Jump to content

Watson to Browns


OilfieldJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mayfield might get them an early 2, maybe a a late1?  So they get some of it back.  However, that's a tremendous amount of draft capital for a guy who might instantly lose the locker room.  And are we really sure he is that 'elite'?  He has been elite at times, but there have also been moments which make you pause.  I don't know.

The Texans meanwhile are going to be turbo boosted into a warp speed rebuild.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Hael said:

Mayfield might get them an early 2, maybe a a late1?  So they get some of it back.  However, that's a tremendous amount of draft capital for a guy who might instantly lose the locker room.  And are we really sure he is that 'elite'?  He has been elite at times, but there have also been moments which make you pause.  I don't know.

The Texans meanwhile are going to be turbo boosted into a warp speed rebuild.

Wait, Baker wasn't  part of this deal

 

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Hey! The Mets won the World (even through it’s not played world wide) Series 

If you are referring to 1969...

Let not forget they had some great young players.

They also had some fantastic coaches who had been there before.

Trivia question for Met fans - where did the Mets colors come from?

Answer:  The Dodgers and the Giants

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

Thats right, but he will be traded somewhere soon regardless.  He is all but gone in Cleveland.

No, he is gone from Cleveland.  I am sure they gave his agent permission  to make a trade. He is a dead man walking right now. The fact that the Texans rather go with Davis Mills than Baker Mayfield is damning. There is no way he gets anything close to a 2nd let alone a 1st in trade. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

HOLY sh*t WE JUST TRADED FOR BRETT FAVRE

Ugh.  I was gifted Favre and Sanchez jerseys in the past.  They just sit in the closet.  I will probably bequeath them to my son on the condition he burns them if the Jets ever win another Super Bowl.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

For 3 first rounders in 2022, 2023, 2024 and a 2022 third and 2024 fourth. $184 million guaranteed.

Watson was traded?

To the Browns?

No way, they have a QB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watson was traded?
To the Browns?
No way, they have a QB
And that is about the only position they will be competative at in 2 years. And the rinse and repeat 4-12 Watson seasons will once more rule the day.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2022 at 9:46 AM, Dunnie said:

And that is about the only position they will be competative at in 2 years. And the rinse and repeat 4-12 Watson seasons will once more rule the day.


 

Watson has said he hates playing in windy and cold weather.  He doesnt have the strongest of arms.  Hes not in the friendly confines of a domed stadium like in Houston & Indy or the friendly warmth of Jax.  Throw in the relative warm weather in Tenn.  A completely different division than he’s used to 

Should be interesting in the cold & windy Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincy and Pitts environments.  And the vastly different strength of Schedule of his division.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Watson has said he hates playing in windy and cold weather.  He doesnt have the strongest of arms.  Hes not in the friendly confines of a domed stadium like in Houston & Indy or the friendly warmth of Jax.  Throw in the relative warm weather in Tenn.

Should be interesting in the cold & windy Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincy and Pitts environments.  And the vastly different strength of Schedule of his division.

Said Joe Douglas...his excuse for not going after Watson last year.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No, he is gone from Cleveland.  I am sure they gave his agent permission  to make a trade. He is a dead man walking right now. The fact that the Texans rather go with Davis Mills than Baker Mayfield is damning. There is no way he gets anything close to a 2nd let alone a 1st in trade. 

We got a 2nd for Darnold, and Mayfield is a significantly better qb than that (although 1 year less on the contract).  His cap hit isn't insane either, its basically 1 year - 18 mil and I suspect if a team (like Indy) wants him, they'd require a long term deal be in place and they have all the leverage.

If they secure that, I have no doubt that cleveland will get some value back.   Starting qbs in the NFL are big assets.  We have seen backups go for 2nd round picks before in trades.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Hael said:

We got a 2nd for Darnold, and Mayfield is a significantly better qb than that (although 1 year less on the contract).  His cap hit isn't insane either, its basically 1 year - 18 mil and I suspect if a team (like Indy) wants him, they'd require a long term deal be in place and they have all the leverage.

If they secure that, I have no doubt that cleveland will get some value back.   Starting qbs in the NFL are big assets.  We have seen backups go for 2nd round picks before in trades.

SIGNIFANTLY BETTER THAN DARNOLD!!!!

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

 

Ah, the irony.

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

 

Ah, the irony.

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

 

Ah, the irony.

Put it this way, the Texans rather have Davis Mills at QB than Baker. Baker should have at the least been a throw in on that deal. Mills averaged about 200 yards a game but a SIGNIFICANTLY better QB than Darnold is not even considered. I mean do you think Baker was responsible for that teams success? They started winning when they took tha ball out of his hands and became a run first team. They didn't  want him throwing a lot because it would lead to picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Put it this way, the Texans rather have Davis Mills at QB than Baker. Baker should have at the least been a throw in on that deal. Mills averaged about 200 yards a game but a SIGNIFICANTLY better QB than Darnold is not even considered. I mean do you think Baker was responsible for that teams success? They started winning when they took tha ball out of his hands and became a run first team. They didn't  want him throwing a lot because it would lead to picks. 

You know when they started winning? The night Mayfield came off the bench to play his first game. Against the Jets and Darnold, sitting at 0-2, down 14-0 and winless in 29 straight games.

Good players run from Stefanski’s offense as fast as they can. See Diggs and others in Minnesota. On the Browns, in just a few months, it’s been OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Hooper and now Mayfield.
You could start a Dream Team with the players who “aren’t a fit in his offense.”

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@More Cowbell and @Beerfish It’s hysterically funny that I’m debating the same Darnold fan boys Villain and I did four years ago all over again vis a vis Sam and Baker.

Here’s the thing. It’s over. Villain and I won. Darnold was a complete bust. We knew it back then, a lot of you thought you knew better. You didn’t.

Every once in a while, when I need a good laugh, I go back to @philc’s Mayfield Sucks thread. It’s one of my all time favorites.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A year or so ago, certain Jets fans were suggesting that the Jets were a bigger fiasco of an organization than the Browns. Maybe they were, but henceforth they are not. 

This will be an epic train wreck along the proportions of the Vikings trade for Herschell Walker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seem to be one of the few people on earth who actually quite likes Baker. I liked him before the draft and despite his annoying commercials I respect the guy for playing injured last season even though it was pretty obvious it was hurting his rep. 

I hate the Browns FO for the way they've handled this entire situation so wherever Baker ends up I hope he plays great and screws the Browns every time he plays them

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...