Watson willing to waive no trade clause for the Browns

Maxman

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

In case folks don't know:  The "NFL" is a group of (mostly) wealthy white men who can do pretty much what they want to do.

Swap in basically any group, organization, institution, etc, and this statement is still true.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The main point is Watson sexually assaulted women. Kap did nothing. 

It’s alarming. NFL and Owners continue to sweep these things under the rug. Just win me football games dang nammit!

Oh, I don't disagree....

I mean Kaep pissed off a lot of people (not judging him at all - just stating the fact) and that type of headache isn't worth it for a back-up.

Watson seems to be a pretty disturbed dude.  I, for one, would be done with the team if he was playing on it. 

Bottom line though - The NFL and Browns have simply decided his upside outweighs his downside.  His problems are worth the headache.  

36 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hopefully the sponsors begin to exert pressure on Goodell to take action beyond a slap on the wrist.  If enabling this type of stuff begins to impact revenue, that is when Roger will take significant action.

the sponsors wont do anything cause we wont stop watching. 

who is going to stop watching? some Cleveland fans? those guys might talk a good game but how many fans who have sit through 30-40 years of losing then will stop watching their team win 10-12 games a year and almost always in the SB. 

i dont believe they will

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

the sponsors wont do anything cause we wont stop watching. 

who is going to stop watching? some Cleveland fans? those guys might talk a good game but how many fans who have sit through 30-40 years of losing then will stop watching their team win 10-12 games a year and almost always in the SB. 

i dont believe they will

Women make up a huge part of the NFL audience.  There will absolutely be advertising impacts 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I try to avoid the Kapernick thing but the fact that Watson gets this treatment and Kap can’t get a try out.

Mannnnnnn

Did nothing?  Depends on who you ask...this is a good thread so I'll just skip my thoughts here to avoid having this thread locked up.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Amazing that this clown gets a raise after all the issues he created last year and with a

pending suspension hanging over his head.  It must be nice

No consequences for the elite.  Society heading the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You take a look at the AFC right now, and it’s like why do we even care what the Jets do in the draft and FA the next 2-3 years?

Unless Wilson pulls off one of the greatest turnarounds in history, realistically what are we even playing for?
2nd or 3rd in the East?

Show me some fight brother! If we're gonna do battle here you gotta believe! ;) 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Listening to NFL network right now…DeShaun Watson is 0-3 in games played when the temp is 40° or lower. Lost versus Cleveland in a 2020 game 10 to 7.

Dome/outdoor splits is like 50yds per game difference.  He played a minimum of 9 games in domes each year.  Add in handing off to Chubb & Johnson most of the time and he is gonna have a big fall off in stats.  

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This is honestly kinda disgusting.

It's like hey don't worry if you're suspended because of those times you took advantage of women, we'll just take less money this year, so you're covered Deshaun. 

I hope this fails massively. 

Brady pulled a similar move during Deflategate.

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m no historian, but I don’t feel like “elites not facing consequences” is a new thing

It definitely doesn’t help when there are people defending Watson with ridiculous theories (Texans set him up, the “elites” don’t want a rich and powerful black QB, the 22 woman with corroborating stories, who have never met one another, are looking for a payday, etc.).

Call me old fashioned, but I think it’s better to continue calling out people, the broken justice system, and society in general, for being absolute failures when it comes to holding ANYONE accountable, let alone the rich and powerful, who get away with a lot more heinous garbage.

All throughout this series of events, I’ve read things along the lines of “there’s no evidence that says he DEFINITELY did it, therefore he didn’t”.  Guess what?  The same sh*t applies to OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, etc., I could keep going.  I don’t know about you, but I’m not letting Casey Anthony babysit my kids, so EVERYONE defending Watson better keep that same energy if he asks them to give him a massage or if George Zimmerman asks to join their Neighborhood Watch.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It definitely doesn’t help when there are people defending Watson with ridiculous theory’s (Texans set him up, the “elites” don’t want a rich and powerful black QB, the 22 woman with corroborating stories, who have never met one another, are looking for a payday, etc.).

Call me old fashioned, but I think it’s better to continue calling out people, the broken justice system, and society in general, for being absolute failures when it comes to holding ANYONE accountable, let alone the rich and powerful, who get away with a lot more heinous garbage.

All I’ve read regarding this is “there’s no evidence that says he DEFINITELY did it”.  Guess what?  The same sh*t applies to OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, etc., I could keep going.  I don’t know about you, but I’m not letting Casey Anthony babysit my kids, so you better keep that same energy if Watson asks you to give him a massage.

I love you

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It definitely doesn’t help when there are people defending Watson with ridiculous theory’s (Texans set him up, the “elites” don’t want a rich and powerful black QB, the 22 woman with corroborating stories, who have never met one another, are looking for a payday, etc.).

All I’ve read regarding this is “there’s no evidence that says he DEFINITELY did it”.  Guess what?  The same sh*t applies to OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, etc., I could keep going.  I don’t know about you, but I’m not letting Casey Anthony babysit my kids, so you better keep that same energy if Watson asks you to give him a massage or if George Zimmerman asks to join your Neighborhood Watch.

Why are you yelling at me about this

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Zeke got 4 games and wasn't convicted. I think people are expecting something similar but it may have to wait til the Civil suits are settled

And Big Ben got suspended too.

problem is, there is 20+ women involved in this civil suit.  That has to count for something, no?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because it sucks man.  It f*cking sucks that you have people like Josina Anderson, Schefter, Ryan Clark, the NFL media lapdogs, etc. celebrating this story and talking about how “Wild”, “Exciting”, and “Crazy” this trade and contract is.  The vast majority of reporting or reaction to this has been about Watson's talent, payday, the Browns, how it changes things in the AFC, where is Baker going, and sh*t along those lines.  I saw ONE little blurb from the NFL investigation team saying “oh yes, we’re still investigating Mr. Watson”, and I had to find it through the NFL PR Twitter account that no one gives a sh*t about.  NO ONE seems to really give one iota of a f*ck about the 22 people woman who, more likely than not, had their lives ruined by this animalistic piece of sh*t predator, because he throws a football really well, and it f*cking sucks.

Fwiw, we should at least say that, even though it doesn't look good, Deshaun is innocent until proven guilty.  Everyone deserves at least that much.  I'm not trying to defend him, btw, but we have seen false accusations in the past.  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, we should at least say that, even though it doesn't look good, Deshaun is innocent until proven guilty.  Everyone deserves at least that much.  I'm not trying to defend him, btw, but we have seen false accusations in the past.  

If I didn’t see the justice system fail time after time, especially for sexual assault and rape victims, I’d grant him that privilege.

22 women who share similar experiences, across the country, who don’t know one another?  Nah.  I’m not going to be caught dead defending him in any way, shape, or form.  Especially not after the Brock Turner case.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I mean if this case has shown anything is that it pays to be rich regardless of skin colour.

If he was poor he wouldnt have been ae to fly in broads he creeped on Instagram, and would have just gone to local rub & tugs for $60 door fee + $120 tip. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If I didn’t see the justice system fail time after time, especially for sexual assault and rape victims, I’d grant him that privilege.

22 women who share similar experiences, across the country, who don’t know one another?  Nah.  I’m not going to be caught dead defending him in any way, shape, or form.  Especially not after the Brock Turner case.

We’re numb to scandal and they understand this.   Look at the Brady and Big Ben the way they were treated last year

You would think they were combat medics the way they are treated. 

Michael Vick does TV now

What about the dolphins owner trying to lose?   Oh yeah, forgot about that. 

• Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

We’re numb to scandal and they understand this.   Look at the Brady and Big Ben the way they were treated last year

You would think they were combat medics the way they are treated. 

Michael Vick does TV now

What about the dolphins owner trying to lose?   Oh yeah, forgot about that. 

Yup.  The God’s honest truth is that we, as a society, only have ourselves to blame here.  It’s our job to remind these people that without fans to watch, they are nothing and no one.  We don’t do anything to hold them accountable though.  Cleveland fans will still attend games.  These woman will be dejected, regardless of how the civil suits go, Watson will, likely, get 4-6 games, Cleveland will sell-out every game, ratings will be up in an important NFL market, and life will just go on.  It’s disgustingly depressing.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because it sucks man.  It f*cking sucks that you have people like Josina Anderson, Schefter, Ryan Clark, the NFL media lapdogs, fans of the NFL, etc. celebrating this story, talking about how “Wild”, “Exciting”, or “Crazy” this trade and contract is.  The vast majority of reporting or reaction to this has been about Watson's talent, payday, the Browns, how it changes things in the AFC, “Where is Baker going now?”, and sh*t along those lines.  I saw ONE little blurb from the NFL investigation team saying “Oh yes, by the way, we’re still investigating Mr. Watson”, and I had to find it through the NFL PR Twitter account that no one gives a sh*t about.  NO ONE seems to really give one iota of a f*ck about the 22 people woman who, more likely than not, had their lives ruined by this animalistic, piece of sh*t predator, because he throws a football really well, and it f*cking sucks.  But hey, those of that ilk will gladly turn around at every other opportunity to lecture me about which injustices I should, apparently, care about.  They’re just very selective in what events are worth being upset about because of certain optics and underlying personal benefits.

The fact that no one "in the know" is harping on the 22 accusations and speculating about the length of the suspension coming down the pike should tell you how little credibility the accusations have.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1