Watson willing to waive no trade clause for the Browns

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Looking at that contract I’m with you. That’s disgusting.

I’d love it if Goodall showed some balls and suspended him indefinitely now.

Unfortunately, Goodell had his balls surgically replaced with a sack of money.

33 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This is honestly kinda disgusting.

It's like hey don't worry if you're suspended because of those times you took advantage of women, we'll just take less money this year, so you're covered Deshaun. 

I hope this fails massively. 

I hope they lose him for the season

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You take a look at the AFC right now, and it’s like why do we even care what the Jets do in the draft and FA the next 2-3 years?

Unless Wilson pulls off one of the greatest turnarounds in history, realistically what are we even playing for?
2nd or 3rd in the East?

Three types of owners 

hyper competitive, win at any cost 

competitive, but has spending limits 

happy to have an NFL team, winning would be a nice bonus to the bottom line 

thankfully I’m not 25 years old lol  I took it so seriously back then  

i honestly enjoy golf more now  

• Sympathy 3

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Unfortunately, Goodell had his balls surgically replaced with a sack of money.

Hopefully the sponsors begin to exert pressure on Goodell to take action beyond a slap on the wrist.  If enabling this type of stuff begins to impact revenue, that is when Roger will take significant action.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

We are not going to win 41-38 shootouts against these elite QBs.  At this point, we need to do everything we can to make these opposing QBs miserable.  We need a stud DT to pair with QW to generate interior pressure and two edge rushers who can win one on one and get after these QBs. 

Depending what else we might do between now and the draft, I would be okay if our first four picks are a double dip at edge, plus a DT and WR.

Maya Rudolph Prince GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Jermaine Johnson, Jordan Davis, Boye Mafe…. Make it happen JD!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I try to avoid the Kapernick thing but the fact that Watson gets this treatment and Kap can’t get a try out.

Mannnnnnn

Yep. It's because Kap isn't really a good QB, but Watson is. At the end of the day, that's all the league really cares about.

With that said, I'd 100% welcome a Kap signing to the Jets.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What was the timing of Zeke being legally cleared and the NFL suspending him? I don't remember.

Was wrong, he got 6 games. I think Watson should miss at least the year. His ordeal was a little wacky. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

Screenshot_20220318-174934_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Joe Burrow, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackaon in the AFC.

Not sure we’ll make the playoffs in the next 20 years…

Well at least there’s only one Justin Herbert. Tanks god. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Hopefully the sponsors begin to exert pressure on Goodell to take action beyond a slap on the wrist.  If enabling this type of stuff begins to impact revenue, that is when Roger will take significant action.

Yeah, we can only hope.

I don't have that much faith in society these days, though. I'm already prepared for this whole thing to get swept under the rug and Watson to be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, alongside Big Ben.

We are a terrible species.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

We are not going to win 41-38 shootouts against these elite QBs.  At this point, we need to do everything we can to make these opposing QBs miserable.  We need a stud DT to pair with QW to generate interior pressure and two edge rushers who can win one on one and get after these QBs. 

Depending what else we might do between now and the draft, I would be okay if our first four picks are a double dip at edge, plus a DT and WR.

My draft...

1923066087_mock0318_5a.PNG.87c14f1a64bd33cc476f66a480b718b2.PNG671757606_mock0318_3b.PNG.17a1e5efaa9a84d2047617d26fb8a2cf.PNG987636231_mock0318_3a.PNG.2289b92c2cae9d96e405b39d98774e21.PNG822026866_mock0318_2b.PNG.28117a3d8b124d34492f9d57320fe6d4.PNG1336550902_mock0318_2a.PNG.8aa7d2ba64c14210ea86e815bfaeca4c.PNG315490118_mock0318_5b.PNG.bd10f4afcc20d108a97478a22f8d60c0.PNG 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Was wrong, he got 6 games. I think Watson should miss at least the year. His ordeal was a little wacky. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

Screenshot_20220318-174934_Chrome.jpg

I meant what was the timing of Zeke being legally cleared and the league suspending him. I don't think there was ever a grand jury in the Zeke case so it's different in that way. Watson has basically been legally cleared. I could be wrong, just thinking out loud.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I hope for a one year suspension

Yeah, you'd think a multiple-accused sexual assaulter would get at least as much as a player who made a few bets on his team to win, while he was away from his team, and had absolutely no influence on his team's performance.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. It's because Kap isn't really a good QB, but Watson is. At the end of the day, that's all the league really cares about.

With that said, I'd 100% welcome a Kap signing to the Jets.

I think he's referring to Kap never getting another shot, he wasn't a good QB but his upside was way higher than others who got an opportunity, teams just didn't want the headache.

You are definitely right on Watson though, teams don't care if you are really good. I hope the league drops the hammer or they lose a ton of sponsors.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I meant what was the timing of Zeke being legally cleared and the league suspending him. I don't think there was ever a grand jury in the Zeke case so it's different in that way. Watson has basically been legally cleared. I could be wrong, just thinking out loud.

Police report was filed but never charged. I could see them waiting for the Civil suits. Will be interesting to see what happens

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think he's referring to Kap never getting another shot, he wasn't a good QB but his upside was way higher than others who got an opportunity, teams just didn't want the headache.

You are definitely right on Watson though, teams don't care if you are really good. I hope the league drops the hammer or they lose a ton of sponsors.

Yeah, I think if Kap was as talented as Watson, he'd 100% still be in the league, but he's not so they don't want to deal with the backlash. Doesn't matter that each QB's "offense" aren't even in the same stratosphere. But I agree that Kap's talent is certainly above many QB's who are still in the league.

It's not right, but that's the league showing its true colors.

Personally, I'm close to walking away from the entire league.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

I said it earlier today before the Watson trade…I’m getting more and more on board with something like Thibodeaux at #4 and Jordan Davis at #10.

A starting DL of Lawson, Davis, Quinnen and Thibs with guys like JFM, Martin, Rankins and Huff rotating in is just the kind of elixir we need to combat a slew of upper echelon QB’s every year.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

How is Cleveland on cap space? They just gave Watson 230M guaranteed and are paying Cooper 20M this season all added in the last week

Ironically, Watson's cap hit this year is around $10M and they save $18M by moving Baker.  So they are actually helping their cap....this year.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Perusing some Browns boards, a fair number are renouncing their fandom until he is off the team. Some very moral Midwest people are just not onboard with his character. 

wonder how many of those fans own kareem hunt jerseys...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Ironically, Watson's cap hit this year is around $10M and they save $18M by moving Baker.  So they are actually helping their cap....this year.

The extra cap will come in handy for signing a guy to play while DW is suspended. :-) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It's like hey don't worry if you're suspended because of those times you took advantage of women, we'll just take less money this year, so you're covered Deshaun. 

Here's what I hope. That there is a particularly vindictive victim out there that has a recording and it accidentally gets leaked and he gets suspended for life. To cater and bend over for this POS is repulsive.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hopefully the lawsuit drags on and they hold off on suspending him until next year. 

LOL at them spinning it that they want an adult and they get this predator.

Baker has been treated badly here but a lot of it is his own making. He honestly should have sat out more games last year, he’s been punished for playing through the pain. I hope he goes to Indy and does well.

I hope this blows up in Cleveland’s faces and that he completely flops but it’s unlikely. At the end of the day Watson is one of the best and will make them compete. 

It’s hilarious to see the carnage he’s caused though. Matt Ryan has probably been alienated beyond repair with Atlanta for their shameless pursuit. 

• Upvote 2