The last 20 Jets Drafts (2002-2021) produced 0 Wide Receivers in the 1st Round

Furthermore, in the last quarter of a century of NFL Drafts (1997-2021) the New York Jets have drafted a receiver in the first round just 2 times.

Santana Moss (2001 NFL Draft) and Keyshawn Johnson (1996 NFL Draft) are the last two wide receivers the Jets have drafted in round numero uno.

Will 2022 be the Jets Draft that breaks their 20 year drought for drafting a wide receiver in round 1?

Yes or No

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Furthermore, in the last quarter of a century of NFL Drafts (1997-2021) the New York Jets have drafted a receiver in the first round just 2 times.

Santana Moss (2001 NFL Draft) and Keyshawn Johnson (1996 NFL Draft) are the last two wide receivers the Jets have drafted. 

Will 2022 be the Jets Draft that breaks their 20 year drought for drafting a wide receiver in round 1?

Yes or No

*rubs his hands together* I've been waiting patiently for this milestone to reach the two decade mark... 

No other team has a streak like this. Not even by a country mile... would be very Jets to break this streak in the weakest WR in a decade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I get that a lot of people feel this WR class is weak, but the thing about the "weakest WR draft in a decade" is that it only takes one WR to make a huge difference. This could be a relatively weak WR class, but if the Jets are sitting there at 10 and feel that there is a really good future NFL WR there, they should take him, regardless of how weak the class is. 

i think the problem happens if wilson goes before 10 and the jets don’t love any other wr to take at 10 or even in a trade back.  Sure it only takes one, but will the jets pick that one?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I get that a lot of people feel this WR class is weak, but the thing about the "weakest WR draft in a decade" is that it only takes one WR to make a huge difference. This could be a relatively weak WR class, but if the Jets are sitting there at 10 and feel that there is a really good future NFL WR there, they should take him, regardless of how weak the class is. 

We'll get London and he'll be Justin McCareins.

• Haha 1

If there is a WR they really like at 10, then pick him.  The most important thing is that JD hits on at least 3 of the first 4 picks, as in instant, impact starters.  Get good players.

4 seems too early.  Hopefully JD can trade back from 4....unless someone falls there who he really likes.  But that player needs to turn out to be really good.

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To be fair if you looked at the receivers  drafted in the last 20 years by every other team Keyshawn and Moss were nice players but not remembered by anyone other that’s fans of the teams they played for. Hell, Keyshawn chasing Justin Bieber in their cars is literally what most remember him for now. 

So weak NFL receiver class? Seems kind of perfect to me. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Santana Moss (2001 NFL Draft) and Keyshawn Johnson (1996 NFL Draft) are the last two wide receivers the Jets have drafted in round numero uno.

Yes or No

I hope so, and I hope it's Wilson.  I'm all in, homer style, on Wilson.

It's appalling how poor our team's track record is drafting WR's.  Look at all the bad 2nd rounders, the Mims, the Hill's, the guys so bad who played so little I've forgotten their names, lol.

When you see us as a near-permanent bottom-of-NFL in passing team, how little we're really invested, draft wise, in good young WR's is at least a factor. 

Most of what our "I'm smarter than everyone else, I'll trade down and get the guy everyone else is missing on, like Mims" GM's have picked has been utter trash.  

• Upvote 2

Big ******* deal.  Part of the reason for this is that the Jets were solid at WR.  Coles was good and here for a long time.  So was Cotchery.  They paid free agents or traded for guys like Edwards, Holmes, Marshall and Decker.  Chrebet was there until 2005.  Kerley was a solid receiver selected later on.  There were some lean years -  2012 in particular comes to mind, but when you draft for need you end up with Stephen Hill, and Mims.  

Yes, the Vikings got Jefferson to replace Diggs, but they also drafted Lequan Treadwall.  The Lions drafted Megatron, but in four years before that they burned top 10 picks on Mike and Roy Willaims and Charles Rogers.  Is that something to emulate?  

33 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Big ******* deal.  Part of the reason for this is that the Jets were solid at WR.  Coles was good and here for a long time.  So was Cotchery.  They paid free agents or traded for guys like Edwards, Holmes, Marshall and Decker.  Chrebet was there until 2005.  Kerley was a solid receiver selected later on.  There were some lean years -  2012 in particular comes to mind, but when you draft for need you end up with Stephen Hill, and Mims.  

Yes, the Vikings got Jefferson to replace Diggs, but they also drafted Lequan Treadwall.  The Lions drafted Megatron, but in four years before that they burned top 10 picks on Mike and Roy Willaims and Charles Rogers.  Is that something to emulate?  

Most of the last decade the Jets have awful at WR. Bottom of the league awful. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Most of the last decade the Jets have had awful QB play.  Bottom of the league awful.  I am not arguing that they have handled the position well, but using 1st rounders isn't a cure all. 

Right, they have been bad at QB. Part of that has been a complete lack of help given to them. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, wouldn't disagree with that. Doesn't alter the fact that I feel short changed after 2 decades of passing on obvious talent, for them to wake up from the couch-snooze on "meh" year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, wouldn't disagree with that. Doesn't alter the fact that I feel short changed after 2 decades of passing on obvious talent, for them to wake up from the couch-snooze on "meh" year. 

Yep, we definitely should have taken a WR in the Idzik draft and the Becton draft. 

Although, in the Becton draft, I understand why we did what we did. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

you lately ?

tumblr_n1vdppGrZk1tucwq5o1_400.gif

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  That was a pick for Gase system.  Mims is a fish out of water in this system.

You guys can keep harping on a draft Gase ran or see what Douglas + Saleh did last year and realize that is our future.

great so u are saying our future is 4 win teams, zero division wins and finishing in the bottom 5 in the league? I miss the 7 win team gase gave us that is how bad joe's team is