My Oldest Daughter Has Been Liberated

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Even Christenings in Buffalo require the baby to be anointed not with holy water, but consecrated melted butter and Frank's Hot Sauce.

They don't use a font either, they just toss the baby in one of those big stainless bowls and swirl it around in the water until coated liberally. No 'Achilles Heel' situation ever again!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

One of my college girlfriend's was from the Rochester area.  Literally shocked me when I visited there one Summer and she took me out for garbage plate.  Just crazy when they place it in front of you.   Not bad, though.

GrbgPlate2_8543491e-79d6-4704-ab7b-42f9d

Yeah when I was at Oswego (>2 hours NE of Buffalo above Syracuse) they were having a Garbage Plate renaissance.  One shop started selling them, then Nick Tahou's opened up a shop.  It was crazy.  All my friends and I gained 20 lbs. just living on $5 mountains of that there in the picture above.  Sooooo goooood.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@More Cowbell I’m sure your daughter is a wonderful young lady.
Please disregard the abhorrent remark made by this despicable mail order bride loving beaver known as @Spoot-Face

BTW no need to include pics, unless you feel it would add to the thread. ?

The first draft of that joke was worse, actually, but I toned it down lol.

But I still kinda felt dirty.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

On the plus side they don't suck to watch and they have a reasonably nice uniform.  On the minus side their greatest player murdered two people.  

I don't know how old she is but I was sucked in by Joe Namath otherwise I would have definetly been a Giants fan.  I think for a young person to really bond with a team their has to be some attraction that gets into your blood.  The reality is while I'm a die hard Jets fan I also hate the Jets more than any other NFL team.  They have replaced the Raiders of my youth, the Dolphins of my middle age and Pats of my golden years as the most hated franchise in the NFL.   When I watch the Jets I feel like a version of Cybil loving and hating the Jets with a crazed fever that can't be treated with scotch or drugs.  I often slap myself around during Jets broadcasts. 

Just like the Ravens!

56 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One of my college girlfriend's was from the Rochester area.  Literally shocked me when I visited there one Summer and she took me out for garbage plate.  Just crazy when they place it in front of you.   Not bad, though.

GrbgPlate2_8543491e-79d6-4704-ab7b-42f9d

I think I gained 10 lbs just looking at it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, my daughter is 25. I cut the apron strings long ago. She could have become a Cowboys fan since she lives in Tx.. At least rooting for a NY team means she is true to her roots

Rooting for the Bills is not rooting for a NY team and being true to your roots.  Buffalo isnt NY its NY State, two completely different things.  

Cowboys given her address makes more sense.  But you cant control any of this

9 hours ago, mrcoops said:

One of my kids decided, at an early age, that he wasn't going to follow dad and become a Jets fan.  He had seen what it did to me, so he decided to forge his own path.

Unfortunately for him, he decided to become a Jaguars fan instead. Karma.

My daughter is a Browns fan, lolololololololol

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Rooting for the Bills is not rooting for a NY team and being true to your roots.  Buffalo isnt NY its NY State, two completely different things.  

Cowboys given her address makes more sense.  But you cant control any of this

Ok, I wasn't  aware Buffalo  had seceded from the union. 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

I am a Jet fan.  My son is a Jet fan.  And both of us plan to do everything in our power to make certain his 18 month old son will be a Jet fan.

Miserable Sunday afternoons in the fall are a Lith family tradition.  Soon to span 3 generations.

My son in law, great guy, is a Giants fan.   I am going full throttle to convert my grandson(3) to a JETS fan.     Would LOVE that he became JETS fan, FUKK the Giants.    

• Sympathy 1