Baker out in Cleveland because ...

Dunnie

Bad teams are, at least in part, bad because they have bad GM's who make bad personnel decisions based on bad talent evaluation.
Anyone with eyeballs could see baker was an immature child.

Just now, Dunnie said:
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:
Bad teams are, at least in part, bad because they have bad GM's who make bad personnel decisions based on bad talent evaluation.

Anyone with eyeballs could see baker was an immature child.

And yet still a far better QB than Sam Darnold will ever be.  Or Wilson was in 2021...

Obviously, the Pro-Allan and Lamar backers were correct.  The rest of us were varying levels of incorrect.

Baker-backers the least wrong of the also-rans, Darnold Backers materially more, and lol Rosen backers, just lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

And yet still a far better QB than Sam Darnold will ever be.  Or Wilson was in 2021...
Obviously, the Pro-Allan and Lamar backers were correct.  The rest of us were varying levels of incorrect.
Baker-backers the least wrong of the also-rans, Darnold Backers materially more, and lol Rosen backers, just lol.
Yup .. no denying your last statement. I was one of the poor bastards hypnotized by Rosen's arm. I ate my crow.

Wilson ... he gets this year ... hoping for the best

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:
No one saying Watson to Browns is happening did they?  Heard Browns, Panthers, Falcons and Saints are in meetings to get this done after meeting the Texans asking price 

They alluded to it .. but were saying either way it looks like Mayfield is out.

I'm just saying the reports are 4 teams are in Houston right now.  Browns, Panthers, Saints and Falcons.  They have to sell Watson because all have met the Browns requirements of 3 #1 draft picks.  So I dont know how anyone knew the other day that Mayfield would be out.  Hey, could happen, If I were Watson I would throw out the Panthers and the other 3 each have their pros and cons.  

NO is indoors with a HOF HC and offensive savant.  Falcons are also indoors with a young roster, but a problem at WR.  Browns have the best team, ready to contentd but cold, nasty weather outdoors.

I'm just saying the reports are 4 teams are in Houston right now.  Browns, Panthers, Saints and Falcons.  They have to sell Watson because all have met the Browns requirements of 3 #1 draft picks.  So I dont know how anyone knew the other day that Mayfield would be out.  Hey, could happen, If I were Watson I would throw out the Panthers and the other 3 each have their pros and cons.  
NO is indoors with a HOF HC and offensive savant.  Falcons are also indoors with a young roster, but a problem at WR.  Browns have the best team, ready to contentd but cold, nasty weather outdoors.

Mayfield tweeted a thanks to the fans peace out message. Hes out.

Baker has done well with this job.  He is guaranteed 5th year option this year.   Of course the Browns would trade future draft picks to put Watson on this team.  The Browns are heavily into the analytics.  

But Watson is going to spend some time in suspension, so maybe they need Baker to play while they wait.  Watson will not be paid while suspended.  

Baker will move on to another team that needs a QB.  Hopefully he can have a Tannehill reboot. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just a reminder that apparently Maccagnan was hell-bent on getting Baker Mayfield if he couldn't land Sam Darnold.

Basically... he was wrong twice.

That’s not actually a bad day for Macc.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

There’s a big L for analytics 

PFF has been walking back their view of run defense and running game as well.

Their analytics is now suggesting that a good run stopper at DT is important. If you can stop the run, it allows you to commit more players to either the pass rush or pass coverage. Football coaches could have told them that years ago.

Lots of humble pie being served lately. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

Baker has done well with this job.  He is guaranteed 5th year option this year.   Of course the Browns would trade future draft picks to put Watson on this team.  The Browns are heavily into the analytics.  

But Watson is going to spend some time in suspension, so maybe they need Baker to play while they wait.  Watson will not be paid while suspended.  

Baker will move on to another team that needs a QB.  Hopefully he can have a Tannehill reboot. 

I’m going out on a limb but I don't think he’d post that and keep playing while Watson sits out some games then take a seat with a smile.  

The NFL are going to make mention of him sitting out last year and not throw the book at Watson.  Unless TMZ gets some juicy footage… then all bets are off.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Sheesh... after all that hype - Baker, Darnold, Rosen are all on the same path. Go figure

What an utter wipeout. The anti-1983 draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mayfield was my guy. We share a birthday. I was disappointed when he went #1. Oh well, I’ll wish him well. 

• Haha 1

Baker Mayfield 2018:

Mayfield and Johnson have some past discretion, as the quarterback seemed to take some offense to the running back asking for a trade in 2018, Mayfield’s rookie season.

“You’re either on this train or you’re not, it’s moving,” the Mayfield said. “You can get out of the way or you can join us.”

Duke Johnson yesterday:

4 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Baker Mayfield 2018:

Mayfield and Johnson have some past discretion, as the quarterback seemed to take some offense to the running back asking for a trade in 2018, Mayfield’s rookie season.

“You’re either on this train or you’re not, it’s moving,” the Mayfield said. “You can get out of the way or you can join us.”

Duke Johnson yesterday:

Who's Duke Johnson?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

PFF has been walking back their view of run defense and running game as well.

Their analytics is now suggesting that a good run stopper at DT is important. If you can stop the run, it allows you to commit more players to either the pass rush or pass coverage. Football coaches could have told them that years ago.

Lots of humble pie being served lately. 

Love that real football is alive and well. Never needed PFF’s sanction anyway. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Sheesh... after all that hype - Baker, Darnold, Rosen are all on the same path. Go figure

Meanwhile no one wanted anything to do with the 6’5 260lb dude with 4.5 speed and a howitzer attached to his right shoulder, who has been hands down the best QB from that class. And yes, I’m including Lamar Jackson.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Meanwhile no one wanted anything to do with the 6’5 260lb dude with 4.5 speed and a howitzer attached to his right shoulder, who has been hands down the best QB from that class. And yes, I’m including Lamar Jackson.

Who really struggled his first two years.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Who really struggled his first two years.  

Struggled with plenty of jaw dropping signs of greatness.

Everyone was telling me how you “can’t teach accuracy”.

Sure you can

What you can’t teach is that body type, that arm and that speed.

The Bills swung for the fences on a total freak while the Browns, Jets and Cardinals played it “safe”.

Fast forward 4 years and Darnold has career backup written all over him, Baker is about to follow the same path and Josh Rosen is shaking a goodwill bell somewhere.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Struggled with plenty of jaw dropping signs of greatness.

Everyone was telling me how you “can’t teach accuracy”.

Sure you can

What you can’t teach is that body type, that arm and that speed.

The Bills swung for the fences on a total freak while the Browns, Jets and Cardinals played it “safe”.

Fast forward 4 years and Darnold has career backup written all over him, Baker is about to follow the same path and Josh Rosen is shaking a goodwill bell somewhere.

Darnold was called a cow on ice skates- that’s not safe

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Show me the post where you said that before the draft and I’ll remove the downvote I left you.

Im not going to work for you but my past posts are filled with much Shorty McShortpants hate and even more pro Josh Allen posts.  I dont care about your emoji you left me.

Edit:

I know I said I wasnt going to look but  this made me laugh image.thumb.png.3d81a976ff89f88ff2ed72c567d2ac9c.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Darnold was called a cow on ice skates- that’s not safe

Leading up until draft day Darnold was considered a lock for the #1 pick. Have people already forgotten about this?

He was my personal favorite QB prospect since Luck, and I’ll certainly eat crow on that one.

But myself and a handful of others were looked upon as mongoloids for preferring Allen over dudes like Mayfield and Rosen.

Mayfield was a gamemanager from the start. But people were enamored with his “swagger” and all of that silly garbage.

”He’s a culture changer!”

”He can handle the bright lights of NYC!”

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And there were tons of questions regarding Rosen’s commitment to the game itself from the get-go.

In what was supposed to be the greatest QB class since ‘83, the league ended up with 3 duds, a total stud that no one initially wanted anything to do with, and what is very much looking like, to me, a flash in the pan who the league has already started to figure out, is HEAVILY scheme dependent, and will only get worse as he loses some of that vaunted 4.3 speed.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nah, I knoooowwwww we’re not pulling this revisionist history bullsh*t.

I knew he was going to be good, I thought he had the most potential out of all of them.  Not really revisionist when I was saying it back then.

Edit:

image.thumb.png.d1797e753a6b9e242abcd84edba3b9cb.png

15 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I knew he was going to be good, I thought he had the most potential out of all of them.  Not really revisionist when I was saying it back then.

Edit:

image.thumb.png.d1797e753a6b9e242abcd84edba3b9cb.png

There is a massive difference between going against the grain, which you did, and “everyone clearly knew he was the best”, which is what you claimed.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Im not going to work for you but my past posts are filled with much Shorty McShortpants hate and even more pro Josh Allen posts.  I dont care about your emoji you left me.

Edit:

I know I said I wasnt going to look but  this made me laugh image.thumb.png.3d81a976ff89f88ff2ed72c567d2ac9c.png

Oh I believe you took shots at Baker.

What I didn’t believe is when you said anyone could’ve seen and known Allen would be the best QB.

You we’re a Darnold fan boy. Admit it.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Sometimes I feel bad about sh*tting on Josh Allen, then I remember that this man was paid tens of millions of dollars to GM a professional football team for a decade:

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Sometimes I feel bad about sh*tting on Josh Allen, then I remember that this man was paid tens of millions of dollars to GM a professional football team for a decade:

And people still think it was this guy instead of Mangini in charge of the draft room…the f*cking bean counter who “studied” under Terry Bradway.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

Remember when people wanted this lil shrimp as our QB?  Josh Allen was clearly the best of the bunch it was obvious then and even more so now.

was not obvious to me.  i thought Allen would be the worst due to erratic passing accuracy.  

my ranking on draft day

mayfield

darnold

rosen

allen

and my ranking for 2021 was

lawrence

jones

wilson

fields

lance (but totally incomplete as far as sample size)