PETA Vs. NFL

JTJet

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's the end times.

https://thespun.com/nfl/peta-wants-the-nfl-to-change-one-of-its-tackle-names

“Words matter, and the term ‘horse-collar tackle’ trivializes an old-style contraption that exploits horses for labor,” writes PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “You could score a touchdown for horses by instead converting it to the ‘Goodell Grab’ or ‘back-collar tackle,’ as neither of these terms normalizes animal abuse.”

The animal rights organization called on NFL Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay to make the change at the upcoming annual league meeting.

As with any change of any size, PETA faces an uphill battle in this initiative.

Useless people need to complain about things, as doing so makes them feel useful. The NFL should play their game and say they're "raising awareness".

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think PETA is trolling for ❄️

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

PETA stopped being a serious organization at some point in the 90's. I think they just capitalize on cheap publicity now.

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Doubt they are actually upset. Bringing something like this up just generates a ton of free publicity for them. If it gets changed, great, if not then free marketing.

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

As Drew Carey said bad publicity is still publicity. In this case any publicity is better then no publicity. 

PETA is an awful organization and as an entity kills more animals than almost any other entity in the world. They do not spend their money on actual, tangible help such as supporting shelters, fostering and finding homes for animals. The majority of their budget is to sustain their own organization and publicity stunts. They trot out that oh, so wonderful argument that bring publicity to the problem is more helpful than ya, know, actually helping. 

It's a publicity organization that throws parties and gives bored socialites something the pretend they care about. 

So anytime PETA says anything, remember they literally kill animals then go around telling other people that saying the word horsecollar promote animal cruelty. Last I checked, killing something is pretty cruel. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

PETA is an awful organization and as an entity kills more animals than almost any other entity in the world. They do not spend their money on actual, tangible help such as supporting shelters, fostering and finding homes for animals. The majority of their budget is to sustain their own organization and publicity stunts. They trot out that oh, so wonderful argument that bring publicity to the problem is more helpful than ya, know, actually helping. 

It's a publicity organization that throws parties and gives bored socialites something the pretend they care about. 

So anytime PETA says anything, remember they literally kill animals then go around telling other people that saying the word horsecollar promote animal cruelty. Last I checked, killing something is pretty cruel. 

lol wut

im good, shrugging and laughing is about the extent of my effs given 

57 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

db29c248-41a0-4d6e-9f5f-195ce85f0eac_tex

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, JTJet said:

It's the end times.

“Words matter, and the term ‘horse-collar tackle’ trivializes an old-style contraption that exploits horses for labor,” writes PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “You could score a touchdown for horses by instead converting it to the ‘Goodell Grab’ or ‘back-collar tackle,’ as neither of these terms normalizes animal abuse.”

The animal rights organization called on NFL Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay to make the change at the upcoming annual league meeting.

When he was about 6, i took my son to see Ringling Bros Circus.  There were a bunch of PETA broads out infront of the arena, handing out flyers.  When one took a step toward my son, i pulled him close and said obnoxiously loud, "STAY AWAY FROM THE CRAZY LADY." Broad froze, i looked around.  All the other PETA ladies were standing still, not handing out any flyers, and all the nearby parents were looking at me and smiling.

Zero respect for anything those lunatics say.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Next thing you know PETA will be calling for animals to not be part of team names or logos because football is a violent game and that means animal violence

actually that might have already happened

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

They should learn to pick their battles. This does nothing towards protecting animals.

If they actually cared about the animals, wouldnt they be lobbying the NFL to not use leather balls?  Instead they picked something stupid to complain about, figuring if there is any change, they can chalk it up as a win.

All they care about is attention and fundraising.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

It's the end times.

I'm a big supporter of the good and ethical treatment of animals. 

I'm married to an ethical vegetarian, and I live a mostly vegetarian life myself.

I give money to help animals.

But PETA does not speak for me.  As often happens with a core good and descent idea, some people take it to a ridiculous extreme, and hurt their cause more than help their cause.

PETA is a prime example of that.

• Upvote 1

I completely support the ethical treatment of animals and I give a lot of money to animal rights orgs and volunteer at shelters and farms. I wish PETA would just go back to their old ways of spray painting fur coats as people walk down the street wearing them. Stuff like this is just silly and doesn’t move the needle. They’ve sadly become a pretty crappy organization under the guise of a hugely important issue facing our society. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

When he was about 6, i took my son to see Ringling Bros Circus.  There were a bunch of PETA broads out infront of the arena, handing out flyers.  When one took a step toward my son, i pulled him close and said obnoxiously loud, "STAY AWAY FROM THE CRAZY LADY." Broad froze, i looked around.  All the other PETA ladies were standing still, not handing out any flyers, and all the nearby parents were looking at me and smiling.

Zero respect for anything those lunatics say.

Broads.  
All massages are from sex workers and include happy endings and now women are broads.  

Cro Magnum man at work here 

• Post of the Week 1