Revis gives encouragement to Becton

16 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Well, thank you so much for bringing some of that cesspool here. Well done. Mission accomplished I guess. 

I've never been on Twitter a day of my life. If you think I'm a part of the cesspool here, you dont read enough peoples comments. 

Grow some thick skin. 

He just needs to learn to ignore when some miserable Jet fans call him fat and out of shape. That’s it! Don’t engage with these goofs, end of problem. He will go back and forth with complete strangers who are probably fat and out of shape as well.  Even better, get off twitter.

14 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's in many ways still a kid. You seem like an empathic, mature sort of fellow. I'm sure you can find it in your pea-sized soul to be a bit more tolerant and less of a tough guy. Ironically, I'm beginning to like Becton more for his sincerity. I hope he finds his a way to build on the promise he showed as a rookie.

And how much does that "kid" get paid ??? I'm guessing that the people who post in here work for a living.  And for most, it is not a multi million dollar pay check either.  If we don't perform on our jobs, the rent/mortgage does not get paid, food does not go on the table, kids don't get college money, etc...  Our employers wont give us the type of sympathy that you think should be given to a "kid" making millions.  The pink slip would be issued to us hard and cold.  We all know how the world works.  Be valuable, or you'll be gone.

Same deal for Big Ticket.

Hump or hit the bricks.  

At least he'd waddle away with a few million in his pocket.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like to see this from Darrelle too.  I also like that he encouraged Whitehead to come here.   Seems like he feels like he's a Jet at heart.

Still such a kick in the teeth that he won a SB as a Patriot but we've dealt with plenty of crap as Jet fans.

This is the most leadership Revis has shown in his life 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It doesnt annoy me in any way

Revis was a FA who would have signed with the Jets if they had any interest and made an offer.  They didnt and he went to the Pats who made the highest offer.  I dont get it, we weren't winning the SB with Revis and the Pats didnt win the SB because they had Revis.

My guess is that you're in the minority on this stance.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

There are two kinds of people in this world: people who feel the overwhelming desire to clap back at trolls on social media, and people who are lying.

Three kinds. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

A mature and confident adult knows better to even do more than glance at his mentions. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

And how much does that "kid" get paid ??? I'm guessing that the people who post in here work for a living.  And for most, it is not a multi million dollar pay check either.  If we don't perform on our jobs, the rent/mortgage does not get paid, food does not go on the table, kids don't get college money, etc...  Our employers wont give us the type of sympathy that you think should be given to a "kid" making millions.  The pink slip would be issued to us hard and cold.  We all know how the world works.  Be valuable, or you'll be gone.

Hump or hit the bricks.  

Who's arguing otherwise? Except for the unnecessary "waddle" thrown in for spite. I have no problem with criticism of performance on the field, and there was no doubt that Becton struggled both in training camp and in his brief stint on the field. Or that his performance may cost him his job. Fair enough. All the other ugly BS that internet tough guys lob like they were back in junior high school is a waste of breath and speaks poorly of them as people. And I wasn't aware that someone's income, whether too high or too low, is justification for bitter vitriol. Again, that says more about the speaker than whom they are speaking about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He got almost 11 million in signing bonus and has an average salary of roughly 4 million per.   How many of your clients had 5 to 6 million after taxes before their first day of work at 23 and makes 4 million per?

Sure there are lots of people who save and invest and have portfolio's that are well over 10 million.  Becton might well go broke.   He is also in position to be a high earner and have a 5 plus million dollar portfolio at 23 years old which if invested okay should double every 7 years.    Without doing a lot of fancy footwork he's likely to have 30 plus million in the bank if he properly invests the original bonus after taxes and lives on all his salary going forward.  He can save a portion of his salary going forward. 

FYI the end of your football career isn't the end of your ability to earn and live a healthy lifestyle.

I am a fairly successful Certified Financial Planner (and CPA) and I do this for a living.  The number of retired NFL players within the last 10 years that are broke far outweigh the one's who are in good shape. If invested OK is the key.  Imagine he spends 200 to 250K a year, makes a few bad investments etc.  What is he qualified to do? He could easily go broke or easily double, I agree.   

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Hump or hit the bricks.  

Ho many people watch you work every day?  My guess is that if we all watched you at work, a good number of us would question your effort and abilities on some days.  What I don't get is why people criticize this kid when the worst thing he has done so far is have another 300 lb person fall on the back of his leg and struggle some in practice last August.  Yet people idolize complete POS players like Terrell Owens and selfish players who only cared about money like Revis.  Give me a break.  How about we let the kid get in shape and play this upcoming season before we write him off.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Who's arguing otherwise? Except for the unnecessary "waddle" thrown in for spite. I have no problem with criticism of performance on the field, and there was no doubt that Becton struggled both in training camp and in his brief stint on the field. Or that his performance may cost him his job. Fair enough. All the other ugly BS that internet tough guys lob like they were back in junior high school is a waste of breath and speaks poorly of them as people. And I wasn't aware that someone's income, whether too high or too low, is justification for bitter vitriol. Again, that says more about the speaker than whom they are speaking about.

"spite"  "bitter vitriol" "back in Junior high school"  

I'm guessing you never played organized sports or worked in a competitive environment.  If you are triggered by "waddle" you'd be dead after a few weeks of what others shoulder most every day. 

I'm sorry If I wounded your inner child.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

He just needs to learn to ignore when some miserable Jet fans call him fat and out of shape. That’s it! Don’t engage with these goofs, end of problem. He will go back and forth with complete strangers who are probably fat and out of shape as well.  Even better, get off twitter.

The coaching staff got on him for this very thing. The noise on social media is irrelevant and if it bothers him then he should get off of it. He’s creating a distraction by engaging. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Ho many people watch you work every day?  

Great question.  And I have an answer for you.  The company I have been employed by for 25 years has over 325 other employees.  And EVERYONE of them sees my performance.  That's right.  Sr. Execs have their monthly performance figures published every month for all to see in the company bulletin.  Right next to all the results of the other Execs.  It is done to inform, congratulate and also to shame/embarrass. 

Like I said... It's hump or hit the bricks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I've never been on Twitter a day of my life. If you think I'm a part of the cesspool here, you dont read enough peoples comments. 

Grow some thick skin. 

No, you’re right. I’m the problem. I need to bring out my inner man-child and mock the weight of a guy who’s half my age on a platform where he can’t defend himself and I’m anonymous so there’s no consequences for my actions.    

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I am a fairly successful Certified Financial Planner (and CPA) and I do this for a living.  The number of retired NFL players within the last 10 years that are broke far outweigh the one's who are in good shape. If invested OK is the key.  Imagine he spends 200 to 250K a year, makes a few bad investments etc.  What is he qualified to do? He could easily go broke or easily double, I agree.   

The number is under 16%  file after 12 years from retirement.  Not sure what percent were 1st round picks?  I'm assuming it's less.   Becton is 23 years old.  He can literally do whatever he wants to do including going to graduate school and becoming a financial planner.    He's got a lot of say in what happens to him.  He's not a victim he's a very fortunate young man who has enough seed money to do something special with his life.   He has control over his life narative.   

He has enough money that after he retires he could easily go back to school and get qualified to do almost anything he wants to do.  There are lots of former players with Law and business  degrees.  

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The number is under 16%  file after 12 years from retirement.  Not sure what percent were 1st round picks?  I'm assuming it's less.   Becton is 23 years old.  He can literally do whatever he wants to do including going to graduate school and becoming a financial planner.    He's got a lot of say in what happens to him.  He's not a victim he's a very fortunate young man who has enough seed money to do something special with his life.   He has control over his life narative.   

He has enough money that after he retires he could easily go back to school and get qualified to do almost anything he wants to do.  There are lots of former players with Law and business  degrees.  

I hope he has a long JETS career... but if he is out of the league in say 3 years, I would bet he will be in financial trouble at some point. But yes, the world is in his control.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"spite"  "bitter vitriol" "back in Junior high school"  

I'm guessing you never played organized sports or worked in a competitive environment.  If you are triggered by "waddle" you'd be dead after a few weeks of what others shoulder most every day. 

I'm sorry If I wounded your inner child.  

Actually did all of them over the past many years. I'm not triggered by your juvenile nonsense, simply calling it what it is. You wounded my inner adult.

12 minutes ago, the Claw said:

No, you’re right. I’m the problem. I need to bring out my inner man-child and mock the weight of a guy who’s half my age on a platform where he can’t defend himself and I’m anonymous so there’s no consequences for my actions.    

Yes. I am.

I'm not on his twitter page mocking him, nor engaging him at all (and for clarification I dont think anyone should be saying anything to him on Twitter in the first place, AND he shouldnt even be reading what they say on top of that)

But here's the kicker. We are talking on an internetttttt messageeeeee boardddddddd.

Keep your fake altruistic BS at home. Holier than thou internet crusaders arent any better than trash talkers. 

• Upvote 2

For sure the best thing to do is acknowledge the difficulty and mental health struggles that can come from the pressure and then double down on the criticism because "**** The World he's rich already".  Certainly one shouldn't make small personal changes to make anything better in the world, that would be LUDICROUS!  Tell that fat **** to get out of the ice cream shack and doing burpees, amiright????

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Hump or hit the bricks.  

If my employer called me a fat lazy sh*t, I’d kick his ass.  

Making money does not require you be the butt of personal attacks.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Actually did all of them over the past many years. I'm not triggered by your juvenile nonsense, simply calling it what it is. You wounded my inner adult.

And those that profess to be monuments of maturity between episodes of virtue signaling always turn out to be.  HYPOCRITES. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Origen said:

For sure the best thing to do is acknowledge the difficulty and mental health struggles that can come from the pressure and then double down on the criticism because "**** The World he's rich already".  Certainly one shouldn't make small personal changes to make anything better in the world, that would be LUDICROUS!  Tell that fat **** to get out of the ice cream shack and doing burpees, amiright????

Or simply log off of twitter so strangers who don’t matter can’t interact with you 

37 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes. I am.

I'm not on his twitter page mocking him, nor engaging him at all (and for clarification I dont think anyone should be saying anything to him on Twitter in the first place, AND he shouldnt even be reading what they say on top of that)

But here's the kicker. We are talking on an internetttttt messageeeeee boardddddddd.

Keep your fake altruistic BS at home. Holier than thou internet crusaders arent any better than trash talkers. 

God your narcissism knows no bounds.

No, you’re not on Twitter, but like I said, you’re bringing that cesspool here. You want to criticize Becton for his performance, cool. You want to take that further and make personal jokes about the dude on an “internet message board” then expect some push back. If you can't handle that then maybe YOU need some “thicker skin.” I refuse to make accommodations for you just because you refuse to not be a self-righteous flog. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Or simply log off of twitter so strangers who don’t matter can’t interact with you 

Yes, something the kids are so good at these days: Logging out and walking away from the noise.  Certainly Not our Responsibility to act like human beings to others when given the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Origen said:

Yes, something the kids are so good at these days: Logging out and walking away from the noise.  Certainly Not our Responsibility to act like human beings to others when given the opportunity.

Every athlete who has an active social media gets trolls. I’m sure Brady’s is filled with them.  A bit over dramatic.

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

If my employer called me a fat lazy sh*t, I’d kick his ass.  

Making money does not require you be the butt of personal attacks.  

A superior in most business environments would not use that type of language to antagonize or censure a subordinate.  If you assaulted a superior or peer on the job that was critical of your work, you'd lose your employment and most probably get arrested.  Then, there would be legal fees and possibly a civil suit.  You'd also have a hard time finding a new job afterwards  Or, perhaps the person you tried to assault may defend themselves. 

Fantasy based suggestions like that come from inexperienced kids or adults with maturity issues. 

It might feel good for a second to pound an abuser, but it is not practicable. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Every athlete who has an active social media gets trolls. I’m sure Brady’s is filled with them.  A bit over dramatic.

Yes, my point is that if we here are acknowledging the issue, why not do something about it?  Or is it more fun to be hypocritical and such? 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, because he has money, he should be totally fine with being harassed and kicked while he’s down? Also, perhaps, any issues he has as a young adult should poof away?

I mean, you’re one of the most sensitive posters on JN, does that mean you’re broke?

He's in show business.  What the public has to say comes along with the job and the big media money.  If you cant deal with rejection don't become a sales professional.   If you don't want to get punched, don't become a boxer.  If you don't want to deal with public criticism, don't become a professional athlete, 

5 minutes ago, Origen said:

Yes, my point is that if we here are acknowledging the issue, why not do something about it?  Or is it more fun to be hypocritical and such? 

Do what? Ask the planet to be nicer to one another? Or tell the pro athlete to block out irrelevant noise?

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Three kinds. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

A mature and confident adult knows better to even do more than glance at his mentions. 

I'm betting that quote does not originate where I remember it from...

but I remember that quote from Game of Thrones uttered by a proud man that could not accept his brilliant dwarf son because of the 'opinion of sheep'. 

Everyone likes to pretend they're above it all but we're pack animals - of course we care what people think. 

• Upvote 1