Stop with the disrespect

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I can't shake this feeling that we are going to pass on Thibs only for him to turn into a star with the Giants. 

For months all we heard was that Thibs was a top 2 pick in this daft and now people act like's he's borderline undrafttable. I don't have a huge opinion on the edge rushers, but I just think it's interesting how narratives develop and change over time. 

I am old enough to remember when Jets fans were jealous of guys like Odell and Saquon. One is gone, the other has one foot out the door. I am done worrying about a franchise that is in worse shape than us. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I can't shake this feeling that we are going to pass on Thibs only for him to turn into a star with the Giants. 

For months all we heard was that Thibs was a top 2 pick in this daft and now people act like's he's borderline undraftable. I don't have a huge opinion on the edge rushers, but I just think it's interesting how narratives develop and change in such a short period of time. The guy gives a few questionable interviews and everyone hates him. IDK. 

I don't believe that he will be there at 4. Thats why im taking JJ

• Upvote 2

"I think the only question mark on me is that I've had (only) this past year of one solid year of really good production," Johnson said. "That's a question mark, but I think if I had the same snaps before, I would have done the same thing. If I did it two years consecutively, I don't think it would be a question."

"My meeting with Seattle kind of gave me a different (perspective) on that," Johnson explained. "[Seahawks coach] Pete Carroll, he just said in front of everyone, he's like, 'so we're not going to judge him off any of the years of college (prior to Florida State). Last year is who you were.'

"Coming in from junior college to Georgia, a lot of complications can happen. For him to know right off the bat, like, 'let's not judge him on some different complications. Let's judge him on when he's in a comfortable environment and when he's being used the right way, when he's happy.' That made me feel really good."

"Getting in front of people and actually explaining my journey, answering questions, it was pretty evident," Johnson said of his interviews with NFL teams during the week. "I just needed to be in the right place, being played and actually being able to be the Jermaine Johnson I know I am for a team."

Seems Johnson and some teams are de-emphasizing his time at Georgia because of how he was used there. Huh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Only negative is that he is 23 years old as compared to Walker 21, Karlaftis 20, Thibs 21 with similar skill sets

Walker does not have a similar skill set nor does karlaftis, thibs perhaps

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Defense Wins Championships!

They did something in the new update so you can't @ him, only his alts. Which sucks more than it should

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Meh...23 vs. 21, 20 doesn't matter to me....as long as they can rush the passer.  I'll worry about what his production will be later in his career....later in his career.

Good pass rushers can do the job into their 30s.  Just look at Von Miller and Chandler Jones.

I would tend to agree. If his age is the only (slight) negative, I would be fine with Douglas choosing him at #4

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Walker does not have a similar skill set nor does karlaftis, thibs perhaps

Johnson's numbers went up when he transferred to Florida State from Georgia. Georgia rotates thier lineman  on passing downs they moved Walker.inside. Walker is bigger, faster and stronger than Johnson. More upside. That's why he goes before Johnson

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, genot said:

Johnson's numbers went up when he transferred to Florida State from Georgia. Georgia rotates thier lineman  on passing downs they moved Walker.inside. Walker is bigger, faster and stronger than Johnson. More upside. That's why he goes before Johnson

You watched Walker with your eyes closed?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

This is the Edge we need to draft.

And please stop with the Travon Walker nonsense. You can't even compare what these two put in the tape!

for a minute i thought zuniga and polite came from the same school.  3 times a charm?  but they didn't.  maybe a good player.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Meh...23 vs. 21, 20 doesn't matter to me....as long as they can rush the passer.  I'll worry about what his production will be later in his career....later in his career.

Good pass rushers can do the job into their 30s.  Just look at Von Miller and Chandler Jones.

Great post.

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You watched Walker with your eyes closed?

You didn't even know or analyze, (and neither did i) Walker during the college season. Cmon. All the teams who have been breaking down the tape don't look at Walker the way you do. I'll tell you that 

32 minutes ago, genot said:

I keep seeing this comment as a justification for Walker.

Everyone who plays at georgia and then transfers anywhere is as awesome hidden pass rushing gem being held back by the evil coach kirby smart.

That is some huge stretch imo. 

Johnson also had 34 solo tackles to walkers 19 and 2 forced fumbles to walkers 0

Walkers popularity as a pass rusher seems to be based on hopes and dreams rather than actual production and looking like a pass rusher.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I keep seeing this comment as a justification for Walker.

Everyone who plays at georgia and then transfers anywhere is as awesome hidden pass rushing gem being held back by the evil coach kirby smart.

That is some huge stretch imo. 

Johnson also had 34 solo tackles to walkers 19 and 2 forced fumbles to walkers 0

Walkers popularity as a pass rusher seems to be based on hopes and dreams rather than actual production and looking like a pass rusher.

Johnson was exclusively an end Walker moved around. They even dropped him into coverage. 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

The only concern I’d have about his age would be that he only had one great year of production and that it happened when he was a full grown 23 year old man playing against OL a couple or few years younger. That’s not a physical advantage he’s likely to have in the pros. Not saying it’s a massive red flag or anything, but something I’d want to investigate before selecting him. 

• Upvote 4

the Jets defense (Saleh SF 4-3) needs Jermaine Johnson more than it needs Sauce Gardner or Kyle Hamilton

Saleh probably hate Thibs (who is falling) 

Assuming Ikey and Hutch are gone a Drake London/JJ first round feels accurate for the Jets  

• Upvote 2