Potential Big Trade

JD himself and reports have indicated he is willing and searching for a way to help this team with an established player. 

Connor has been doing well this FA with his assessments and I tend to agree - JD could make a big move at some point soon or before the draft. 

So I looked for players that could be on the block that are young, ascending, play a vital position in this scheme, AND on a team that isn’t trying to go for it right now. 

i was left with 4 players 

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

Chase Young likely is not realistically on the trading block but they would prob take a ransom for him - I put him there cuz he’s a maybe.

I also wouldn’t see Waller on the trading block either cuz Raiders prob think they can still win although they likely won’t/cant. But who knows - they might clean house a little with new coach/GM 

Jefferson fit my criteria but I personally don’t see Vikes wanting to part with him - but possible. 

DK Metcalf is probably the most likely target that fits the criteria and also is on a team that is willing to part ways. 

I think JD wants to give Zach help right now - and this does that for him. It would also really allow JD to just go full throttle on Defense in the draft. 

Did any miss anyone who fit the criteria?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

JD himself and reports have indicated he is willing and searching for a way to help this team with an established player. 

Connor has been doing well this FA with his assessments and I tend to agree - JD could make a big move at some point soon or before the draft. 

So I looked for players that could be on the block that are young, ascending, play a vital position in this scheme, AND on a team that isn’t trying to go for it right now. 

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

Chase Young likely is not realistically on the trading block but they would prob take a ransom for him - I put him there cuz he’s a maybe.

I also wouldn’t see Waller on the trading block either cuz Raiders prob think they can still win although they likely won’t/cant. But who knows - they might clean house a little with new coach/GM 

Jefferson fit my criteria but I personally don’t see Vikes wanting to part with him - but possible. 

DK Metcalf is probably the most likely target that fits the criteria and also is on a team that is willing to part ways. 

I think JD wants to give Zach help right now - and this does that for him. It would also really allow JD to just go full throttle on Defense in the draft. 

Let's include whatever team Deshaun Watson ends up on  - they may need to unload a proven young player. New Orleans and Atlanta seem to be finalists for signing him.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LMAO why the f*ck would the Vikings trade Jefferson? 

Might as well put Jerrry Rice on your list. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Why would Minnesota trade Jefferson?

I said they likely wouldn’t want to part ways but he fit the criteria and MAY be extractable for right price. 

they got a new GM, new Coach, not competing for anything (arguably)

Again, they most likely would NOT want to part ways with him but they also may listen to offers which is really all you ask for 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Davante Adams Delco GIF by The Undroppables

I actually thought of Adams as well. Simply excluded the possibility because it could torpedo the Rogers situation with the Packers. But now that Rogers has signed a multiyear deal, why not? Devonte is going to be very expensive.

Would the Packers take Corey Davis and the number 10? They might.

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Let's include whatever team Deshaun Watson ends up on  - they may need to unload a proven young player. New Orleans and Atlanta seem to be finalists for signing him.

Prob Michael Thomas then but I don’t think JD would go for him personally. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

You would have to think it would be for either a WR or pass rusher. I would say the Jets still have a need at LB, S, and maybe CB... but WR and EDGE are the only two spots that we need a real upgrade at

My guess would be WR. I think the Jets want experienced guys around Zach Wilson in his second year. I don’t think they want to develop a WR as they are trying to develop Wilson.

I would be shocked if the Jets made a big move in free agency for an edge rusher. The top 15 of this draft is littered with prominent edge rushers, at least five or six that might go in the top 15. The Jets have two of those picks. We are getting one. After shelling out big money for Carl Lawson, extending JFM, still having Bryce Huff, just signing that rotational guy from the Texans today, etc. I don’t see a big deal in free agency or trade for a prominent Edge player. Really feels like the Draft will be where it happens.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I actually thought of Adams as well. Simply excluded the possibility because it could torpedo the Rogers situation with the Packers. But now that Rogers has signed a multiyear deal, why not? Devonte is going to be very expensive.

Would the Packers take Corey Davis and the number 10? They might.

Adams has told the Packers he will not play under the franchise tag. 

• Sympathy 1

Stop with this.

We’re not making any big time moves. Maybe a pass rusher comes in like Jones but any dreams of Adams are just ridiculous. It isn’t happening and he’s going to sign an extension.

I think we’ve made all the big moves we’re going to make. On to the draft.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

I'll amplify what you are saying that if GB cannot come to terms with DAdams then would they be willing to deal him?. He said he will not sign the FT so that means he doesn't get paid and they will not have him on the field since he would not play. If the Jets could then according to this article fit Adams as far as $, then maybe we trade a few pieces to GB like WR CDavis, and draft compensation(whatever that may be) and perhaps that is the big trade you speak of. It's an extreme longshot, but stranger things have happened. Heck Von Miller got a 6yr 120M contract from the Bills that no doubt is back end loaded for the money since he would be 40 by the time it ends, but they figured for the next few years he may make their D (as good as it is) not blow games like the playoff game in KC this year. 

31 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

I think this is just more Joe being joe and building the right way, keeping his options open, he doesn't have any BIG FA guy he brought in yet, he is still trying to build us to decent talent level and stabilize us with a good roster. But doing these smart shopping acquisitions and adding guys, he knows one might pop off or he might have an op come up. I am thinking not so much a big trade which i agree is possible - DK - but I think he is thinking Lawson but be his guy....anyway I simply think that he did do it deliberately to give him the option not necessarily for this year, but just any time and wants the ability to make a push on someone if needed. 

Smart GM, Smart roster building.  I actually do not want us to get DK , I rather we draft our own number 1 that start paying someone elses. Not saying it is a bad move, but I just think it might be better move if there think they can draft their own DK and those cheap years.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My guess would be WR. I think the Jets want experienced guys around Zach Wilson in his second year. I don’t think they want to develop a WR as they are trying to develop Wilson.

I would be shocked if the Jets made a big move in free agency for an edge rusher. The top 15 of this draft is littered with prominent edge rushers, at least five or six that might go in the top 15. The Jets have two of those picks. We are getting one. After shelling out big money for Carl Lawson, extending JFM, still having Bryce Huff, just signing that rotational guy from the Texans today, etc. I don’t see a big deal in free agency or trade for a prominent Edge player. Really feels like the Draft will be where it happens.

Agreed, we loaded up on TEs for more 2 TE sets, but in those formations with 1 RB on the field you want 2 very solid WRs out there, now maybe Moore is one of them, but we need another 1 that would be a true WR1.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Why would Minnesota trade Jefferson?

I always think this when people do fantasy trades...peopel offer like 3 guys that cant start for the number 1 back or WR in the league. And then wonder why you don't accept? In what world do they give us Jefferson for anything...idk just crazy. Then again why would SEA give up Metcalf, that is almost as unbelievable even though I totally have rationalized that outcome.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Stop with this.

We’re not making any big time moves. Maybe a pass rusher comes in like Jones but any dreams of Adams are just ridiculous. It isn’t happening and he’s going to sign an extension.

I think we’ve made all the big moves we’re going to make. On to the draft.

Under normal circumstances I would agree..But this off-season, everything Connor Hughes has said has pretty much happened...

He's been right every step of the way...Cimini and DJ have been throwing darts....

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I said they likely wouldn’t want to part ways but he fit the criteria and MAY be extractable for right price. 

they got a new GM, new Coach, not competing for anything (arguably)

Again, they most likely would NOT want to part ways with him but they also may listen to offers which is really all you ask for 

He's on a rookie deal. How does that fit 'big cap hit'? He's not extractable for any reasonable price either. He's extractable in the same way that @Tranquilo knows how to suck a dick without using his teeth.