is we're going into the season with a huge hole at #1WR again.  And rolling the dice that rookie will step in become a difference maker.  And that the current lot will stay healthy unlike last year.  

It's the same WR group as last year, minus probably the best receiver on the team in Crowder + adding a Rookie.  Not having concerns there would be looking at this with rose colored glasses.

Note: The Moore 5'8" was meant to say Carter (typ-o there - my fault)) as I mentioned Moore was 5'10" above in the chain.  

They're going to draft another WR early-on, and won't just stash him on the bench because they'd already filled the starting 3 among a new FA vet + Davis + Moore.

It's unusual for any team to spend huge veteran contracts on 2 different WRs. The Chargers just did it, Tampa's doing it at least for this year, and others have in the past. But it's the exception not the rule. More typically, teams pick one of the two, and then let the other go after the rookie contract's up.

Nothing written in stone, but it's looking like they'll draft a WR in round 1 or 2, and a TE in round 2 or 3. Figure a RB as well.

• Round 1-2 WR
  • Moore
  • Davis
  • Berrios
  • another veteran WR and/or draft pick
  • Uzumah
  • Round 2-3 TE
  • Griffin (could see them dropping him to the vet min in exchange for guaranteeing it)
  • Plus MC1 is a good receiver out of the backfield, as is Carter who was the only one of their top 3 from last year who picked up a blitz. Hoping Carter gets better - much better - in this area; he won't get worse.

I'd have been plenty happy with them adding a bigger name veteran WR this month, but tbh that group above, plus the starting OL they have penciled in already, should be plenty if Wilson is worth a damn. The idea that he's being hung out to dry is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's better than adequate tbh, especially if Wilson hits which I think he will. You have two potential #1 guys in him and Moore and a solid #2 in Davis. Those three would be a nightmare for teams to matchup against. Berrios is if nothing else a very solid rotational guy who can do a job. Probably a mediocre third option but a very good fourth one.

@FidelioJet you're out of your mind if you don't think that would be a solid WR group. You don't spend a top 10 pick and make a WR the highest paid at his position unless you have literally nothing at the position. Even if the Jets were to enter the season today we'd still have far from the worst group of receivers, not even close.

Labelling Moore unreliable and injury prone after one year is ridiculous. He was excellent last year and even when he wasn't producing it was obvious the problem wasn't him. He's a special talent who is at the very least going to be a great #2 guy. Davis is far better than you're making out. Tennessee didn't try to resign him because they didn't have the resources and they already know they're gonna have to pay AJ Brown insane money. We paid him what would have been 75% of their available cap. They had bigger issues they needed to deal with. A ridiculous point. 

As of right now, the NY Jets WR room has been downgraded from last year.  Crowder was the steadiest and most trustworthy WR on the team.  We'll see what things look like when the season starts...but counting on a rookie to lift the team up is incredibly risky.  

I like Moore a lot, loved the pick - thought we stole him that late.  But he missed time with 3 separate injuries last year.  I think that's reason for concern.  To claim otherwise is just not looking at reality.  He's a little guy and that shouldn't be unexpected.  Frankly I'm hoping they use Berrios for more of the gadget, run stuff they had Moore doing early, reduce his touches and chance of injury.

Davis is a #3WR on a good team.  You want to say otherwise, so be it.  But I watched him play nine games last year, saw all 34 of his catches and his almost 20% drop rate - I know what I saw. He plays small, doesn't generate separation, doesn't win one-on-one battles and pretty much needs to be schemed open.

Let me be clear, I like what the Jets have done....I have not said otherwise.  We are missing a #1 WR and will be going into the season with some concerns at the position.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They're going to draft another WR early-on, and won't just stash him on the bench because they'd already filled the starting 3 among FAVet-Davis-Moore.

it's unusual for any team to spend huge veteran contracts on 2 different WRs. The Chargers just did it.

Nothing written in stone, but it's looking like they'll draft a WR in round 1 or 2, and a TE in round 2 or 3. Figure a RB as well.

• Round 1-2 WR
  • Moore
  • Davis
  • Berrios
  • another veteran WR and/or draft pick
  • Uzumah
  • Round 2-3 TE
  • Griffin (could see them dropping him to the vet min in exchange for guaranteeing it)
  • Plus MC1 is a good receiver out of the backfield, as is Carter who was the only one of their top 3 from last year who picked up a blitz. Hoping Carter gets better - much better - in this area; he won't get worse.

I'd have been plenty happy with them adding a bigger name veteran WR this month, but tbh that group above, plus the starting OL they have penciled in already, should be plenty if Wilson is worth a damn. The idea that he's being hung out to dry is ridiculous. 

You make it sound like a team only uses 3 WR's...and the rest just hang out on the sideline for 17 weeks.  Any rookie coming in with Davis, Moore and a #1 will still get plenty of reps and also be given room to learn his profession.

It's just in my opinion, WR was the most important position on this team to not be rolling the dice with.  The Jets are taking substantive risks.  Not sure what's so wrong about not seeing last years's WR group + a hight draft pick (minus Crowder) and being a bit concerned.

I'm not sure how anyone could not be.  Seems obvious. 

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm your Huckleberry.

1. Overall, no real objections to the signings:  

• Thomlinson is an obvious O-line upgrade.
  • Reed is equally an obvious DB upgrade.  And young, which is good.  
  • Uzomah, IMO, is over-rated by Jets Fans, he's basically a +30 yards/year Griffin.  We'll see.
  • Whitehead is...a guy.  A young guy.  A flexible guy, it seems.  But still, not a star of any kind.  But at least he maybe takes 1st Round Safety off the list, which itself would be a big win.  Overall tho I think he's a slight downgrade from Maye.
  • Berrios resigning is good.  Still like him as a #4 WR/KR and trick-play guy. 
  • Foley was just a guy too, not upset at his departure.

2. WR, EDGE, RB, LB, TE, K and DB's all remain needs for the team.  Glad we have alot of picks, as EDGE, WR, LB and TE should be addressed by the end of Round 2.

3. With all that said, we hear the same old Rah Rah every offseason about how "JD is killing it in FA", "JD is killing it in the draft". 

I truly hope 2022 is the year all this supposed "killing it" actually starts resulting in Wins. 

Not an unreasonable ask IMO.

@Cp561

I'm honestly curious which part of this post you felt was worthy of the Neg Rep?

Thanks in advance.

• Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets hear from some of the naysayers on the JD topic. 

Ok. here I am...the #1 Douglas naysayer.

Weren't you one of the ones who said that Douglas killed it in the draft last year and the year before? How has that turned out so far?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As of right now, the NY Jets WR room has been downgraded from last year.  Crowder was the steadiest and most trustworthy WR on the team.  We'll see what things look like when the season starts...but counting on a rookie to lift the team up is incredibly risky.  

I like Moore a lot, loved the pick - thought we stole him that late.  But he missed time with 3 separate injuries last year.  I think that's reason for concern.  To claim otherwise is just not looking at reality.  He's a little guy and that shouldn't be unexpected.  Frankly I'm hoping they use Berrios for more of the gadget, run stuff they had Moore doing early, reduce his touches and chance of injury.

Davis is a #3WR on a good team.  You want to say otherwise, so be it.  But I watched him play nine games last year, saw all 34 of his catches and his almost 20% drop rate - I know what I saw. He plays small, doesn't generate separation, doesn't win one-on-one battles and pretty much needs to be schemed open.

Let me be clear, I like what the Jets have done....I have not said otherwise.  We are missing a #1 WR and will be going into the season with some concerns at the position.

We are a Davis injury away from the 2020 Jets WR debacle room

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Many a wise person on here have said “you don’t win with Free Agency”, I still agree.

Some really, really smart acquisitions and I love it, but let’s get the draft right and really start building.

The Eagles did it. Some will try to argue that the Rams didn't do it because they got their top players via trade but that's B.S. because that's pretty much the same. The only difference is they acquired vet players with draft picks instead of money. The key is meeting your needs and not getting someone just to make a splash. Also, never overpay unless it's a game changing deal like the Broncos getting Russell Wilson. 

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We are drafting a number 1 wr in garrett wilson.  And then we will have 2 number 1s as Moore and Wilson are going to be unstoppable as a tandem.

• Upvote 1

sodas

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are drafting a number 1 wr in garrett wilson.  And then we will have 2 number 1s as Moore and Wilson are going to be unstoppable as a tandem.

So you want our #1 and #2 WR's to be 5'10" and 5'11"?

I really do like Moore and he's proven he can play at a high level in NFL - if he can stay healthy he's can be special.  But he belongs mostly in the slot.

Wilson - just a roll of the dice.  Just too big a risk to be counted on.  IMO.

I hope you're right, I really do - Moore stays healthy, they draft Wilson and he comes in and plays at a high level from week 1.  Give me that - and I no complaints.  Two big if's in my opinion.  

19 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Ok. here I am...the #1 Douglas naysayer.

Weren't you one of the ones who said that Douglas killed it in the draft last year and the year before? How has that turned out so far?

I don't think I ever weighed in on the draft at least I don't remember doing so. I'm one to wait a see how drafts turn out rather than predicting. 

AVT  Moore and Carter (who I was very critical of early) all turned out pretty good and while I was not real high on the trade up for AVT at draft time it certainly went a long way in solidifying the OL . 

18 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Just gave wilson or London at 10

I would like to see Treylon Burks but I'm not sure where he should be drafted. He's big 6 -3 225 and will project IMO as a strong possession type WR exactly what we expected Davis to be but he fell short. He not needed to be a burner and is going to be a bitch to tackle on the second level So I expect big Yards After Catch numbers. Just watched his eval and they say he's got identical numbers to AJ Brown so there's that

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You make it sound like a team only uses 3 WR's...and the rest just hang out on the sideline for 17 weeks.  Any rookie coming in with Davis, Moore and a #1 will still get plenty of reps and also be given room to learn his profession.

It's just in my opinion, WR was the most important position on this team to not be rolling the dice with.  The Jets are taking substantive risks.  Not sure what's so wrong about not seeing last years's WR group + a hight draft pick (minus Crowder) and being a bit concerned.

I'm not sure how anyone could not be.  Seems obvious. 

At once? Yes the team typically uses 3 WRs. They will be adding a 4th in the draft. They're also surely going to add another depth person or two as well, since no one has a full WR corps of just 4 people. 

They will also be de facto adding still another receiver to the field in the form of a previously-absent TE position, whether it's Uzomah or a rookie on the field at that time. 

So that's 4 downfield targets in most 3-WR sets. If they go empty backfield it'll be 5 downfield targets: a TE and their top 4 WRs, or top 2 TEs and 3 WRs.

Wilson does not and should not need more than that, and last year's group on paper wasn't even last year's group because Moore had a slow start plus injuries, Crowder started out and then finished up injured, Davis got injured, then came back, then got injured. All three finished the season on IR. They also again had no TE all year. Cole was near-useless.

It's last year's group, swapping Crowder for a high draft pick WR, adding 2 TEs (1 already added), and not figuring on each of their top 3 WRs missing >50% of the offensive snaps, as well as the team's first year in a blocking scheme that takes time (starting it out with a backup and a man-blocker as the right half of the line). 

If they have as many injuries as last year to their top 3 targets and starting TE, yeah no doubt it'll be tough. As it would be for any QB, not just Wilson. That'd be like grading Burrow after deleting Chase + Boyd + Higgins + Uzomah and putting their backups on the field instead. 

You make it sound like every half-decent or smart team has a WR+TE receiving corps 7 starters deep. That's a fantasy, not at all some "obvious" or typical minimum. The only alternative is that you don't actually believe they're actually going to sign or draft anyone else at WR, TE, or RB.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I believe the defense is the key for how good the Jets will be this coming season.

Yup.  And it is also the key for how good Wilson needs to be this coming season.  If the D can actually get some stops, maybe we can win some games behind a strong OL, solid running game and Wilson making a few plays here and there.  We were 3-2 last season holding opponents to 24 or less.  1-11 giving up 25 or more.

I would love to see Wlson eventually develop into a QB who can win 38-35 shootouts, but for 2022, I am okay if he is a good game manager and we can win enough 24-21 type games.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they have as many injuries as last year to their top 3 targets and starting TE, yeah no doubt it'll be tough. As it would be for any QB, not just Wilson. That'd be like grading Burrow after deleting Chase + Boyd + Higgins + Uzomah and putting their backups on the field instead

You make it sound like every half-decent or smart team has a WR+TE receiving corps 7 starters deep. That's a fantasy, not at all some "obvious" or typical minimum. The only alternative is that you don't actually believe they're actually going to sign or draft anyone else at WR, TE, or RB.

No...I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is we should have a legitimate #1 WR ---- and that no one on the Jets right now is a #1 WR and we shouldn't expect that from a rookie.

Moreover....

You're talking about injuries are unlikely even though - it's the same players!

It is entirely reasonable to be concerned about how many games our WR's missed last year due to injury, it would irresponsible of JD to not have those concerns.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This should be attached to an autoreply button.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

sodas

So you want our #1 and #2 WR's to be 5'10" and 5'11"?

I really do like Moore and he's proven he can play at a high level in NFL - if he can stay healthy he's can be special.  But he belongs mostly in the slot.

Wilson - just a roll of the dice.  Just too big a risk to be counted on.  IMO.

I hope you're right, I really do - Moore stays healthy, they draft Wilson and he comes in and plays at a high level from week 1.  Give me that - and I no complaints.  Two big if's in my opinion.  

You are way overblowing height.  We have Corey Davis who is 6'3 and Uzomah who is 6"6.

Look at the Niners.  Samuel and Aiyuk are 6'0.  They aint bad.

i don't see what the issues are so far.  douglas has picked some nice players and has given himself the flexibility to go all sorts of directions in the draft.  i think the jets will go wr/edge with the 4 and 10 picks and then te in the 2nd round.  after that lb's and some depth.  i always wear green glasses but this upcoming season could really turn out pretty good.  and if it does then watch out because the salaries of the players are pretty much in alignment so that they won't need to churn the team as much next season.  the best thing for the oline and this secondary is for them to play together and understand their assignments. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No...I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is we should have a legitimate #1 WR ---- and that no one on the Jets right now is a #1 WR and we shouldn't expect that from a rookie.

Moreover....

You're talking about injuries are unlikely even though - it's the same players!

It is entirely reasonable to be concerned about how many games our WR's missed last year due to injury, it would irresponsible of JD to not have those concerns.

The whole "we need a 'true #1' WR" (in the 6'2" to 6'6" mold) is among the more overblown crises that gets repeated. 

A good QB needs multiple targets that get open, and moreover that get open without requiring 4+ seconds to outrun everyone in a dead sprint. 

He has that now, and he'll have even more by the time camp opens. 

Wilson will be wearing shoulder pads, not maxi pads. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are way overblowing height.  We have Corey Davis who is 6'3 and Uzomah who is 6"6.

Look at the Niners.  Samuel and Aiyuk are 6'0.  They aint bad.

They're not a particularly good offense by I hear you..  

Look, I get it.  If he's the best WR then take him.  I would like to see some size at WR and Davis plays small (I guess it's really that I just don't think Davis is any good). So I see - Moore, Wilson, Berrios, Carter and a TE...

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The whole "we need a 'true #1' WR" (in the 6'2" to 6'6" mold) is among the more overblown crises that gets repeated. 

A good QB needs multiple targets that get open, and moreover that get open without requiring 4+ seconds to outrun everyone in a dead sprint. 

He has that now, and he'll have even more by the time camp opens. 

Wilson will be wearing shoulder pads, not maxi pads. 

Don't agree with having a #1 is a big deal.  But I do get what you're saying and don't disagree with the sentiment.  But...

QB's need WR's that he can trust to win..  That's how the game works.  Particularly open first reads mean everything to a QB.  Moore can be that guy, but he's 5'10" simply making it a tighter window for the QB.  It's not really about height it's about catch radius. 

You keep saying "we have that now" - except it's the same WR's right now minus Crowder and a mediocre TE.  

When all is said and I done I think the biggest difference between where you and I are - is Davis.  I think he's no better than a JAG and you seem to think he's something more than that.

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can't help but wonder if the negative perception of JD's FA record would be different had Lawson not been injured and performed the way the camp reports were saying last summer.

Or if his drafting perception would be different if jet fans accept that Adam Gase ran his 1st draft.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm confident we go WR at #10, TE in the 2nd (less confident, more hopeful) and RB in either FA/Late Rounds.

Personally I hope we double dip at WR in the second especially if we trade down and can get an extra mid round pick. I would have no problem taking one at 10 and another at 35 or 38.   Pickens, Dotson, Pierce or Watson would be great picks if any of them are still on the board in the second round.   If not, I would consider a Justyn Ross or Jalen Tolbert in the 3rd,.

At TE Guys like Jelani Woods, Cole Turner, Charlie Kolar would look great in 4th or 5th rounds.     At running back we really should several solid ones to choose from in the 4th/5th.  Some combination of Spiller, Woods, Algiers,  White, Cook etc. should be available.  My favorite is Woods because he is a powerful back but has some serious break away speed at 6' 225 and also has very good hands.  The perfect compliment to MC.