My Oldest Daughter Has Been Liberated

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

One of my kids decided, at an early age, that he wasn't going to follow dad and become a Jets fan.  He had seen what it did to me, so he decided to forge his own path.

Unfortunately for him, he decided to become a Jaguars fan instead. Karma.

Lol!! That made my morning!! Karma, indeed, Sir!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On the plus side they don't suck to watch and they have a reasonably nice uniform.  On the minus side their greatest player murdered two people.  

I don't know how old she is but I was sucked in by Joe Namath otherwise I would have definetly been a Giants fan.  I think for a young person to really bond with a team their has to be some attraction that gets into your blood.  The reality is while I'm a die hard Jets fan I also hate the Jets more than any other NFL team.  They have replaced the Raiders of my youth, the Dolphins of my middle age and Pats of my golden years as the most hated franchise in the NFL.   When I watch the Jets I feel like a version of Cybil loving and hating the Jets with a crazed fever that can't be treated with scotch or drugs.  I often slap myself around during Jets broadcasts. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

My kids grew up watching me yell and cry in front of the TV and wisely chose not to be sports fans of any kind. I’m proud of them. 

My older son fell into the trap. Jets fan for life.  My younger son was a lot smarter.  He doesn't love the NFL at all.  

53 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No character these kids, we don’t follow the Jets for glory, it’s a constant reminder of how much life sucks. 
I say less Cow bell, Boo this man!

Hey, my daughter is 25. I cut the apron strings long ago. She could have become a Cowboys fan since she lives in Tx.. At least rooting for a NY team means she is true to her roots

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Did you tell her the jets signed a right guard, a safety, corner and TWO tight ends?

Actually that was what brought up the conversation.

Hi Honey,

The Jets made some good FA moves

Daughter: Right, just like last season, the one before that and the one before that. 

Me: Actually these players have a good history

Daughter: I think I'm  going to root for the Bills. 

Tough to argue with that. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, my daughter is 25. I cut the apron strings long ago. She could have become a Cowboys fan since she lives in Tx.. At least rooting for a NY team means she is true to her roots

Hey no knock on your daughter, but you perhaps should have infected her with the Jets germ ?. It character building apparently.

Well, there is a reason why there are more Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers fans than any other team

It's because they have won more in the past, and there are always people who aren't true fans who just pick those teams to avoid butthurt.

• Upvote 2