Baker out in Cleveland because ...

Dunnie

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Meanwhile no one wanted anything to do with the 6’5 260lb dude with 4.5 speed and a howitzer attached to his right shoulder, who has been hands down the best QB from that class. And yes, I’m including Lamar Jackson.

He was taken at #7 before Rosen and Jackson so he wasn’t really under the radar. He was from a small school and used his legs a lot so it made sense he was a bit of a project. Your point is well taken, though, his physical tools were the most impressive and he sure turned out the best. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I would say this makes Cleveland smart for not signing a JAG qb to a long term contract.

I agree about the long term contract but I would have given him his 5th year option year.  It is relatively cheap in the  QB market and they have a good roster that can win.  Mayfield, when healthy, has had good moments, won a lot of games and got to the playoffs.  The Browns finally had a little stability and were competitive and now they blow the whole thing up to kingdom come with no guarantee of getting Watson, and if they do, they trade 2 good starters in Chubb and Ward, and 3 number 1 draft picks.   Watson hasn't played in a year, has a cloud over his head and could be suspended, and the team is giving up a lot to get him.  It seems awfully risky to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yup .. no denying your last statement. I was one of the poor bastards hypnotized by Rosen's arm. I ate my crow.

Wilson ... he gets this year ... hoping for the best

I was a Baker guy, and he hasn't been what I'd have hoped of him either. 

I'd still take him over Darnold, but clearly Baker's immaturity is still a meaningful issue holding him back.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Speaking of guys calling shots early,

Hey @jgb If you want to signature bet the posting vacation has got to end.  

If we bet vacation homes and yours burns down before the bets over, it gets called off.  If your not posting your signature is worthless. Unless you want to PM me and modify it a little lol.

Wait…….Are you not posting because you believe Zach is now the one true QB destined to lead the Jets to glory?  Welcome aboard the Zachary bandwagon!!!!!

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

wow, that just leaves allen and jackson as the qb's from 2018.  i doubt if mayfield starts anywhere this season.

They’ll be a lot of teams in need of a starter. What are the Browns going to do if they trade Baker? Seems like an impulsive move to move him. Watson is not going there. Could you see Baker being moved to Indy and backed up by Darnold ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Reported that Baker is now requesting a trade. Browns saying that they won’t trade him. lol

What a mess they’ve made.

Browns pursue Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield posts a thank you/goodbye message. Browns told they are out of the running for Watson. Baker now requesting a trade.

Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

This is actually a huge gift for the Browns imo.  Baker stinks and they know it.  Now they can move on from him and have a redo at QB without any accountability at all.  They can shrug and say, what were we supposed to, he demanded a trade and move on.

Best gift the Browns could possibly get.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

So now the Browns are stuck with Baker after trying to pursue another QB...

..now they just have to give him a huge unnecessary contract as an apology to complete Tannenbaum's Full "Dirty Sanchez" strategy..

Baker is done with them. The owner offered to fly out to Texas to try and mend fences with him, Mayfield said no.

He already has options. The Seahawks want him, and his preferred destination, the Colts will also check in.

Mayfield is going to come out of this a lot better than the Browns. The fans are furious with the owner and FO for starting this fiasco. Mayfield changed the culture there, and the fans know it. Now the team is screwed.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Baker is done with them. The owner offered to fly out to Texas to try and mend fences with him, Mayfield said no.

He already has options. The Seahawks want him, and his preferred destination, the Colts will also check in.

Mayfield is going to come out of this a lot better than the Browns. The fans are furious with the owner and FO for starting this fiasco. Mayfield changed the culture there, and the fans know it. Now the team is screwed.

Whatever team gives up assets and will likely give him a new contract will come out of it worse. You think way too highly of a QB who struggles to crack the top 15 QBs in his "good" year.

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, Dunnie said:

... Browns want an adult at the position.

Evidently an adult that appreciates hand models.

Not official... but evidently coming soon.

Just heard this on NFL radio.

Cleveland is the new Circus.

So OBJ wasn't the real problem then?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is actually a huge gift for the Browns imo.  Baker stinks and they know it.  Now they can move on from him and have a redo at QB without any accountability at all.  They can shrug and say, what were we supposed to, he demanded a trade and move on.

Best gift the Browns could possibly get.

He may not  be elite but he doesn't stink. He won a lot of games when healthy, helped make them competitive and got them to the playoffs.  He's been their best QB in a lot of years and they had him locked up for another year at a reasonable rate to try and make another run. Now the team is blown up.

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He may not  be elite but he doesn't stink. He won a lot of games when healthy, helped make them competitive and got them to the playoffs.  He's been their best QB in a lot of years and they had him locked up for another year at a reasonable rate to try and make another run. Now the team is blown up.

He has more interceptions then Sam Darnold.  He turns it over, on a team that had a good oline, rbs, and receiving weapons and a good defense.

As I've said before he is Mark Sanchez, a guy that went to a mostly built team and had a bit of success but when they have to relay on him more he flounders.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

So OBJ wasn't the real problem then?

Such a strange comment…  ?

You’re taking the side of a FO that just let OBJ, Hooper, Landry and Higgins all move on, and has now alienated their starting QB to go after a serial molester with no backup plan if that fell through. 
Yet you choose to make a snarky remark about the QB?

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Such a strange comment…  ?

You’re taking the side of a FO that just let OBJ, Hooper, Landry and Higgins all move on, and has now alienated their starting QB to go after a serial molester with no backup plan if that fell through. 
Yet you choose to make a snarky remark about the QB?

You're way off.

• Upvote 1