Jameson Williams Seems to Have Been Forgotten

Vader

Where do you think he goes? I think someone will snatch him up in round 1; that he is and will be in the NFL the best WR in the class when healed. Hes the closest thing to jamar chase / jerry jeudy imo.

so given the injury which is progressing and the advances in sports medicine, where will he go? Is 10 a place for him given the jets FA haul and need at WR? If he could come in halfway through the season for example?

imo he is leagues better than London and olave.  Someone will take him in round one and take the bounty to the bank.

thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I would 100% draft Jameson Williams, the issue is where. It's clear the NFL does not care about ACL tears: Godwin got the Franchise tag, Gallup got $62M. I think Williams is the best WR in this class.

Another name in that same vein is George Pickens. Killed it at the Combine and might have been WR1 if he didn't tear the ACL in spring.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think he goes in the late first to some team with an embarrassment of riches on offense that can afford to redshirt their first round pick, assuming he takes awhile to get healthy.

Bills, Chiefs, etc. some team like that. 

Please not Buffalo 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

IMO...

Easily the best WR in the draft and I would take him at 10.  Injury and all...

Agreed, I could see the reasoning here. We're not realistically competing this year - we're probably going to be much much better, which makes this pick compelling, assuming next year is the year we're targeting to be legitimate contenders.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think the pressure to get Zach surrounded with help immediately is probably going to put us off taking him so early.

It’s such a huge season for Douglas/Saleh that I’m not sure they can afford the wait. Everything is all rosy now but if we lose our first four games of the season again then the fanbase will be out for blood. They know that.

That said even with his knee injury I think he’s the most sure fire pick of the WR’s. 

I think if we want him, we'll have to trade back up into the late 1st round. 

I still think he's too talented to drop out of the 1st. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think the pressure to get Zach surrounded with help immediately is probably going to put us off taking him so early.

It’s such a huge season for Douglas/Saleh that I’m not sure they can afford the wait. Everything is all rosy now but if we lose our first four games of the season again then the fanbase will be out for blood. They know that.

That said even with his knee injury I think he’s the most sure fire pick of the WR’s. 

This.  

It sounds like they wanted a vet WR but it didn’t come together.  

IMO that means they have to hope for early production from a rookie.  

12 hours ago, Vader said:

Where do you think he goes? I think someone will snatch him up in round 1; that he is and will be in the NFL the best WR in the class when healed. Hes the closest thing to jamar chase / jerry jeudy imo.

so given the injury which is progressing and the advances in sports medicine, where will he go? Is 10 a place for him given the jets FA haul and need at WR? If he could come in halfway through the season for example?

imo he is leagues better than London and olave.  Someone will take him in round one and take the bounty to the bank.

thoughts?

The issue is he doesn't match up with the Jets' timeline; they need help for Wilson now, so that they can get a better read on what they have in him. He's a better fit for a team that can afford to wait the year it will take for Williams to be back on the field and playing well.

The only reason they shouldn't take him at 10 is if they don't believe he'll return to 100%.  If that's the case, then you go with your due diligence and don't look back.  But there's no way I want to see this guy tear up the league for 10+ years in a different jersey just because he couldn't play the first 10+ weeks for us . . .

(Disclaimer -- I'm not a college football guy, so this opinion is based on the claim that he truly is a substantially better prospect than any of the others outside of injury . . .)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think if we want him, we'll have to trade back up into the late 1st round. 

I still think he's too talented to drop out of the 1st. 

Oh there’s zero chance of him dropping out of the second. You’d have to trade back into the first to get him and even then I don’t see him falling far. Can’t see him making it past New England and I expect he’ll go earlier tbh.

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Oh there’s zero chance of him dropping out of the second. You’d have to trade back into the first to get him and even then I don’t see him falling far. Can’t see him making it past New England and I expect he’ll go earlier tbh.

would you take him at 10? 

Jets can't use a top 10 pick on a WR that will likely miss the start of the year and then be "eased" in later in the year while learning to adjust to the NFL. 

If he slides to the 2nd round, different story. But I would still rather go after guys like Wilson and London who I think can be just as good, if not better, and who will be ready Week 1. 

• Upvote 1

I know I am in the minority, but I would support the Jets taking him at #10.  In my mind, he is clearly the most talented prospect in this year's draft and has the highest upside by far.

NFL players are regularly recovering from ACL tears in 9 months these days.  I wouldn't be shocked if he is ready for the start of the season, and it is very likely he will be playing within the first half of the season at worst.

Is there some risk with the pick?  Absolutely, but this could be a home run pick if they are willing to be a little patient.  The Jets will survive going into the season with Moore, Davis, Berrios, Mims, a Jeff Smith type, and a high ceiling blue chip prospect ready to contribute by mid-season.

If he drops to the bottom of Round 1, some team is getting an absolute steal.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

would you take him at 10? 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

asily the best WR in the draft and I would take him at 10.  Injury and all...

2 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

Agreed, I could see the reasoning here. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Wouldn’t hate it at all 

15 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I know I am in the minority, but I would support the Jets taking him at #10

What the fu....

HEY, DONNIE!

BILLY!!

Get in here! Shows about to start. Fools done lost their damn minds--

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bvutlsta79gicll888vb

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Vader said:

thoughts?

I’ve said it other places, grab edge and CB with 4 and 10 and trade back into the late 1st and grab Jamo and call it a day.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What the fu....

HEY, DONNIE!

BILLY!!

I'm sure you already explained this multiple times, but are you responding to the thought of taking him at 10 over another WR option, or taking a WR at 10 at all?

I'm fine if they don't think WR is worth that much draft equity, but if we're going to use that pick on a WR, I want it to be the best one, not just the "better one for the first 10 weeks of the season" . . .

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

If he were to fall to the top of the second rd I coukd see Douglas double dipping for WRs

Taking a guy in the first rd who may not play much his first yr is hard to justify.

I completely disagree. If this guy is the real deal, you take him. I'm not even saying that he is, but you would draft Ja'Marr Chase with a number one if it meant that you couldn't start him until 2023. 

This is not an argument for or against drafting Jameson Williams, but there are times when you draft a player who won't play until the following year, and this might be one of those years. We have FOUR picks in the top 40. I would think of it as a trade. This year's one for next year's one. 

For the record, I wouldn't take him at 10, but I would be ok with a trade down to take him at 20 or later with the assumption that the trade down nets us a 2nd rounder this year. I would also be cool with trading back into the first round. 

Edited by TheNuuFaaolaExperience
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What the fu....

HEY, DONNIE!

BILLY!!

I just don't LOVE any of these other guys.  Don't get me wrong - there's plenty to like from others... 

Williams jumps off the screen at me when I watch him.  Just Explosive!

I  don't see that from these other guys.  Impact players are how you win big in the NFL - the Jets don't have any.

Williams is the only WR I see that has the attributes of that game changing kind of guy   - I think it's worth the risk.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

I'm sure you already explained this multiple times, but are you responding to the thought of taking him at 10 over another WR option, or taking a WR at 10 at all?

I'm fine if they don't think WR is worth that much draft equity, but if we're going to use that pick on a WR, I want it to be the best one, not just the "better one for the first 10 weeks of the season" . . .

I personally have a hard time buying any WR at 10, but there’s some arguments out there  

THAT post ?????? Was the insane notion of taking the Guy who just blew his knee last month at 10. He wasn’t bulletproof to begin with. 

16 hours ago, Vader said:

thoughts?

just out of curiosity, what makes him leagues better then Olave? i am not a huge fan of any of these guys over the other...and i can see the London argument because we dont really know how fast he is...but Olave has been a top tier WR in CFB for the last few years, runs fast, and catches everything. so yeah...why?

for me JW has a high ceiling but not nearly as high of a floor as say G. Wilson or Olave who have a very high floor. London and Burks...i am not sure about mostly because London didnt test, and Burks tested poorly.

• Upvote 1