Cimini on some draft buzz

Two other fun tidbits in this article:

1. When Revis got drafted, he was home with his family in Aliquippa, PA. Who was in that room? A ten year old Jordan Whitehead.

2. Douglas, for the second year in a row, has handed out at least $80 mil guaranteed to free agents. Yikes.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/89073/for-zach-wilsons-sake-new-york-jets-may-end-this-wide-receiver-drought

Just now, Jets723 said:

The only two things I’m pretty positive are that we will draft a WR and safety within our first four picks.  I still feel we get an edge at 4 but who knows 

4. Kyle Hamilton

10. Travon Walker or Trevor Penning (if they trade Becton)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4. Kyle Hamilton

10. Travon Walker or Trevor Penning (if they trade Becton)

I don't see Hamilton at 4. but if he falls to 10 he's the pick there.

I think if Ekwonu is there he's the pick at 4, and think a bevy or others (Travon Walker, Jermaine Johnson, Sauce Gardner) are possibilities as well.

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I would be fine with Hamilton but I feel we grab a safety in the second round 

The draft experts are saying that Hamilton is the best player in the draft. I say draft him at pick 4. The Jets need all the playmakers they can get no matter what side of the ball they are on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Indeed Tom these comments didn't come from within the Jets organization. But what I find more than curious is the roar of the Old Establishment Media trying to shove Kyle Hamilton down the throats of the New York Jets. This is the only player in the draft the Media is pulling this stunt with. This should send up a Red Flag with the Jets Front Office and the New York Jet Fan Base.

If it’s true that Saleh is blaming the failures of his trash defense on not having a good free safety (lol), and considering Douglas wanted to give Marcus Williams $15+ mil per, Hamilton will probably be the pick at 4. No way they’re drafting Thibodeaux. Not a weak-fish Saleh lapdog-type, and they can just say that Carl Lawson is coming back. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

The draft experts are saying that Hamilton is the best player in the draft. I say draft him at pick 4. The Jets need all the playmakers they can get no matter what side of the ball they are on.

Around this time of year, the Internet Based Draft Youngins start coalescing around safe players that probably won’t bust so they don’t end up on the record supporting a player who ended up being garbage. They still think they were right about Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Like I said I’d be fine with it.  I know a lot if fans in here are not but I agree he is a bigtime prospect.  We also have the 10th pick and extra second rounder to fill out other holes so I’d have no issue with it 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok I understand we willl go defense at 4.

BUT GIVE ZACH A RECIEVER AT 10

It’s pretty clear they will.  It’s not like they have ignored offense.  Over the past two drafts their top 6 picks have been offense, they signed two TE and like I said it’s pretty clear they will go WR at 10 or at the very least 35 

• Upvote 1

I’ve been saying we should take Sauce and Hamilton for a couple months now. The only way I’d think we shouldn’t take both is if

A.Thibs is somehow there at #4 or

B. if one of them is gone at #10.

either way I want defense with both picks. I don’t think there’s a difference making WR worth taking in the top 10, and I don’t think our CS trusts Wilson to utilize one if there was.

Build up the defense, because the Jet offense will be operating in KISS mode again this year.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Around this time of year, the Internet Based Draft Youngins start coalescing around safe players that probably won’t bust so they don’t end up on the record supporting a player who ended up being garbage. They still think they were right about Jamal Adams.

Adams was a pro bowl safety in Bowles' defensive scheme. But he would be a bad fit in Saleh's scheme so the fact that he's gone is a good thing. Saleh's scheme requires a ball hawking safety like Kyle Hamilton so i think he wouldn't be a bust for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Indeed Tom these comments didn't come from within the Jets organization. But what I find more than curious is the roar of the Old Establishment Media trying to shove Kyle Hamilton down the throats of the New York Jets. This is the only player in the draft the Media is pulling this stunt with. This should send up a Red Flag with the Jets Front Office and the New York Jet Fan Base.

So if they pick a player you don't want you are convinced he was a product of the media who are pulling a stunt and the Jets are being duped into picking him.  Pretty much every evaluator has him in their top 5 but for some reason its total BS?  JD and his staff will fall back on this media stunt.  

LOL

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2. Douglas, for the second year in a row, has handed out at least $80 mil guaranteed to free agents. Yikes.

But I thought I read that he was cheap.  You can argue that he has not spent well over the last few years, but the narrative that he won't spend is nonsense.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Adams was a pro bowl safety in Bowles' defensive scheme. But he would be a bad fit in Saleh's scheme so the fact that he's gone is a good thing. Saleh's scheme requires a ball hawking safety like Kyle Hamilton so i think he wouldn't be a bust for the Jets.

I think the problem is fans immediately bring up Adams whenever the subject of possibly drafting Hamilton comes up which I feel is unfair.  Now Hamilton wouldn’t be my first choice but I would t be upset if we did take him there 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s pretty clear they will.  It’s not like they have ignored offense.  Over the past two drafts their top 6 picks have been offense, they signed two TE and like I said it’s pretty clear they will go WR at 10 or at the very least 35 

They need to take 2 WRs this draft.  I would not be scared to take them both in the first 3 rounds

• Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok I understand we willl go defense at 4.

BUT GIVE ZACH A RECIEVER AT 10

Prepare to be disappointed.  I expect that both 4 & 10 will be defense.  35 & 38 will be offense.  I would probaby go edge at 4 ad WR at 10, but I am not expecting that is what JD will do.  Offense will be addressed day 2.

• Upvote 4

remember when hooker was supposed to be the next ed reed b/c of his ball hawking skills?  Well he sucked.  Don’t take a safety thinking he’s going to transcend the position.  I still think the jets take thibs if he’s there at 4 b/c he’d be the best pass rusher they’d have since Abraham and as we’re seeing the drafting now is all about scheme fit.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

The draft experts also said Quinnen was the best player in the draft. Jamal Adams a sure fire all pro. Leonard Williams should be fitting his yellow jacket as we speak. You want a player that will have absolutely zero impact on actually winning games, go ahead and take Kyle Hamilton at 4.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree about Q Williams...they did say he was the best player. But I don't recall them saying that about L Williams. That was about Rex being Rex, wanting another D lineman, which they didn't need. I also don't remember them saying that about Adams because there was a lot of good players in that draft. Also, I can't blame the Jets for drafting him because they needed a safety that year and plus, he was a pro bowl player.

• Upvote 1