Which 2 receivers would you add before the season starts?

Let’s hypothetically say the Jets sign 1 depth guy and draft a WR in either round 1 or 2. Pick 1 guy from each category that you think makes most sense for the team.

List of remaining WRs in FA

• Jamison Crowder
• Keelan Cole
• Julio Jones
• Sammy Watkins
• AJ Green
• Sammy Watkins
• Tre’quan Smith
• Jarvis Landry
• OBJ
• Will Fuller
• MVS
• TY Hilton
• Demarcus Robinson 
• Albert Wilson

List of top WR prospects coming out of NFL draft 

• Drake London
• Garret Wilson
• Chris Olave
• Treylon Burks
• Jameson Williams
• Jahan Dotson
• Christian Watson
• John Metchie III
• Jalen Tolbert
• Calvin Austin III
• David Bell
• Khalil Shakir

Don't think we are landing a Landry or OBJ. Demarcus Robinson is interesting. I wouldn't mind bringing Cole back for cheap, as he is a solid vet and knows the system.

Lots of guys to like in the draft. Garrett Wilson at 10, or Dotson or Watson in Round 2. I like Shakir a lot in the mid rounds.

But, I'll go with Cole and Wilson.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Don't think we are landing a Landry or OBJ. Demarcus Robinson is interesting. I wouldn't mind bringing Cole back for cheap, as he is a solid vet and knows the system.

Lots of guys to like in the draft. Garrett Wilson at 10, or Dotson or Watson in Round 2. I like Shakir a lot in the mid rounds.

But, I'll go with Cole and Wilson.

I like cole a lot, he was a safe, reliable target who did well with intermediate routes. Given that Moore/BB will dominate most of the targets from the slot and hopefully Moore+ whoever we  draft will command some attention it would be nice to have a reliable vet who knows where to sit on those intermediate routes. 

• Upvote 2

OBJ would be my preference in FA but him not being available to possibly mid season presents a challenge for a team that really needs to see things quickly from Zach Wilson.  So probably Landry. 

If we are taking a WR in the first round, I'm taking a chance on Jameson Williams.  Otherwise, I'm waiting.  And because I dont see them taking Williams, I'll say give me Watson at top of the 2nd, assuming doesnt go in the 1st round.

• Post of the Week 1

I’ll first look to trade a day 3 pick for Shenault. Not many guys with his yac ability available and we can use that on our team. Then draft someone like Watson in the 2nd.

Based on your list, I’d sign Tre’Quan Smith to be our 5th WR on the depth chart and then draft Garrett Wilson at #10.

Moore, Wilson, Davis, Berrios, T Smith, and J Smith. That looks good to me. One of Moore and Wilson will hopefully become a true number 1.

• Upvote 3

Why do people think we’re getting two more recievers?

We paid Braxton Berrios like he’s a high end #3. He’s not gonna be the fifth guy.

We will for sure draft a reciever somewhere in the first two rounds, likely at #10. My preference would be Wilson or Williams and I want us to avoid London. Adding Wilson would in my opinion give us one of the stronger WR rooms in the league.

I don’t see anyone else being added unless Mims is moved but even that would be pretty low level. We’re certainly not investing big money into one if we’re picking a WR at 10.

36 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Let’s hypothetically say the Jets sign 1 depth guy and draft a WR in either round 1 or 2. Pick 1 guy from each category that you think makes most sense for the team.

• Jamison Crowder
• Keelan Cole
• Julio Jones
• Sammy Watkins
• AJ Green
• Sammy Watkins
• Tre’quan Smith
• Jarvis Landry
• OBJ
• Will Fuller
• MVS
• TY Hilton
• Demarcus Robinson 
• Albert Wilson

• Drake London
• Garret Wilson
• Chris Olave
• Treylon Burks
• Jameson Williams
• Jahan Dotson
• Christian Watson
• John Metchie III
• Jalen Tolbert
• Calvin Austin III
• David Bell
• Khalil Shakir

Money and draft pick status aside, this is easily for me. Julio Jones and Garret Wilson. I think Jones is easily the best WR on that list when healthy and still has enough left in the tank for a couple of years to give Zach a reliable veteran weapon at the 'X'. Wilson is a great route runner with solid hands and can still make impact plays after the catch. He's a perfect fit for Zach and for what the Jets are trying to do on offense. I know there are rumors that the Jets like Burks or Burks likes the Jets or whatever, so this is what I would do. 

But the reality is Jones will probably be scooped up by a contender and the Jets will not want to use the 10th overall draft pick on a WR. It's more likely we see them add someone under the radar in FA and draft someone later on like Wan'Dale Ronbinson or Jalen Tolbert or Metchie from Alabama. I know fans want a #1 out of the draft. This is not the draft for that and probably isn't happening.  

• Upvote 1

Right now I'm thinking Garrett Wilson is the guy to add in the draft but my faith is in JD.  I do think it'll be very interesting to see where Jameson Williams gets drafted though.  Will he fall due to injury or are teams going to basically just ignore that and he'll be a top pick?  Feels like he's off-limits to us but who knows.  

• Upvote 1

We paid Braxton Berrios like he’s a high end #3. He’s not gonna be the fifth guy.
We will for sure draft a reciever somewhere in the first two rounds, likely at #10. My preference would be Wilson or Williams and I want us to avoid London. Adding Wilson would in my opinion give us one of the stronger WR rooms in the league.
I don’t see anyone else being added unless Mims is moved but even that would be pretty low level. We’re certainly not investing big money into one if we’re picking a WR at 10.
Dont you think London could possibly be a great No. 2 like a Brandon Marshall type ?

I would not mind ...
EDGE, WR, WR, OL

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Sorry I thought I put hypothetically in my post let me double check.. wait I did put hypothetically. 

It’s also not unreasonable for us fans to want at least 5 decent receivers who can perform when needed. Right now we only have 3, and no one on that FA list would get more than a 1-2 year deal. It’s definitely not unrealistic at all to sign one of these guys and draft someone high, in fact I think it’s likely.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

• Jamison Crowder
• Keelan Cole
• Julio Jones
• Sammy Watkins
• AJ Green
• Sammy Watkins
• Tre’quan Smith
• Jarvis Landry
• OBJ
• Will Fuller
• MVS
• TY Hilton
• Demarcus Robinson 
• Albert Wilson

• Drake London
• Garret Wilson
• Chris Olave
• Treylon Burks
• Jameson Williams
• Jahan Dotson
• Christian Watson
• John Metchie III
• Jalen Tolbert
• Calvin Austin III
• David Bell
• Khalil Shakir

Whoever comes with the shortest, cheapest deal out of Crowder, Green, Jones, Watkins, and them the best WR available in rnd 2 or 3 who is 6'1 or taller.

None.

I'd make sure we come out of the draft with one of first 4 picks being spent on WR. Like Garrett Wilson or Christian Watson... also, remember the Shanny offense leans heavily on TE, and we're likely to play a lot more 2 TE formations this year. So, adding McBride to the TE room would be just as impactful as drafting a WR in the top 50. 

I'm less concerned about WR specifically, and more focused on adding pass catchers that create mismatches.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I would like London at 10 or Dotson at 35. Would possibly want Cole back on the cheap. 

What's the love affair with Watson? Are we drafting productive WRs or  combine guys. A good prospect to mold in the 3rd or 4th but I'm hearing 2nd round talk from guys here on the board. 

I'd draft Watson, but not before the third round.  He's the ultimate high floor guy that is worth a risk.

If we were a more complete team, I'd consider him a lot earlier.

It’s a run first offense. 

JD invested in Mims, Davis and Moore and Berrios, those are his guys. 

I can see 1 more being brought in, but not a heavy investment in a WR1 type, more if a situational guy that plays specials 

I dont think we need two more WRs, the WR room would be pretty crowded given the Shanahan offense runs a lot of 3 WR sets with 2 TEs.

If we're doing hypothetical, I dont want a rehash at higher than rookie pay so London, Wilson, Burks or Jameson Williams.  If Im taking two, I say take a chance on a Williams recovery in November and whoever is the highest available on JD's board.  

I’m curious what you think the depth chart will be adding in 2 additional players in our current group.

-Elijah Moore is going to be a high priority 

- Corey Davis will at least will be our #2.

- Berrios didn’t come back just to be a return guy. I’m sure he will be our new slot receiver.

So please help me know who comes in and supplants the above players.

Especially because none of the free agents available is a #1 receiver and if they are they are injury prone.

I want the Jets to take whomever they think is the best WR in this draft. If they think it's Jameson Williams, I personally think they should just pull the trigger. If they think it's Garrett Wilson, go for it. 

A lot of people are calling for an edge at 4 and a WR at 10, but if they fear the Falcons or some other team might take their preferred WR before they get to pick at 10, then I would legitimately consider taking the WR at 4 and the edge at 10, instead.  (Remember when everyone said you couldn't take DK Metcalf at #3 overall? How did that work out?)

This offense with one more legit WR, as currently constructed, can be pretty good, IMO. I think the ceiling is a lot lower if we don't add another legit WR to the mix 

I don't have a big opinion on the FA options. 

I think Moore, Davis and Berrios are going to be 1-2-3 this year.  So might as well take the high upside guy.  Take Watson or Williams if he falls at the top of the 2nd round. Bring back a guy like Cole to be the 4 or 5.  Unless you can get a guy like Robert Woods in a trade really cheap.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I think Moore, Davis and Berrios are going to be 1-2-3 this year.  So might as well take the high upside guy.  Take Watson or Williams if he falls at the top of the 2nd round. Bring back a guy like Cole to be the 4 or 5.  Unless you can get a guy like Robert Woods in a trade really cheap.  

This is correct

2 hours ago, Jetty said:

I’m curious what you think the depth chart will be adding in 2 additional players in our current group.

-Elijah Moore is going to be a high priority 

- Corey Davis will at least will be our #2.

- Berrios didn’t come back just to be a return guy. I’m sure he will be our new slot receiver.

So please help me know who comes in and supplants the above players.

Especially because none of the free agents available is a #1 receiver and if they are they are injury prone.

Elijah Moore

Corey Davis 

Robert Woods

Braxton Berrios

Christian Watson

Denzel Mims/someone else young and cheap

Woods is the veteran, sure handed slot who adds leadership to the group. Berrios assumes essentially the same roll as last year but I’m sure will see more opportunities. Watson has crazy upside but is raw, this setup allows the Jets to take their time with him and develop him properly barring cataclysmic injury to the WR corps. There’s also a good chance Davis is gone after this year. Watson could give us a bigtime replacement at the X receiver spot in 2023 with his size, speed and natural ability.

I would feel VERY good about this group.

• Upvote 1