Joe Douglas hasn't signed a single great player.

But he has signed a ton of very adequate players with a HUGE upside and has created at the very least some balance. That is the way to do it.
That's the only way to succeed with a team. Good Job Joe, I owe him a big apology. I am finally excited for an upcoming season, strange feeling as a Jets fan wouldn't you say?
He signed a bunch of quality starters!I love what he's doing

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Tomlinson just made the pro bowl last year and is a top guard in the league

The line as currently constructed is the most expensive one that ZW will play behind.  JD now has to find players to draft who can take over.  I think of Fant, Becton and McGovern, only 1 is extended.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

But he has signed a ton of very adequate players with a HUGE upside and has created at the very least some balance. That is the way to do it.

That's the only way to succeed with a team. Good Job Joe, I owe him a big apology. I am finally excited for an upcoming season, strange feeling as a Jets fan wouldn't you say?

Personally, I would have filled in a G with someone like LDT for 1/3 the price, signed Moses for 3x$5mm for depth and given Marcus Williams more money.  

But I agree that JD can mostly go BPA in the draft, but he needs to walk away with a WR, LB, EDGE (given this draft) and S in rds 1-3.  

• Upvote 3

Once we become a decent team, we will attract top tier players. I don't buy into the high state taxes as an excuse for not coming here. This is the biggest market where good players can sign lucrative deals outside the NFL.

We all should be grateful for these low risks contracts. Hopefully they will translate into wins and help the team earn a decent reputation.  I believe that we will attract pro bowlers in the future, but I think JD will continue spending wisely instead of breaking the budget for star players.

I am overall satisfied with these moves, but the verdict is still pending. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Apology accepted.

• Haha 4

We complained about holes everywhere on the roster.  He is filling those holes with quality starting NFL players.  If our defense is better, the offense is better and Zach comes out of 2022 looking like the true future of the franchise, 2023 FA is where we maybe end up with a legit all star in FA.

Until then, got to hit on the draft picks.

• Upvote 2

They've been telling you, since the departure of Gase, that this was a three year process and it wasn't going to look good initially and they've preached patience.

JD is managing the roster magnificently building with the right players for the right prices.  The one thing he has yet to do is find that absolute stud in the draft.  Hopefully, this year changes that or Zach turns into that.

If things go to plan, we will have a solid foundation for years at which point JD can go out and make those splashy FA moves.  But the foundation is still being laid...expect improvement this year, but still more pain.  2023 we should be competing for playoff spots, 2024 we will be competing for a ring.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

No Blue Chip elite talent signings…no sexy splashy signings….but I believe he raised the floor of this team significantly so far in FA…which is honestly all we can ask for right now 

Correct.

He filled holes, that we had basically practice squad type players - with legitimate NFL talent.   Making the team competent everywhere - huge step in the right direction.

But hasn't done much to make the team special yet.  We don't have any Impact players on the roster right now.  Some potential in Moore, Becton and AVT - and the four picks in top 38 that hope to land one or two of them.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The line as currently constructed is the most expensive one that ZW will play behind.  JD now has to find players to draft who can take over.  I think of Fant, Becton and McGovern, only 1 is extended.  

I hope the Jets draft OL in the 2nd and 4th round this year (probably OT in the 2nd and IOL in the 4th).  They really need good young talent on the OL for depth this year and maybe to start in a year or so. Whoever the swing tackle is might have to start some games....unless Becton can suddenly stay healthy for a whole season.

I agree that the 1st round will likely be Edge and WR.

• Upvote 1

Eagles signed GM Howie Roseman to a three-year extension through 2025.

Roseman had been set to enter the final year of his deal, so this takes him out of lame-duck status. He's been with the Eagles since 2000 and has been the general manager two separate times, from 2010-2014 initially before losing a power struggle with ex-coach Chip Kelly in 2015, and then getting his title back in 2019 while adding executive VP to his name. Roseman has generally performed pretty well at his job. The thing in Philly right now is trying to figure out if Jalen Hurts is the Eagles' long-term quarterback.

SOURCE: Philly Voice
Mar 17, 2022, 8:56 AM ET
  •  

Remember the Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of Howie Roseman - JD’s last boss.

Let’s not start sucking each others dïçkš JUUUUST YET, ok?

These are solid moves by a diligent and meticulous GM who is acquiring young veterans on the ascend while making short-term conservative contracts that don’t compromise the long-term future of the salary cap. He’s cleaned the cap hell that he inherited and is restocking the roster with young players who have gotten a load of playing experience in the last 2 seasons. 

Like every Jets offseason, THIS is the point in time we’re most excited. The jury is still out on his choice of HC, IMO, but all other facets seem to be running smoothly under his watch.

JD got a 6th rounder for Blake “Glass, not the” Cashman?!?!!???

If The Jets turn that corner to challenge for a Wildcard this year -and they might with these FA vets brought in to bolster the yutes - then JD deserves more years tacked on and get extended going into his 4th year and 3rd offseason.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Correct.

He filled holes, that we had basically practice squad type players - with legitimate NFL talent.   Making the team competent everywhere - huge step in the right direction.

But hasn't done much to make the team special yet.  We don't have any Impact players on the roster right now.  Some potential in Moore, Becton and AVT - and the four picks in top 38 that hope to land one or two of them.

But this is a nice step.   When you’d make lists of who were real NFL starters and where the holes were it was frustrating.  

JD has now done what I wanted to see.   You couldn’t simply draft your way out of it in 2 seasons.  There were way too many holes. 

The best teams are filled with good starters and a few stars.  Some of these additions won’t pan out, but another aggressive off-season like this and 2 good drafts will have completely revamped this team.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Needs to translate to wins. Period!

Agreed.  And as much as I am satisfied with what we have done these past few days, I am not going to get excited until I see the product on the field.  In September.  I have been fooled too many times before.  Not going to buy in to writers tweets, or pre-season performance.  I need to see it in regular season games.

On paper, its been a very good week.  Added 5 players all of whom are upgrades over the guys they are replacing.  Add a couple of guys coming back healthy from injury, and a couple of starters from the draft, and we would be very much improved.

I need to see it on the field first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

teams make great players.  give avt another season.  maybe moore and maybe becton.  maybe carter and maybe even wilson.  he hasn't signed any great free agents because those guys can pick and chose their teams or maybe they care more about winning than top dollar. 

i like what i've seen so far this off season. we'll see if this guys live up to their billing..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Correct.

pretty much agree.  i don't know how many impact players the really good teams have.  i believe teams make these players too.  something must have made a guy like cooper kupp last until the third round.  i think the jets do have a chance to pick a couple of true impact players this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Needs to translate to wins. Period!

I pay no serious attention to all this off-season/draft/pre-season stuff.   Remember all the excitement after we drafted Zach or signed Carl Lawson?  

Crush, like you, I need to see how the performs once the regular season starts.   Until then, no one knows if these guys gel together (ooh, sounds hot) and can generate more than four wins.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I pay no serious attention to all this off-season/draft/pre-season stuff.   Remember all the excitement after we drafted Zach or signed Carl Lawson?  

Crush, like you, I need to see how the performs once the regular season starts.   Until then, no one knows if these guys gel together (ooh, sounds hot) and can generate more than four wins.

I am still very excited about Zach and excited to see if Lawson can return to form

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, rangerous said:

pretty much agree.  i don't know how many impact players the really good teams have.  i believe teams make these players too.  something must have made a guy like cooper kupp last until the third round.  i think the jets do have a chance to pick a couple of true impact players this season.

Small school, played in a weak conference against lesser talent level, lack of Melanin, last name is misspelled despite being a common item for drinking, there’s a plethora of reasons why this AllPro WR stud with Crisp routes plunged to the 3rd round, lol ?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am still very excited about Zach and excited to see if Lawson can return to form

The point is that we went nowhere last year after all the hoopla.   That's why, again, I always temper my enthusiasm until I see how these guys play together in real games.