Joe Burrow signs La’ell Collins

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So Burrow had a dinner planned at his house Friday night to welcome his two new FA OL and FA TE.
When the Cowboys released Collins, Joe called and invited him to join them and hear why he should come play in Cincinnati.

It worked. Joe Burrow is a baller.

Meanwhile...

*ring ring*

Chandler Jones: "Hello?"

Zach Wilson: "Hey, Chandler, this is Zach Wilson, quarterback of the New York Jets, and, gee-wiz, well, I don't know if you're busy or nuthin', but my mom's making extra mac & cheese tonight and I'd sure like to convince you why you should take less money to come play with us in New York."

*Click*

*Dial tone*

Zach: "Hello, Chandler? Chandler?"

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Meanwhile...

*ring ring*

Chandler Jones: "Hello?"

Zach Wilson: "Hey, Chandler, this is Zach Wilson, quarterback of the New York Jets, and, gee-wiz, well, I don't know if you're busy or nuthin', but my mom's making extra mac & cheese tonight and I'd sure like to convince you why you should take less money to come play with us in New York."

*Click*

*Dial tone*

Zach: "Hello, Chandler? Chandler?"

Let’s get into a pretend argument about race, religion and politics buddy.

I need to get this thread locked.

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You don’t know how many times I want to kill you right now!!!!

props though… that’s perfection.

Luckily, you can only do it once.

I reckon defending myself against you would be quite easy, though. All I have to do is open my phone to some Tik-Tok thot and you'll be like:

#richie tozier from welcome to the losers' club

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You strike as the kinda guy who sent away for a pair of those x-ray glasses that lets you see under women's clothes as a kid.

Don't lie.

They made those? And you could send away for them?  Really?

I’m sure they’re illegal now though, because, I mean who would buy them, right?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Remember when guys like you were all hyped about how Darnold and Wilson “flashed” at the end of their rookie years, only to end up at the bottom of the league in QB rankings? 
I do, because I watch football. Attentively.

Stats give one perspective, a cumulative perspective. They give no measure of technique or mental acuity.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Spoot-Face and @Jet Nut 
meanwhile, in what seems like an alternate universe right now to me, @Mogglez and @T0mShane are in a heated debate about rape in the Watson thread.

Spirited is the word I would use.  T0m is a great guy, regardless of whether or not we disagree on certain aspects of the Watson situation.  Unlike another poster I’ve run into here (I hope you’re enjoying that ban bozo, I know you’re still lurking and can read this), T0m has never given me the impression that he thinks the woman are nothing more than “fatherless sex workers, looking for a quick payday.”

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Spoot-Face and @Jet Nut 
meanwhile, in what seems like an alternate universe right now to me, @Mogglez and @T0mShane are in a heated debate about rape in the Watson thread.

Yeah, I was participating in that debate a couple days ago, but bowed out. Didn't see much of a point anymore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I was participating in that debate a couple days ago, but bowed out. Didn't see much of a point anymore.

I’m getting to that point, but as long as the conversation is healthy, I still believe that it is imperative that we continue having these discussions to improve the systems around us, even if those conversations happen on a Sunday night, 7 1/2 hours before I have to get up for work, on a New York Jets message board, lmfao.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’m getting to that point, but as long as the conversation is healthy, I still believe that it is imperative that we continue having these discussions to improve the systems around us, even if those conversations happen on a Sunday night, 7 1/2 hours before I have to get up for work, on a New York Jets message board, lmfao.

Conversations can certainly be healthy, but I don't see anyone's mind getting changed in this forum. I may be more cynical than you, but more often than not I think conversations just tend to push people apart, rather than change minds and bring us together (there's a lot of reasons for that, of which getting into would result in a time-out, lol). But, as long as it's civil, and people aren't using it to blatantly troll, it's doing no harm, and I don't want to discourage you or T0m from having at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Remember when guys like you were all hyped about how Darnold and Wilson “flashed” at the end of their rookie years, only to end up at the bottom of the league in QB rankings? 
I do, because I watch football. Attentively.

Lolz.  Around and around we go.  You sling mud and anything positive is met with “BuT sAm DiD tHaT tOo”

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Conversations can certainly be healthy, but I don't see anyone's mind getting changed in this forum. I may be more cynical than you, but more often than not I think conversations just tend to push people apart, rather than change minds and bring us together (there's a lot of reasons for that, of which getting into would result in a time-out, lol). But, as long as it's civil, and people aren't using it to blatantly troll, it's doing no harm, and I don't want to discourage you or T0m from having at it.

Absolutely agree with all that you said.  Him and I have had pretty great back and forth with it, but it’s just gotten to that point where we are just going in circles, lol.  I don’t think either one of us want to continue cluttering the threads with different variations of the same words, so we both just agreed to let it play out at this point with an understanding of where we both stand on all the details.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Absolutely agree with all that you said.  Him and I have had pretty good back and forth with it, but it’s just gotten to that point where we are just going in circles, lol.  I don’t think either one of us want to continue cluttering the threads with different variations of the same words, so we both just agreed to let it play out at this point with an understanding of where we both stand on all the details.

That's a fine idea. Maybe revisit it down the road when more details come out. I assume any time any little new detail leaks, somebody is going to post about it here, anyway.

• Sympathy 2

11 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m very curious to see how the bengals do moving forward. 
Feel like last season was def some magical run where everything went right. 

I said this 2 weeks before the super bowl and everybody was like 'what the crap'

And while I do think that they are a very explosive and good team, they also seem like a team which can be 'figured out'.  I mean, they couldn't outscore Mike White with their offense playing against a historically bad defense. There's something going on here, and I don't know if their success is sustainable.

Plus, they had pretty ok injury luck, and that might not go so well next year.

Who knows, though. They looked pretty legitimate in the playoffs

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I value your opinions, and the inside info you’re able to share on occasion. That said, I’m at a loss to understand your reasoning here.

I think if the Bengals wore Jet uniforms last year, you’d feel completely different. You would be ecstatic about the future. They have everything we dream of the Jets having.

A great young QB who is actually living up to his draft position.

One of, if not the best WRs in football with a good supporting cast.

A terrific RB

A solid defense

and now this coming season they’ll have a completely rebuilt offensive line (which was their only weakness)

Does this mean they’ll win the AFC next year? No, the AFC is loaded with excellent teams right now. The Bengals are one of them though, and they’re also very young. They’re about to go on a nice run, and will be a top team for quite a while. 

Oh I'd for sure think we were the best team to ever play in NFL history if that were the Jets lol. 

I just think the stars aligned for them last year. Not saying they'll go back to the Bengals of old but I don't know about another Superbowl run. I think Ravens and now Browns(tho I hope they fail miserably) will be right there with them. They were only separated by a couple games to get in the playoffs. 

I do think Burrow is one of the best already, so anything is possible. 

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Oh I'd for sure think we were the best team to ever play in NFL history if that were the Jets lol. 

I just think the stars aligned for them last year. Not saying they'll go back to the Bengals of old but I don't know about another Superbowl run. I think Ravens and now Browns(tho I hope they fail miserably) will be right there with them. They were only separated by a couple games to get in the playoffs. 

I do think Burrow is one of the best already, so anything is possible. 

My feeling is, the way the AFC stacks up now, with so many excellent young QBs and stacked rosters, I don’t see anyone running that playoff gauntlet consistently.

For the sake of argument, let’s eliminate half those “powerhouses” from the example I’m going to give you here, and say for the next 4 seasons, the semis in the AFC playoffs come down to Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati and the Chargers or Titans. Would you really be surprised if any of them got through to the Super Bowl?

The conference is so loaded, and so competitive, it will come down to who’s healthy, peaking or gets a call going their way at a crucial time. We could make a valid case for about 7-8 teams taking the AFC next year.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Then we agree.

My feeling is, the way the AFC stacks up now, with so many excellent young QBs and stacked rosters, I don’t see anyone running that playoff gauntlet consistently.

For the sake of argument, let’s eliminate half those “powerhouses” from the example I’m going to give you here, and say for the next 4 seasons, the semis in the AFC playoffs come down to Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati and the Chargers or Titans. Would you really be surprised if any of them got through to the Super Bowl?

The conference is so loaded, and so competitive, it will come down to who’s healthy, peaking or gets a call going their way at a crucial time. 

Yep. You then add in Zach Wilsons emergence and then just never know!

high five arrested development GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So Burrow had a dinner planned at his house Friday night to welcome his two new FA OL and FA TE.
When the Cowboys released Collins, Joe called and invited him to join them and hear why he should come play in Cincinnati.

It worked. Joe Burrow is a baller.

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I was saying we should sign this guy before someone on this board educated my ass to the fact that hes been out on injury as much as he's played the last few seasons.

Glad we passed/

There's a reason the Bengals were able to land him with some home cooked mac and cheese and a deal that was in effect a 2 year 20 million dollar deal. When no one else is interested, it doesn't take much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There's a reason the Bengals were able to land him with some home cooked mac and cheese and a deal that was in effect a 2 year 20 million dollar deal. When no one else is interested, it doesn't take much. 

This is true. I had no idea how often injured he's been and I just remembered how good he was 4 years ago.

I have to say I find it refreshing that our GM is not into the whole over 30 often injured contracts. Finally, a nice change of pace.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is true. I had no idea how often injured he's been and I just remembered how good he was 4 years ago.

I have to say I find it refreshing that our GM is not into the whole over 30 often injured contracts. Finally, a nice change of pace.

He's the kind of player that we bring it, it blows up in our face and the same fans whining about not getting him are the fans who would be wondering why JD didn't see the red flags:

Collins spent the entire 2020 season on injured reserve with a hip injury. He was also suspended five games last year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. According to Adam Schefter, Collins missed multiple drug tests and tried to bribe the drug test collector.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m very curious to see how the bengals do moving forward. 
Feel like last season was def some magical run where everything went right.

With DW coming to Cleveland and a healthy Lamaar Jackson and an improved defense..... Burro will have a challenge lighting another "victory" cigar.