Michigan Edge rusher David Ojabo tore Achilles

51 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I would take him in Round 2.  Before the injury, I thought he had the most upside of any pass rusher in the draft.  He has an uncanny knack for stripping the ball from QBs.  

What makes you think he'll make it out of the first round?  Sydney Jones was not rated nearly as high as Ojabo, had the same type of injury at almost the same time of the draft process, and was the 43rd pick of the draft.

Jefferey Simmons tore a knee ligament a month before the combine, had a ton of off the field issues and was the 19th pick of the draft.

Ojabu doesn't make it out of round one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sam_S said:

What makes you think he'll make it out of the first round?  Sydney Jones was not rated nearly as high as Ojabo, had the same type of injury at almost the same time of the draft process, and was the 43rd pick of the draft.

Jefferey Simmons tore a knee ligament a month before the combine, had a ton of off the field issues and was the 19th pick of the draft.

Ojabu doesn't make it out of round one.

Definitely possible he goes late in the 1st, but I think he was a mid 1st round pick before the injury (15-20 range) based on his 40 time.  I think it’s reasonable to believe he’ll be there at the top of round 2 now

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

Definitely possible he goes late in the 1st, but I think he was a mid 1st round pick before the injury (15-20 range) based on his 40 time.  I think it’s reasonable to believe he’ll be there at the top of round 2 now

Ojabo would've gone top 15 if not top 12.  KC is the perfect spot for him late in round one- they answered all their offensive needs the past two weeks and they will need a pass rusher going forward.  In a perfect world Ojabo can take snaps for them in December just in time for the stretch drive.  Slight chance GB with their second pick in the 1st

This is why I hate Pro Days and The Combine. First off they tell you nothing about actually being a Good or Great Football player. How many times have we seen elite athletes during these bullsh*t sessions just absolutely sh*t the bed when it comes to actually playing the game of football. 

That brings me to this type of Injury. You get most kids trying so damn hard they wind up injuring themselves not just severely like in this case but they deal with numerous soft tissue injuries from pushing the limits of what they can do and a lot of the time pushing those limits does not even apply to the game. Soft tissue Injuries can also become a Chronic problem especially when it comes to the Hammy's and Quad's

I'm not sure why evaluating players actually playing the game is not enough. No one plays as fast as they work out because there is the processing of information that may slow you down so a guy who runs a 40 at 4.3 almost never plays that fast nor does a 40 yards dash show you a players actual quickness. So players listed at 4.5 in the 40  sometimes play faster than the guy running 4.3 and IMHO quickness = Processing power and burst, that's what counts and the only way you see that is on the football field. This is also why you see some players slip in the draft who are just damn good football players with elite quickness and processing power yet they get over looked because of a bad Combine or Pro day . 

On the other hand we see so many players sky rocket up the draft board once again due to Combine and Pro Day but they cant play football to save their lives .... Vernon Gholston comes to mind. When you look at all of this its getting worse and worse how many players can't compete in the Combine/Pro day because they are already injured taking their bodies to the limit . I mean we have scouts watching these kids play for a reason . .. Right ?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What's with all the Achilles injuries. Used to be super rare. NFL needs to move all fields to grass. Grass gives cushion and moves, turf does bot.

How many Hamstring issues you hear about though?  Fix one thing and something else takes its place...

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i thought this was nuts

This is why you can’t believe short video clips.  We are to believe nobody helped him out?  That everyone around was not waiting for medical staff?  Huh, Mr Bucky?  He’s probably still laying there right now

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

This is why you can’t believe short video clips.  We are to believe nobody helped him out?  That everyone around was not waiting for medical staff?  Huh, Mr Bucky?  He’s probably still laying there right now

you really really missed the point here man, the guy that walked past him and picked up the ball is problem #1. The group of people standing around that didn't rush his aid are problem #2. Clearly eventually people got to him...but how many seconds in that video is he rolling around in obvious pain with no one around? smh at this post dude.