I LOVE This Mock Draft

THE BARON

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-how-a-deshaun-watson-trade-could-impact-each-team-involved-jets-support-zach-wilson/

I LOVE this mock draft.  Can you guess why ???

"New York continues filling out its offensive line with the selection of Ekwonu. There is a lot of talk that the Jets are very interested in Ekwonu and that suggests they may already be done with Mekhi Becton, who has started 14 games total over the last two seasons"

I SURE AS HELL hope this is as accurate of a take as it should be.

I WANT Ekwonu.  He's going to be a perennial ProBowler.  He's got the measurables and PLENTY of the intangibles.  Already a leader and grown up.

Dream draft.  Ekwonu at 4, Sauce at 10

If the Panthers pass on Sauce, he may very well wind up with the Jets.  

If they manage that, combined with the FA that JD just had, even *I* would be excited again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Sauce won’t last until 10.

I'm note sure of that.  The only team I see in line for Sauce above pick ten is the Panthers.  They may yet resign their CB or perhaps be convinced that they would be better off with the more athletically gifted Stingley.  

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm note sure of that.  The only team I see in line for Sauce above pick ten is the Panthers.  They may yet resign their CB or perhaps be convinced that they would be better off with the more athletically gifted Stingley.  

Giants and Seahawks need CB play

• Upvote 1

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Giants and Seahawks need CB play

They also have other needs and their are much more highly rated players on the board for them.

Considering the landscape, I see the Panthers as the only team in the marker for Sauce before the Jets are up at 10

Lets hope the Panthers offer CB Gilmore the money he wants.  News is now, Raider are going to break the bank to get him.

There is also a chance that the Panthers make a trade or move of that spot.

I want Ekwonu and I want Sauce.

I want both

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not every team drafts for need. Some draft for excellence. He’s gone by 10.

Just now, LockeJET said:

Fant is on the last year of his deal. And Becton who the F knows with him. So taking a tackle at 4 is definitely in play. 

Fant can get extended and becton has 2-3 years left on his deal 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Fant is on the last year of his deal. And Becton who the F knows with him. So taking a tackle at 4 is definitely in play. 

Agree 100%. Can't trust big Becton to stay healthy and Fant is good (and should be extended).  But Fant can't be considered a "difference maker" or "dominant LT". Can definitely upgrade.

Not solidifying our Tackles could be disasterous for the Jets (especially for our QB).

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Its 1 year too early to give up on Becton. If he misses a large portion of next season, I think that's the time you start to worry. 

I disagree. Becton's been injury prone for 2 years now.

The time to worry was 2 years ago when we drafted a 370 pound Tackle.

Got to look at his eventual replacement (or at the very least some quality depth).

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It really would suck if we have to invest another premium pick at #4 in another tackle. Especially when JD found a quality player in FA like Fant. This position shouldn't be an issue for us. Not good. 

it would suck far worse if they dont.  LT second most important position on the team, and the jets should have a good one.  becton is not going to work out

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agree 100%. Can't trust big Becton to stay healthy and Fant is good (and should be extended).  But Fant can't be considered a "difference maker" or "dominant LT". Can definitely upgrade.

Not solidifying our Tackles could be disasterous for the Jets (especially for our QB).

Soooooooo glad to see others understand this.  

41 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Whose making plays on this team besides elijah moore?

If they go into the season thinking Becton is their LT, the ones making the big plays will be the DE's and LB's of the opposing defense. 

A good offensive line makes an average set of skill position players on the offense work well.

An offense with elite skill players and a poor offensive line is going to struggle. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Its 1 year too early to give up on Becton. If he misses a large portion of next season, I think that's the time you start to worry. While he has had some growing pains when he hass been on the field, overall, it looks like this kid should be able to play in this league. We just need to hope that this injury bug, for whatever reason it is, is something that can be put behind him. With tomilson being signed, I'd be disipointed if we went OL at 4 or 10. If they want another prospect on the OL, i'd rather see the team use one of the seconds. Edge, WR, or CB should really be the positions in play with picks 4 and 10.

Yes but that would also be the argument for taking Ekwonu. Says Jets take Ekwonu. Let Fant, Becton, and Ekwonu battle it out. Fant on last year, so if Becton does well you can look at Fant maybe as a mid year trade or just keep him as depth. If Becton still has issues maybe you extend Fant and trade Becton. If we don't take OT and Becton busts we have nothing at tackle. Ekwonu at 4 if he is there makes a ton of sense. Most Jets fans will hate it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I want Sauce he’s the guy for me. I just think he’s the purest, best shot and a good fit for us.

JD needs to be clear whether he still likes Becton (for me, we aren’t near playoff contention, so we have nothing to lose backing him, and bringing in a steady backup).

Then, I go at 10 for a stud WR. We need weapons, we’ve got TE, we need more to support us offensively. Weirdly, I actually trust Joe to get this right.

• Upvote 1