QB carousel - Baker to Panthers? Darnold to… Seattle?

42 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Baker will be moved but at some point the Browns will need to cave and also pay like $10 million of his $18M guaranteed. Interestingly Browns get no benefit from releasing him cap wise so paying part of his salary might be the only way to go. It could possibly even come down to offering Baker and draft picks to get out from under the money

I’m not trying to be “that guy” Johnny, but I said the exact same thing here when the Watson trade happened. ?

Here’s the two options for the Browns if they want to try and trade Mayfield.

1. eat his salary and hope to get a mid round pick back.

2. trade Baker and a mid round pick (or two) to a team willing to pay him 18 mil. This isn’t ever happening btw.

What will happen?

They either keep Mayfield and play him until Watson’s suspension ends, then dump him, or keep him until the QB on a contending team goes down with an injury. Either way, the Browns aren’t getting any value back. That ship sailed the moment their interest in Watson became known, and they left themselves on the hook for 18 mil.

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

2. trade Baker and a mid round pick (or two) to a team willing to pay him 18 mil. This isn’t ever happening btw.

What will happen?

They either keep Mayfield and play him until Watson’s suspension ends, then dump him, or keep him until the QB on a contending team goes down with an injury. Either way, the Browns aren’t getting any value back. That ship sailed the moment their interest in Watson became known, and they left themselves on the hook for 18 mil.

Fug 'em Browns!

55 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not trying to be “that guy” Johnny, but I said the exact same thing here when the Watson trade happened. ?

Different situation though and the Browns completely lost their mind and thumbed their noses at the entire NFL community.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, Green Ghost said:

What will happen?

I wouldn't be shocked if Mayfield starts the first 6-7 games next year for the browns.  Idiot Goodell will try to suspend Watson.  Watson will file a grievance trough the NFLPA because it's bs.  Afterwards, he will sue in federal court and get it thrown out but in the meantime he won't be able to play

• Thumb Down 1