Revis gives encouragement to Becton

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Imagine a 300lb beast of a man NFL millionaire being bullied on Twitter. 

Cry. Me. A. *******. River. 

Get on the field and get it done. 

I dont see that changing anytime soon. Not sure how the staff feels about it, but it seems like a bit of a liability. 

• Thumb Down 2

I AM NOT CONDONING BULLYING ON TWITTER

Becton makes it easy to bully him because he made the mistake of responding and showing that it bothers him. I'll say it again, I am not condoning bullying on Twitter. He responds to trolls but rarely even likes a Tweet encouraging him or praising him.

Becton needs to learn how to use the mute button. Ignore the negative comments and mute accounts so that you never see that person again. The best part is that the troll doesn't know that he was muted. Blocking gives the troll the satisfaction of getting under your skin. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's in many ways still a kid.

Sure, which is why this type of job at such a young age is difficult and why so many flame out. Maybe he works out eventually, but it probably wont be with the Jets. He's someone who should probably disengage from social and the Jets should probably encourage him to do so as it's a liability for them too.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Nice to see this from Darrelle. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player bullied/harassed on Twitter as much as Becton is getting this year from “fans”. I can’t wait to see him come back and dominate.

I like to see this from Darrelle too.  I also like that he encouraged Whitehead to come here.   Seems like he feels like he's a Jet at heart.

Still such a kick in the teeth that he won a SB as a Patriot but we've dealt with plenty of crap as Jet fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

37 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Imagine a 300lb beast of a man NFL millionaire being bullied on Twitter. 

Cry. Me. A. *******. River. 

Get on the field and get it done. 

How would you feel if it was your kid being bullied for his physicality? Society sucks ass! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ironically, if Becton has a great season his twatter critics will take credit for motivating him.

They probably should take some credit.  He clearly hears the criticism (since he's responding to it) and it looks like he's trying to prove the doubters wrong.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They probably should take some credit.  He clearly hears the criticism (since he's responding to it) and it looks like he's trying to prove the doubters wrong.

Sounds more like a deep-rooted mental issue and/or low-self esteem.

• Upvote 1

On one hand no one is fully mature at 22 years old and capable of ignoring the constant jabs at your expense.  Remember, he's closer to 15 years old than he is to 30.

On the other hand I'll never understand why kids these days are compelled to have accounts on social media.  It's would be so easy for him to rid himself of the stress.  Delete the ****ing thing!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, freestater said:

Thats what you get when premium resources are used on you and you dont contribute. Worse, when the guy taken after you is stellar, and you miss half your games. 

Question - if you got drafted #11 overall to play left tackle in the NFL, would you contribute?

A player cannot determine where he is drafted. Nor can he suddenly become better / good enough to "justify" his draft spot. It's like paying $100k on an old wreck of a car then blaming the car for not being reliable or fast enough. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's in many ways still a kid. You seem like an empathic, mature sort of fellow. I'm sure you can find it in your pea-sized soul to be a bit more tolerant and less of a tough guy. Ironically, I'm beginning to like Becton more for his sincerity. I hope he finds his a way to build on the promise he showed as a rookie.

Oh shut up lol. 

If you want to waste your fake empathy on a multi millionaire that wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills, can employ five psychiatrists on his personal staff, and can crush you with his hands anytime he like, that's on you. 

I'll sympthatize with people that are truly hurting that cant cry on twitter on their thousand dollar iphone. 

• Upvote 1