How are we winning

Trubisky, Fields, Lawrence, Goff and Lock are all genuine trash. We should be no more worried about them than they will be about Wilson.

Tua and Jones are better but hardly too intimidating. Easily beatable if the team plays well.

We managed to beat Joe Burrow last year so there’ll be some chances for an upset. It does show how out of his depth Wilson was last year and the level of improvement that’s required if he’s to last in this league.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Im not afraid of Fields/Lawrence/Locke/Trubisky/Tua*2.   But yea we are going to be at a significant qb skill deficit for the immense majority of the season.

We are assuming Wilson will not be playing as well as the better QBs. He may. Last 5 games he played tops in the league with JV players on both sides of the ball. Now he will have better players on both sides of the ball i. e one of the best TE tandems in the league a more experienced secondary, etc. And we will certainly improve with 9 picks in the draft many of which are very high.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Team archer said:

This is the problem when fans solely look at QB’s.  At the end of the day it’s a team game.  Now the teams that build a frat team around their QB are very tough to beat I agree.  But some of those teams have a lot of holes so there is no reason why we can’t win.  We also did beat Cincinnati with basically a third string QB

2 hours ago, Hael said:

Im not afraid of Fields/Lawrence/Locke/Trubisky/Tua*2.   But yea we are going to be at a significant qb skill deficit for the immense majority of the season.

You can add Jones x2 to that list as well... Last year their team was much better, this year I'm not so sure, and he can't throw it past 15 yards.

Sorry didn't see Jones on that list.

9 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You can add Jones x2 to that list as well... Last year their team was much better, this year I'm not so sure, and he can't throw it past 15 yards.

Sorry didn't see Jones on that list.

He dropped 50 on us the last time we played, and he had one of the better rookie qb seasons of the past decade.  So unless we are playing him in the snow, yea he worries me. 

Tua, while less good, actually might be a problem for a similar reason.  Saleh's system has a weakness against the slow methodical, short yardage qbs.  I'd rather play against Lawrence, who has a cannon for an arm and far greater upside.

3 hours ago, Team archer said:

It is not the qbs that are the problem but the fact most of the teams are far superior than ours. Wilson best make big strides this year or joe is going to be on the ropes . I hope Joe nails the draft 

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Hael said:

He dropped 50 on us the last time we played, and he had one of the better rookie qb seasons of the past decade.  So unless we are playing him in the snow, yea he worries me. 

Tua, while less good, actually might be a problem for a similar reason.  Saleh's system has a weakness against the slow methodical, short yardage qbs.  I'd rather play against Lawrence, who has a cannon for an arm and far greater upside.

Seriously, no need to worry. He didn't drop 50 on us, our D let that happen. We had a team of all rookies basically, and NE had a team of the highest FA acquisitions when Brady left. I get Jones played well that game, however I don't see it as all Jones.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You're going to hear this alot this offseason:

"It all depends on Wilson and if he makes major improvement".

If he does, all those teams are beatable.

If he does not, they're likely not, no matter how many Defensive players we draft.

Simple as that really.  If Wilson becomes one of those big names, we're good.  If he doesn't, we're talking draft picks by Week 10 if not sooner.

This season is again about improving from 4 wins. 2023 is the year.  We have made major strides between 2021 class and this FA period. They should all be hitting in 2023.  We have to nail this draft. And just worry about ourselves.

we used up all of Mac’s drafts capital by trading anyone decent on the roster. We won’t have another draft like this with all these extra high picks.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Team archer said:

This is kind of a meaningless list. You always have to face great QBs. You're always going to have face great teams. Nobody is expecting the Jets to win 14 games. And the NFL is unpredictable. Guys have off seasons, guys have breakout seasons, guys get hurt (a lot), TEAMS get hurt (a lot), rookies disappoint, rookies surprise. 

The Jets were really bad and really banged up last year. And a lot of it had to do with playing with a new coach, rookie QB, new system, young roster. I mean, I hate to sound like a broken record but its true. They're going to be much better. 

Facing Allex x2, Jackson, Russ, Rodgers and Burrow will be particularly difficult. But I'm not looking at Mac Jones and shaking in my boots if I'm the Jets. They were never able to get adequate pressure on him or stop the Pats run last year. They made it so easy for him. As far as Watson- lets see what he looks like this year. He might look like trash. Especially early on. Names like Cousins, Trubsiky, Fields, Lawrence, Locke, Goff, Tua are not names you put on the chalkboard, circle and underline.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

This season is again about improving from 4 wins. 2023 is the year.  We have made major strides between 2021 class and this FA period. They should all be hitting in 2023.  We have to nail this draft. And just worry about ourselves.

we used up all of Mac’s drafts capital by trading anyone decent on the roster. We won’t have another draft like this with all these extra high picks.

This should be stickied and a mandatory read for everyone on the board.

• Sympathy 1

Tenn. won the conference w/ Ryan Tannehill.  The Jets and Wilson are not good enough to do that but the idea is progress with somewhat of a similar method of winning in mind.  Win in the trenches, run the ball effectively, make it easy on the QB w/ heavy play action, etc.  Saleh doubled the win total last year, do it again this year and this is trending well.  As long as Wilson is legit, this team will be good enough by 2023 to compete week to week with anyone. 

• Upvote 2