Revis gives encouragement to Becton

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Oh shut up lol. 

If you want to waste your fake empathy on a multi millionaire that wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills, can employ five psychiatrists on his personal staff, and can crush you with his hands anytime he like, that's on you. 

I'll sympthatize with people that are truly hurting that cant cry on twitter on their thousand dollar iphone. 

Im with you BUT after taxes Becton probably has about 4$ million in the bank.   I have tons of normal clients with this level of savings/net worth.   At 23, it wont go very far I assure you.  So i dont see him as a spoiled millionaire, I see him as I see MANY athletes early in their cross roads.  He is closer to being broke than rich if he is not careful here.  

• Upvote 1

Sounds more like a deep-rooted mental issue and/or low-self esteem.
Dude

I swear you forgot what it was like to be 20 years old. Kids mature at diff rates ... wspecially in todays age of hand holding through high school ... many are simply are not allowed to grow up in high school ... either by fault of parenting or by societal overreach.... the thick skin doesnt arrive until mid 20s for most now.

Hoping he comes in angry and determined as opposed to worried... .... if he can put the injury bug behind him and become a rock ... look out ... ultrabeastmode.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's in many ways still a kid. You seem like an empathic, mature sort of fellow. I'm sure you can find it in your pea-sized soul to be a bit more tolerant and less of a tough guy. Ironically, I'm beginning to like Becton more for his sincerity. I hope he finds his a way to build on the promise he showed as a rookie.

This is the trade off that you get when you become a high profile professional athlete. You get the money and lifestyle that most people could only dream of but with that comes scrutiny, especially in New York that you just have to deal with. Becton can end all this by choosing to put the work and perform on the field - If he does that he will be loved. He could also end it by giving up some of that money/lifestyle and retiring into obscurity, which is an option a lot of people dealing with real life problems do not have.

So yeah, spare me the tears for Becton. He's doing fine. 

• Upvote 2

He’s paid millions to play Pro Football, I only care the Jets win. I’m not his friend or friend of any players. In life you have to overcome adversity if some nasty trolls bother you then your weak. 

We will be addressing tackle again in future drafts that will be within his first contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Oh shut up lol. 

If you want to waste your fake empathy on a multi millionaire that wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills, can employ five psychiatrists on his personal staff, and can crush you with his hands anytime he like, that's on you. 

I'll sympthatize with people that are truly hurting that cant cry on twitter on their thousand dollar iphone. 

I think you may be dramatically  over estimating his wealth, the size of a 100 dollar bill and his hand strength. Yet pretty spot on as far as the price of a smart phone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Oh shut up lol. 

So, because he has money, he should be totally fine with being harassed and kicked while he’s down? Also, perhaps, any issues he has as a young adult should poof away?

I mean, you’re one of the most sensitive posters on JN, does that mean you’re broke?

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think you may be dramatically  over estimating his wealth, the size of a 100 dollar bill and his hand strength. Yet pretty spot on as far as the price of a smart phone. 

I only wipe with foreign currency. Larger bills + the exchange rate.

35 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s paid millions to play Pro Football, I only care the Jets win. I’m not his friend or friend of any players. In life you have to overcome adversity if some nasty trolls bother you then your weak. 

We will be addressing tackle again in future drafts that will be within his first contract.

He’s been human his whole life.

He’s had ”millions” for a small fraction of it.

Money doesn’t buy maturity. Money doesn’t buy life experience. Money doesn’t buy consciousness.

Most adult men never achieve a level of social maturity on par with what you and many here are describing. Most adult men have the emotional range of their 14-year old selves. Everything is framed with themselves at the center snd rooted in projected insecurities.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Oh shut up lol. 

So bitter. I wonder why? 

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Still such a kick in the teeth that he won a SB as a Patriot but we've dealt with plenty of crap as Jet fans.

How is this crap to Jets fans

Though its fitting in a thread complaining about someone being too sensitive 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Im with you BUT after taxes Becton probably has about $ million in the bank.   I have tons of normal clients with this level of savings/net worth.   At 23, it wont go very far I assure you.  So i dont see him as a spoiled millionaire, I see him as I see MANY athletes early in their cross roads.  He is closer to being broke than rich if he is not careful here.  

Hes got a lot more than a mil. after taxes

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, freestater said:

Thats what you get when premium resources are used on you and you dont contribute. Worse, when the guy taken after you is stellar, and you miss half your games. 

I think you know it’s beyond that.  It’s gotten pretty mean and ugly.  People grabbing hold of a narrative that he is fat and lazy without trying to understanding or be sympathetic to underlying issues or just rooting for him as a human being, much like many have done for Sam even though he didn’t succeed here.

It’s easy to make fat jokes from behind a screen.  And a pretty sad reflection on the person making the joke.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

So, because he has money, he should be totally fine with being harassed and kicked while he’s down? Also, perhaps, any issues he has as a young adult should poof away?

I mean, you’re one of the most sensitive posters on JN, does that mean you’re broke?

Lol

55 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think you know it’s beyond that.  It’s gotten pretty mean and ugly

I don't. Not a twitter following guy. While I will agree that anyone poking at him on his own social media page is low and cruel, I won't concede the larger point that he should be beyond criticism. If he is perusing forums such as this one where disgruntled fans of a hapless franchise are griping about the sunk cost in his *seemingly* unmotivated and unproductive tenure here, then any strife he feels subjected to is all squarely on him. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jamesr said:

Question - if you got drafted #11 overall to play left tackle in the NFL, would you contribute?. 

if the Jets ever drafted this 50 year old white guy #11 overall in the draft, I will promise to immediately come on to this site and apologize to each and every one of you for the lack of contributions imminent. (Right after running to the bank and cashing that first check)

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

I don't. Not a twitter following guy. While I will agree that anyone poking at him on his own social media page is low and cruel, I won't concede the larger point that he should be beyond criticism. If he is perusing forums such as this one where disgruntled fans of a hapless franchise are griping about the sunk cost in his *seemingly* unmotivated and unproductive tenure here, then any strife he feels subjected to is all squarely on him. 

Not to mention theres a "delete account" option on Twitter, which is already the cesspool of humanity. 

17 minutes ago, freestater said:

I was more responding to your comment ‘that’s what you get’..  As if he is deserving of the cruelty.  He is not.

I absolutely agree with your broader point about fair criticism.  No issues there.  

The guy had a very good rookie year and got hurt last year.  Does he deserve criticism for not coming into camp in shape and seemingly having a tough time getting back on the field.  Yes, both criticism and doubt.  I just think it’s beyond fair criticism and doubt.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How is this crap to Jets fans

Though its fitting in a thread complaining about someone being too sensitive 

That one of our best players of all time (maybe 2nd to Namath?) played one year for one of our arch-rivals helped them win a SB?  That doesn't annoy you to some degree?  Not saying I blame Revis btw.  Just that it's another crap taco (taco Tuesday) that Jet fans have to eat.

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im with you BUT after taxes Becton probably has about 4$ million in the bank.   I have tons of normal clients with this level of savings/net worth.   At 23, it wont go very far I assure you.  So i dont see him as a spoiled millionaire, I see him as I see MANY athletes early in their cross roads.  He is closer to being broke than rich if he is not careful here.  

He got almost 11 million in signing bonus and has an average salary of roughly 4 million per.   How many of your clients had 5 to 6 million after taxes before their first day of work at 23 and makes 4 million per?

Sure there are lots of people who save and invest and have portfolio's that are well over 10 million.  Becton might well go broke.   He is also in position to be a high earner and have a 5 plus million dollar portfolio at 23 years old which if invested okay should double every 7 years.    Without doing a lot of fancy footwork he's likely to have 30 plus million in the bank if he properly invests the original bonus after taxes and lives on all his salary going forward.  He can save a portion of his salary going forward. 

He's a very young kid who has an amazing opportunity to be a deca-millionaire for his entire life.  He will be in position to take care of his family, send his kids to great schools and enjoy all life has to offer.   All he has to do is apply himself to his kraft and get a second contract.  The bonus for him is if he gets himself in good shape and reduces his weight he will be in position to be rich and live a long full life. 

I have been very critical and I worry about a young kid like him with serious weight issues.  The flip side of that is he has an incredible opportunity.   Not just to be a great football player but to be very wealthy, take care of his family and improve his health and well being.  Good habits including saving and investing, exercise and diet are developed.  The younger you develop them the better off you are.  I've been all over Becton because of his weight and because he has tapped out of games.  The flip side of that is he has an amazing opportunity to not just shut me up but to have an amazingly good life.  

FYI the end of your football career isn't the end of your ability to earn and live a healthy lifestyle.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I was more responding to your comment ‘that’s what you get’..  As if he is deserving of the cruelty.  He is not.

I absolutely agree with your broader point about fair criticism.  No issues there.  

The guy had a very good rookie year and got hurt last year.  Does he deserve criticism for not coming into camp in shape and seemingly having a tough time getting back on the field.  Yes, both criticism and doubt.  I just think it’s beyond fair criticism and doubt.  

Agreed, probably poorly written on my part. I'm with you on attacking the kid on social media. "That's what you get" was concerning the criticism in general. The social media harassment is akin to leaving nasty voicemails on someone's home phone. (To further illustrate what an old out-of-touch geriatric i am, I remember phones attached to walls and use it for reference) ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That one of our best players of all time (maybe 2nd to Namath?) played one year for one of our arch-rivals helped them win a SB?  That doesn't annoy you to some degree?  Not saying I blame Revis btw.  Just that it's another crap taco (taco Tuesday) that Jet fans have to eat.

It doesnt annoy me in any way

Revis was a FA who would have signed with the Jets if they had any interest and made an offer.  They didnt and he went to the Pats who made the highest offer.  I dont get it, we weren't winning the SB with Revis and the Pats didnt win the SB because they had Revis.

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Agreed, probably poorly written on my part. I'm with you on attacking the kid on social media. "That's what you get" was concerning the criticism in general. The social media harassment is akin to leaving nasty voicemails on someone's home phone. (To further illustrate what an old out-of-touch geriatric i am, I remember phones attached to walls and use it for reference) ?

Me too my friend.  I’m only a few years behind you at age 47.  Those rotary phones were quite the technology..

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Me too my friend.  I’m only a few years behind you at age 47.  Those rotary phones were quite the technology..

I had access to the chimney chase in my house from a panel in my bedroom upstairs. We were throwing out the old rotary phone after getting a high tech, very impressive pushbutton phone. Being rather handy, I fished a line down to the phone terminal in the basement and used it to hook up the old phone that was getting tossed. I had a phone in my bedroom! I was the coolest muthahucka in eighth grade!

• Haha 1