Any chance we can transfer to NFC?

Don't care about other teams.  Not my problem/concern.  This team is still too far away to be worrying about other teams.  We need to figure our own crap out first.

That being said, if we can stay close in games against Denver, GB, Baltimore, etc. this year, then we're in business.  Regardless of the draft, JD has done a good enough job (took him long enough).  Now it's up to Saleh to get these players to play (WHERE'S MA RUN DEFENSE?!?!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just be thankful we don't play the AFC West this year.  We can look forward to that in 2023.

Yup.  The Raiders, who were an eyelash away from the postseason last year, just added Davante Adams and have a fairly loaded roster featuring Darren Waller, Maxx Crosby, Chandler Jones, etc.  Yet they're a fairly safe bet to finish 4th barring a major QB injury for one of the other 3 teams.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Seriously the AFC is so stacked this year it’s ridiculous. Like a path to the 7th seed be a challenge.

The Jets ? ? ? ! ! !

When the Jets won the NFL/AFL Championship Game now known as Superbowl 3 the NFL saw fit to move the Colts to the AFC for disgracing the honor of the old NFL.

The last straight-up move of a team between Conferences that wasn't related to League Expansion was the Seattle Seahawks from the AFC West to the NFC West. That took place 35 years ago.

22 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Fans on other forums are talking about the surging Jets and how a wildcard may be locked up already

No… they’re not. ????

Every time there’s a big transaction, I go to that team’s message board to see the reaction. I also search “Jets” while I’m there. Nobody thinks we’re a playoff team.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

No… they’re not. ????

Every time there’s a big transaction, I go to that team’s message board to see the reaction. I also search “Jets” while I’m there. Nobody thinks we’re a playoff team.

Nonsense, we are going to “sneak” up on them with our 6 Win 2022 record. 

• Haha 3

Move to the NFC ... still have to play AFC in Superbowl. ;-) 

Iron sharpens iron - you only become the best by playing against the best. Hoping for a weak schedule is ... weak.

It won't be long until things start to change naturally too. Look at the winners / losers article about the Adams trade, how KC are already starting to hit the cap to keep all their current talent, can't add much more, and have Tyreek Hill needing a new contract.

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-acquiring-davante-adams-from-packers-who-are-the-trade-s-biggest-winners

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

JD only knows drafting busts and signing FA's who get hurt easily.

Fight me.

Weren't you the guy the whining about JD not trading for Adams....only to learn that Adams demanded to be traded to the Raiders to play with his friend, former teammate and neighbor Derek Carr? 

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yup.  The Raiders, who were an eyelash away from the postseason last year, just added Davante Adams and have a fairly loaded roster featuring Darren Waller, Maxx Crosby, Chandler Jones, etc.  Yet they're a fairly safe bet to finish 4th barring a major QB injury for one of the other 3 teams.

The Raiders made the playoffs last year!

but yeah, that division is loaded 

It honestly doesn’t matter...

We’re not ready to be in the conversation with those teams yet anyways. And if JD/Saleh truly know what they’re doing and we end up in the convo in a few years.....things will have evened out by then. Injuries always happen. Underachievement always happens...

Lets worry about building our own program first and cross that bridge when(if) we ever get there...

AFC West games will be high drama this season tho so I’m looking forward to that...

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

That used to be AFC East for the longest time. Pats loaded with goat QB, and Jets, Bills n Dolphins loaded with high draft picks. 

Look at the NFC South now ... Tampa with Brady, and Carolina, Atlanta and NO looking at high draft picks and pretty much no QBs of their own.