Jets Trade Blake Cashman

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At this point, these GMS need to be telling their secretaries, "If Joe Douglas calls and you put him through to me, YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's not like Joe put a gun to their heads and made them make stupid decisions.  These GM's are supposed to be real smart people.  Only they're not smart, are they?

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cashman actually could have been a useful player if he was not crocked up all the time.  Getting a pick for him was excellent.

After we cut Flacco in camp we can trade that 6 back to houston to get flacco back mid season.

Availability is a difference maker at the top levels of sports.

Doesn't matter how good you are if you're never on the field to show it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I have faith that JD can get a high second, or high third.

200.gif

I think teams still see a lot of potential in Mims so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got something decent, probably not a second but I think a third is possible based on his age/ potential upside alone

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas should be put in jail at this point.  What he is doing to other teams is downright illegal.

Break Glassman???  He cant get through more then 2 games w/o going on IR.  How the heck did Douglas get anything for him?

Douglas has been ripping off other teams since being hired. I still can't believe there was fire Douglas threads a few days ago regardless of what he's done in FA. We have never had a GM like this. 

• Sympathy 1

Blake Cashman

You’ve got to tip your cap to Jets GM Joe Douglas when it comes to getting value for his players via trade.  While this isn’t on the 2 firsts for Jamal Adams scale, it’s still an impressive feat.

The #Jets are trading LB Blake Cashman to the #Texans for a 2023 sixth-round pick, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2022

Douglas has shipped oft-injured linebacker Blake Cashman to the Houston Texans for a 2023 sixth-round draft choice.

While Cashman’s talent was obvious when he was on the field, he just couldn’t stay on it long enough to justify carrying him on the roster for yet another season.  Give Cashman credit for lasting through three head coaches, a testament to how intriguing his talent is, but it was time to move on.

In three seasons with Gang Green, Cashman was healthy enough to see action in just 14 of a possible 49 games, picking up 49 tackles (3 for loss) 1 pass defended and 1 forced fumble.

The post Jets Ship Cashman to Texans for 2023 sixth-round pick appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Seattle

Carolina 

Minnesota

and now Houston

4 down, 27 more to go  

In typical JD fashion he is methodical to eliminate taking out a division all at once. One by one the dominoes fall. Not knowing when it comes until it finally happens, and he is gone by the morning leaving nothing but a trail of tears and broken franchises behind. 

as Metallica said, “Sleep with one eye ooohhpen, gripping’ that pillow ttiiiiiyyyaaatteeee”

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Joe d sure knows how to get teams to overpay.  The Jamal trade was a kings ransom for us, the Chris  Herndon trade was awesome, and now this.  I like Cashman but the guy can never stay healthy 

Don't forget Darnold . . .