Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?

Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)
  2. 2. (Assuming the Pats were going to win the 2014 Superbowl with or without Revis) If you had your preference, would your prefer that Revis be on that Superbowl winning Patriots team?

• Yes, I'd prefer that Revis was on that team.
    • No, I'd prefer that Revis wasn't on that team
    • It makes no difference to me either way
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other questions in this poll

10 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Honestly am impartial towards it, I dont like that he won a superbowl with the pats because I hate the pats, but if anyone loses sleep over that it might be time to evaluate how much players really care about you. 

Not saying I'm losing sleep over it but I don't love it.  One of our all-time great players and his sole moment of glory was with one of our arch-enemies.

I get most players don't really care about the fans (they treat their job as a career - which they absolutely should) but people have no reason whatsoever to even care about sports in the first place, yet we all do (so it's only a matter of degree).

• Sympathy 1

I lost all respect for Revis after a training camp "incident" when he stopped practicing because of dizziness, which he later admitted was b/s.  Just an attempt to leverage the team into paying him more money.   After that, I understood the guy was a POS and never again cared about him or his life.  He was a bought and sold dildo.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Darrelle Revis' worst offense was wanting to be paid what he was worth

his hold out he was "Revis Islanding" reinventing the position while being the 7th highest paid DB on the roster. At one point Eric Smith (mediocre safety from Michigan State) was scheduled to get paid more than Revis. That was ludicrous. 

i understand why he held out, why he kept butting heads with Jets FO and also I'm happy he got his ring. It doesn't even really bother me it was a Pats ring because Revis is a HOF player who deserved a ring. and the Pats winning or losing doesn't have anything to do with my happiness. If it's not a Jets win I'm not happy. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, many are.  No doubt.

I think the point I'm getting at here - As good as Revis was I wouldn't consider retiring his number or putting him in the ring of honor - or things like having a " Darrelle Revis Day"

But I do agree, those types of players are few and far between now a days.  

I would hope they are far and few, otherwise we would run out of days!

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not saying I'm losing sleep over it but I don't love it.  One of our all-time great players and his sole moment of glory was with one of our arch-enemies.

I get most players don't really care about the fans (they treat their job as a career - which they absolutely should) but people have no reason whatsoever to even care about sports in the first place, yet we all do (so it's only a matter of degree).

Yeah I get what your saying and agree to an extent. Honestly watching how people were vigorously defending the players in the MLB lockout like they knew them has made me very prone to thinking people think they are friends with the players ?

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, many are.  No doubt.

I think the point I'm getting at here - As good as Revis was I wouldn't consider retiring his number or putting him in the ring of honor - or things like having a " Darrelle Revis Day"

But I do agree, those types of players are few and far between now a days.  

He absolutely deserves to be in the ring of honor.   Especially after he goes into the HOF

He played enough, hell he played here about the same # of games as a Klecko, didnt he?

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These points have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.  

I give you that I could've worded it better for what the question was asked.  But my statement translates to neither painful or annoying. 

Revis damaged his image as an iconic Jet by going to our arch nemesis and winning a Superbowl. Had he not gone to New England, he might have his jersey retired here and he’d be a Jets legend in everybody’s mind.

So while he is a Jet and he is going to go into the hall as a Jet, there’s a little asterisk for Jet fans IMHO

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He absolutely deserves to be in the ring of honor.   Especially after he goes into the HOF

He played enough, hell he played here about the same # of games as a Klecko, didnt he?

I disagree and we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  

There is nothing that would possibly change my mind on this.  

Take it a step further - It might actually be the last straw for me as a fan of this franchise - I honestly feel that strongly about it, that it's probably a walk away point.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Revis damaged his image as an iconic Jet by going to our arch nemesis and winning a Superbowl. Had he not gone to New England, he might have his jersey retired here and he’d be a Jets legend in everybody’s mind.

So while he is a Jet and he is going to go into the hall as a Jet, there’s a little asterisk for Jet fans IMHO

Thats for the same type fan who also thinks we play our games in the Giants stadium

I keep asking, Revis was a FA, the Jets and no one else stepped up except for the Pats who offered $20M.  What was he supposed to do, say no thanks, I was a Jet and I'm thinking some of their fans would get pissed and maybe even put an asterisk next to my name.  ?

1 minute ago, Kolchak said:

I give you that I could've worded it better for what the question was asked.  But my statement translates to neither painful or annoying. 

I could've worded my question better too.  I should've just said something like "does it bother you that Revis won a SB with the Pats?"   

I just didn't want people to respond "no" solely due to having respect for whatever his career decisions were (e.g. can't fault the man for signing with the team that paid him the most $$$).  Of course, I hold no grudge against him for signing with the Pats.  I just don't love that the pinnacle of his career was winning a SB with one of our arch-enemies.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats for the same type fan who also thinks we play our games in the Giants stadium

I keep asking, Revis was a FA, the Jets and no one else stepped up except for the Pats who offered $20M.  What was he supposed to do, say no thanks, I was a Jet and I'm thinking some of their fans would get pissed and maybe even put an asterisk next to my name.  ?

I specifically said in my question to put aside the business aspect of the sport.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not saying that he was wrong for doing so - I'm sure it was nice to go win a Superbowl... but from the pure Jet fans perspective I think it is what it is. He's still a hall of famer that was a born and raised Jet, it's just unfortunate that he left and got a ring with Belichick and Brady - just traitorous.

If Brady had left New England and won a Superbowl with the Jets instead of Tampa Bay, I bet they'd feel similarly

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I disagree and we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  

There is nothing that would possibly change my mind on this.  

Take it a step further - It might actually be the last straw for me as a fan of this franchise - I honestly feel that strongly about it, that it's probably a walk away point.

You can disagree.

If you want to die on this topic as the last straw, start your goodbyes, there isnt a chance he doesnt go into the Ring of Honor

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I could've worded my question better too.  I should've just said something like "does it bother you that Revis won a SB with the Pats?"   

I just didn't want people to respond "no" solely due to having respect for whatever his career decisions were (e.g. can't fault the man for signing with the team that paid him the most $$$).  Of course, I hold no grudge against him for signing with the Pats.  I just don't love that the pinnacle of his career was winning a SB with one of our arch-enemies.

There's nothing good about Revis winning with the Pats, that's for sure!  It's certainly not what I would've scripted.  No Jets fan would.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I specifically said in my question to put aside the business aspect of the sport.  

My thinking is that given the Jets didnt make an offer, no one but the Pats did, its not the business side of the sport.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can disagree.

If you want to die on this topic as the last straw, start your goodbyes, there isnt a chance he doesnt go into the Ring of Honor

You may very well be right, but I'm likely done at that point.  

It would a very sorry day in the history of a franchise full of them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm old school.  

You don't sign with your old team's rivals.

If you do, you're dead to us.

Happened with Revis and the Jets, when he became a Pat.

Happened with Harper and the Nats, when he became a Philly.

Kids today may not care, same way the players of today most don't seem to care either.

But I do.  Screw Revis, he's a Pat in my eyes, not a Jet.  Hope he goes intot he HOF (which he deserves) wearing a Pats hat.

I respect other fans feel differently, and as this is a 100% "feelings" issue, we may not all even be consistent about it.

For example, I don't hate Scherzer for signing with the Mets since we traded him, and we're in rebuild mode anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You may very well be right, but I'm likely done at that point.  

It would a very sorry day in the history of a franchise full of them.  

I’ll bet when they do you’ll be right here like all of us after saying we’re done. ?

• Haha 1

I have no problem with Revis holding out earlier in his career and don't consider him a greedy SOB like some Jets fans do.  At the time he was one of the best players in the league maybe the best defensive player. I just didn't like how he finished up his career with us and his poor performances in the latter part of his career with us. But since he was maybe our best ever player it does grate me that he played with them.

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I lost all respect for Revis after a training camp "incident" when he stopped practicing because of dizziness, which he later admitted was b/s.  Just an attempt to leverage the team into paying him more money.   After that, I understood the guy was a POS and never again cared about him or his life.  He was a bought and sold dildo.

THIS^^^^^^. .. His 1st holdout I get. Second and all the BS???   Fukk him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1