Becton's workout II

Bronx

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A problem with Becton and you can see it in that photo is the legs are not large for a top half of the body that size.

This, especially his lower legs. You need that as part of your base as it helps to stabilize your stance.

And no, I'm not posting pics my legs, especially my calves. @Maxman servers aren't ready for that bandwidth. 

Eh, **** it, I'll post a tame one:

IMG_1581.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A problem with Becton and you can see it in that photo is the legs are not large for a top half of the body that size.

I was going to say the same thing, he needs to work on his legs... He should have calves the size of his arms... His thighs look ok, but I'm not asking him to take of his shorts lol... 

14 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

This, especially his lower legs. You need that as part of your base as it helps to stabilize your stance.

And no, I'm not posting pics my legs, especially my calves. @Maxman servers aren't ready for that bandwidth. 

IMG_1581.JPG

Delicious 

• Haha 3

Laughable. Becton is just like Mims - doesn’t love football, doesn't have the drive to achieve his potential. The sooner the Jets move on from these two, the better. Can’t believe these two losers were Douglas’ first two draft selections. Thankfully he has prioritized those traits with recent signings and draft picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

IMG_1581.JPG

Cute socks.

9 hours ago, Bronx said:

Show what you got!

No homo?

9 hours ago, heymangold said:

how many people commenting on this thread have done a tricep pushdown in the last 5-10 years?

how many people commenting are nfl players tho

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

I think he was flexing his triceps. He could have probably used a more aggressive type of exercise to Twitter, but he still looks strong as a bull.

I'm gonna need to see the stack he's raising before I can pass judgment. 

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Ok and being “fat” is aesthetic right? That is the single thing people keep ragging on him for. 

Regarding him getting beat up by Lawson in training  camp. You realize it’s a completely different experience when you are trying to block someone (especially a speed rusher) in shells than it is full contact. They can’t use the force that they usually would. It is much more difficult in general. His rookie year in training camp he didn’t look great either. You probably don’t remember that though because the beat didn’t have a hit out on him then. 

I don't think most people do realize this based on the crap I read on here. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I have 6 kids and I am not neutered or castrated like a SOJF.  Are you volunteering for a 7th?

The f*ck dude?! Six?? I thought I was out of my mind for having four. Yikes. Science bless you. For the record, having a (painful) vasectomy about five and a half years ago was the best decision I (wife) ever made. Highly recommended. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think most people do realize this based on the crap I read on here. 

It’s a lot of blind hatred for no apparent reason.  dude got hurt and missed the year. It happens. I just don’t understand the scathing insults constantly thrown his way with nothing concrete to back it up. Maye was hurt a lot in his first 2 seasons also and he turned out fine for the most part. Back then there was nowhere near the amount of crap said about him. It all goes back to rich cimini creating the “becton is fat” story and people ran with it and now bash him every chance they get. I’m rooting for the kid 

That training camp thing that people keep bringing up may seem valid in their minds, but when you actually look at it it it’s not that bad. Becton kind of struggled against speed rushers as a rookie and Lawson is a pretty dang good one. Blocking someone like that in shells would be super difficult. That’s were most of the “becton had a bad day” reports are from 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If he was crushing big compound movements or some intense cardio conditioning, I'd be excited.

And yea I weight train 4x a week and I don't get paid for it.

An isolation exercise for your tricep is not moving the needle. It's a vanity exercise I do to make me fill out the sleeves in my t shirt because I'm compensating for a sh*t personality. 

And from one pic you’ve determined that’s his whole training regimen?  And proof of what, he’s not really in shape, just looks like he is?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

This thread is hilarious 

I can’t decide what’s more telling.  Calling out because his tricep pull down routine is for vanity purposes only or complaining his legs aren’t big enough for vanity purposes.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And from one pic you’ve determined that’s his whole training regimen?  And proof of what, he’s not really in shape, just looks like he is?

I'm saying you can't tell much from this picture. I'm not going to get giddy at this being a sign of his reformation because he's doing tricep work. 

Here’s the sad part…  if I had to choose between JD’s first picks in his two drafts, I’d say Becton will probably have a better NFL career than Wilson.
Here the real sad part ... the fact you think this.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

image.png

OMG even with socks over them to add a little thickness, look how skinny Orlando Brown Jr's ankles are!

image.png

Someone get Orlando Pace to work out those girly legs!

image.png

Jonathan Ogden's legs - particularly below the knee - looked like sequoias! Oh wait, no they didn't.

image.png

380-pound Trent Brown and his ballet-dancer stems

image.png

Mount McKinnie's toothpicks

image.png

Becton. Hard to find apples-to-apples comparison (no pads, no socks; let alone not wearing bunched-up socks) but he looks about the same as other rhino-sized LTs to me.

I think some people are so used to seeing someone this heavy being fat, because how many 360-pound men do you know who aren't? If he was a typical (fat) man that weight, then yeah his ankles & calves would be thicker all around but it'd just be blubber & they wouldn't be any stronger. 

He may get injured week 1 for the rest of the season again, and he may tap out of plays again, but the reason won't be his lack of cankles. 

Most NFL linemen have skinny legs. Generally means they’re more athletic. 

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:
Here’s the sad part…  if I had to choose between JD’s first picks in his two drafts, I’d say Becton will probably have a better NFL career than Wilson.

Here the real sad part ... the fact you think this.

I agree, Dunnie. I agree. 😔

If Ekwenu is there, the Jets should take him and either roll with all 3 tackles (letting Fant walk next year) or trade Fant or Becton (after extending Fant).

I like the idea of moving on from Becton. I am just tired of him. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetworks said:

IMG_1581.JPG

Being taller than 99% of the population gave me vary bad habits.  I didn’t jump for rebounds, I flexed my calves and hopped lol. I could rack any calf machine out there lol. 
squat rack not so much 😂

• Haha 1