I LOVE This Mock Draft

9 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If one of the top OTs are there at 4 we should sell it that we will take him. But try to work the phones with teams a few slots below us to maybe get another high pick and still be able to use the traded down pick on day Sauce then a WR at 10.

Figures the year were in position to actually trade down, we have one of the worst QB classes in recent memory. No chase young’s, no Julio jones type players. Anything can happen but this just doesn’t look like the year there where a team will pay a big price to get into the top 5.

42 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I would honestly be shocked if the Jets have written off Becton following a freak injury. This entire argument is based on that speculation. Could the Jets pick up another tackle later in the draft for depth? Sure. But their needs at Edge and WR alone would make picking a tackle in the first round a luxury pick when they haven't put food on the table.

That’s the question we won’t know until after the draft. If they take a tackle at 4 then Becton won’t be on the roster.  It’s possible they’ve already prepared for that.

23 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Our weapons are mediocre at best but let's keep drafting oline.

You realize we have another first plus two seconds?   We could end up with any combination of , Drake London, Chris Alave, Trey Burks, George Pickens. Christian Watson, Alec Pierce etc.  JD will address wide receiver in this draft. You can count on it.  

23 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-how-a-deshaun-watson-trade-could-impact-each-team-involved-jets-support-zach-wilson/

I LOVE this mock draft.  Can you guess why ???

"New York continues filling out its offensive line with the selection of Ekwonu. There is a lot of talk that the Jets are very interested in Ekwonu and that suggests they may already be done with Mekhi Becton, who has started 14 games total over the last two seasons"

I SURE AS HELL hope this is as accurate of a take as it should be.

I WANT Ekwonu.  He's going to be a perennial ProBowler.  He's got the measurables and PLENTY of the intangibles.  Already a leader and grown up.

Dream draft.  Ekwonu at 4, Sauce at 10

If the Panthers pass on Sauce, he may very well wind up with the Jets.  

If they manage that, combined with the FA that JD just had, even *I* would be excited again. 

I am not giving up on Becton after just two seasons.  Unless all of the premium rushers are gone, I am not taking OL at 4.   If anything I would try and trade down if possible.  

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I am not giving up on Becton after just two seasons.  Unless all of the premium rushers are gone, I am not taking OL at 4.   If anything I would try and trade down if possible.  

I dig.  And you may very well have the right idea.  I will own up to it if Becton works out the way we hoped, but I dont see that happening. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

You realize we have another first plus two seconds?   We could end up with any combination of , Drake London, Chris Alave, Trey Burks, George Pickens. Christian Watson, Alec Pierce etc.  JD will address wide receiver in this draft. You can count on it.  

I doubt we draft 2 wrs round 1 and 2 but have to draft 1.

• Upvote 1

If one of the top OTs are there at 4 we should sell it that we will take him. But try to work the phones with teams a few slots below us to maybe get another high pick and still be able to use the traded down pick on day Sauce then a WR at 10.
If he falls to 4 then he's a prime trade up candidate for another team. He won't get past NYG at 5, so if someone wants him it's trade with us or miss out.

Lots of teams need OL help.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, Ghost420 said:

I doubt we draft 2 wrs round 1 and 2 but have to draft 1.

You may be right but depends on who's on the board at 35 or 38.  If either Williams, Pickens or Watson is there at 35, I'm taking him no matter what we do at 10.