Becton's workout II

Bronx

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Sort of, but really it seems like the theme was that the OP wanted to share a photo of his late-middle aged nipples and was hoping to tease out some photos of other late-middle aged men who post on this website’s nipples but no one took the bait.

Long-live @joewilly12.

You are one of the better posters here, that's my man-love for you. Good day.

BTW, I took the picture down in case you wanted it for personal use.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If he was crushing big compound movements or some intense cardio conditioning, I'd be excited.

And yea I weight train 4x a week and I don't get paid for it.

An isolation exercise for your tricep is not moving the needle. It's a vanity exercise I do to make me fill out the sleeves in my t shirt because I'm compensating for a sh*t personality. 

I think he was flexing his triceps. He could have probably used a more aggressive type of exercise to Twitter, but he still looks strong as a bull.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly surprised and proud of Becton.  He looks great.  Hopefully he stays in this shape and looks like the kid we all saw dominate in 2020.

Me too. He has God-given size, talent, physical traits. If he can stay healthy, treat his body right, and prioritize football like a profession then the sky truly is the limit for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

Having Becton back and playing to his potential would be like adding a top tackle for pennies on the dollar. I want Becton to succeed for multiple reasons, but I'll give you just two. One reason being that Becton's ceiling is perennial first and second team all-pro. Becton playing well makes the Jets better. The second reason being that I won't have to read another comment about Wirfs or Joe Douglas sh!tting the bed with the 2020 draft.

I've made it clear that I want Becton to succeed. With all that said, a picture of him doing triceps pushdowns and looking muscular in gym gear will mean bupkis if he can't get on the field and road grade for Carter and protect Zach Apono. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetty said:

We still need to draft an OT. I have no faith in Becton’s ability to lose weight and stay healthy.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Why? What's your reasoning?

I am also in the camp that the Jets should draft an OT. But not specifically due to Becton, although he remains a risk having started only 14 of the Jets past 33 games.

Morgan Moses is gone. George Fant has one year left. Who will be playing RT in 2023? The Jets should be trying to find that guy now in the draft in order to develop him for next year. Let him be a backup to Becton and Fant here in 2022.

We learned last year that having three starting caliber OTs almost wasn’t enough. I would try to find a guy who can play both left and right OT, a swing tackle. Doesn’t need to be in the 1st round but it should be on the list before the end of day 2. JMHO.

• Upvote 3

Why are people suprised at this? Did you see him in camp last year? He was in fantastic shape. That’s even after all the becton is fat bs that cimini sold and was gobbled up by the fans.  He’s proven that he’s great at working out and getting his body right,  but just maybe isn’t great at recovering from injuries 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Why are people suprised at this? This you see him in camp last year? He was in fantastic shape. That’s even after all the becton is fat bs that cimini sold. He’s proven that he’s not fat, but just maybe isn’t great at recovering from injuries 

Aesthetic shape and football shape are completely different things. There is a reason why a flabby mess like Tyson Fury can beat a chiseled Deontay Wilder. 

Becton was getting manhandled by Carl Lawson in camp, and coming into camp heavy may have been part of the reason why.

52 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Aesthetic shape and football shape are completely different things. There is a reason why a flabby mess like Tyson Fury can beat a chiseled Deontay Wilder. 

Becton was getting manhandled by Carl Lawson in camp, and coming into camp heavy may have been part of the reason why.

Ok and being “fat” is aesthetic right? That is the single thing people keep ragging on him for. 

Regarding him getting beat up by Lawson in training  camp. You realize it’s a completely different experience when you are trying to block someone (especially a speed rusher) in shells than it is full contact. They can’t use the force that they usually would. It is much more difficult in general. His rookie year in training camp he didn’t look great either. You probably don’t remember that though because the beat didn’t have a hit out on him then. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A problem with Becton and you can see it in that photo is the legs are not large for a top half of the body that size.

I’ve wondered about that also. I’ve heard that guys in their 20s sometimes neglect the legs as they get big up top. I think I’ve seen videos of him working on his legs, but I’d be interested to hear from someone who knows if his legs are where they need to be.

• Upvote 1