QB carousel - Baker to Panthers? Darnold to… Seattle?

36 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I understand why Baker will get another chance. He's had flashes. Darnold is a bust. I don't even think he makes for a good backup QB. 

I wish the team, and others here, had seen this our way.  Could have saved us a few years of horrible QB play and fan angst.

I live in the Carolinas.
There is nobody on this board who despised watching Darnold as much as I did for 3 years. So naturally when the Jets traded him, he went to the team who’s games are televised locally in my area. ? 

I am also the biggest Mayfield fan boy on this board. In fact, since Villain left, I’m probably the only one. There is no way the football gods would bless me with Baker playing for the Panthers.

If they did though, the benefits would be twofold. Not only would I get to watch my favorite NFL QB play every week, I’d finally be able to dump the damned Jets after 58 years. I’d finally have a “local team” again!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

45 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agree 100%. But lets see if the Browns can get what J.D got for Darnold.

As much as I like Mayfield, I don’t think it will take as much to acquire him.
1. The Jets hadn’t drafted his replacement yet, so they weren’t at the disadvantage the Browns are here. JD had the option of bringing him back last year since we were going to stink anyway, and his cap number was low.
2. Darnold also had two more years of his rookie deal plus a team option year. Because the Jets suck so much, a few teams thought the Jets were the problem and Sam could be a good nfl qb. (Fools)

3. Mayfield has only one year of control left (plus the option) so despite the fact he’s a better qb, his contract has less value to a new team.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still like Darnold and will be rooting for him if he gets traded to Seattle.

I know you do, and I respect you for it. Who knows why we root for the guys we do?
The guys I laugh at are the ones like @More Cowbell. He’s a Darnold fan boy who hates other QBs because they’re better than the one he adores.

• Upvote 1

I think it’s kind of a crapshoot where Baker will play next year at this point. Nobody seems to be interested in him right now. I think he’s got some cleaning up of his image to do but in theory, a motivated Baker could be a dangerous one. Somebody has to want to give him a shot though

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I know you do, and I respect you for it. Who knows why we root for the guys we do?
The guys I laugh at are the ones like @More Cowbell. He’s a Darnold fan boy who hates other QBs because they’re better than the one he adores.

I think this has to rate up there with @Mogglez dissertation on how I should become a Bears fans because I wanted the Jets to draft Fields instead  of Wilson. There are about 3 or 4 QB's I root for every season. The one who plays on the Jets,  and the ones on my Fantasy Football teams. I don't even know if Darnold played good or bad last season but I assume it was mostly bad since the Panthers are in the market for a new QB already. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The lineup of teams going after Baker Mayfield.

giphy.gif

Dude joined one of the most stacked rosters in the NFL as soon as he walked into the league. And despite that, has proven to be nothing more than a semi-competent gamemanager so far.

I’ve never seen such a mediocre professional athlete with so many endorsements deals. Regardless of sport.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this has to rate up there with @Mogglez dissertation on how I should become a Bears fans because I wanted the Jets to draft Fields instead  of Wilson. There are about 3 or 4 QB's I root for every season. The one who plays on the Jets,  and the ones on my Fantasy Football teams. I don't even know if Darnold played good or bad last season but I assume it was mostly bad since the Panthers are in the market for a new QB already. 

While I regret going about that the way that I did because it was uncalled for, if multiple people are telling you that you come off as bitter that you didn’t get “your guy” or something along that line when discussing QBs, then maybe there is something to it.  I’ve done it, so I can’t pretend to be innocent here ??‍♂️.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Dude joined one of the most stacked rosters in the NFL as soon as he walked into the league. And despite that, has proven to be nothing more than a semi-competent gamemanager so far.

I’ve never seen such a mediocre professional athlete with so many endorsements deals. Regardless of sport.

The Browns were on an historic 29 game losing streak when Mayfield came off the bench in the third game of the ‘18 season. He led a comeback from 14-0 down and changed the culture in Cleveland. 
As to your last point about the national tv ads… Handsome, well spoken star QB, and Madison Avenue loves him? Shocker.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Browns were on an historic 29 game losing streak when Mayfield came off the bench in the third game of the ‘18 season. He led a comeback from 14-0 down and changed the culture in Cleveland. 
As to your last point about the national tv ads… Handsome, well spoken star QB, and Madison Avenue loves him? Shocker.

Changed the culture?

The dude has been on a team stacked with arguably the best OL in the league, a two headed beast at RB, had both OBJ and Landry at wideout at one point with Hooper and Njoku at TE, a defense with young studs littered all over it…and they’re kicking his ass out the door 4 years into his career.

Mayfield and Darnold are going to end up walking the same career paths.

Backups for another few years before they join Josh Rosen in total obscurity.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Changed the culture?

The dude has been on a team stacked with arguably the best OL in the league, a two headed beast at RB, had both OBJ and Landry at wideout at one point with Hooper and Njoku at TE, a defense with young studs littered all over it…and they’re kicking his ass out the door 4 years into his career.

Mayfield and Darnold are going to end up walking the same career paths.

Backups for another few years before they join Josh Rosen in total obscurity.

Im Out Baker Mayfield GIF by Progressive

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Bitch Please GIF by Rachel Crow

Sorry ZachEY, but you’re a distant second with that.

Remember @14 in green? He hated Darnold so much his name was the example @GREENBEAN used when he referred to the Darnold haters in his first video for JN.

14 was my favorite poster ever (don’t ask me why, lol). Smart, handsome, well spoken, he had it all. I miss him so much. ?

• Upvote 1