Mel Kipers Mock Draft 3.0 :-)

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, It would be the best WR in the draft.  Certainly from the Jets perspective.  As he would be the first WR off the board.  Big target, that plays big - in a run first offense is important - understanding the size of the current WR's - is valuable.

And the best CB in the draft...or best non-safety DB in the draft.

So Gardner > Sauce? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

There's a false notion that Sauce should be the one drafted 1st due to your PFF, ProFootballNetwork, Draft Machine (thedraftnetwork.com) draft simulators. 

Below are 3 highly prestigious analysis. All 3 have Gardner going 10th overall to the Jets! Not one of these guys had him earlier or later. This is where they had London.

Daniel Jeremiah's (7th)

Todd McShay (8th)

Mel Kiper (4th) Jets!

Anything can happen and they could be wrong, however it isn't crazy to believe that that London could go prior to Sauce in the event they were both selected to the Jets. 

Would love to draft Sauce at #10, even if we draft defense at #4.   I've read that there is depth in this WR class.

14 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I have little doubt edge will be the pick at 4 or 10. Salehs defense needs two viable edge rushers to work. At this point, lawson is all we have and who knows how he looks post injury. If we don't take edge at either of those picks id be completely shocked.

A bona filed elite edge would be key to have and I would be in favor of drafting one at number 4 if there was one.  The pass rushers that are first round rated in this draft are not impressive.  I'd pass.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson

2. Detroit Lions: Notre Dame S Kyle Hamilton Nope

3. Houston Texans: NC State OT Ikem Ekwonu 

4. New York Jets: USC WR Drake London Not gonna happen

5. New York Giants: Alabama OT Evan Neal

6. Carolina Panthers: Georgia DE Travon Walker

7. New York Giants (via CHI): Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux

8. Atlanta Falcons: Ohio State WR Garrett Wilson Spelled Jameson Williams wrong

9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN): Mississippi State OT Charles Cross

10. New York Jets (via SEA): Cincinnati CB Ahmad Gardner

11. Washington Commanders: LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Washington CB Trent McDuffie

13. Houston Texans (via CLE): Georgia DT Jordan Davis

14. Baltimore Ravens: Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA): Florida State DE Jermaine Johnson II

16. Philadelphia Eagles (via IND): Ohio State WR Chris Olave NOPE

17. Los Angeles Chargers: Northern Iowa OT Trevor Penning

18. New Orleans Saints: Pitt QB Kenny Pickett

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Utah LB Devin Lloyd

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Liberty QB Malik Willis

21. New England Patriots: Alabama WR Jameson Williams After Wilson, London, Olave? LOL

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV): Texas A&M OG Kenyon Green

23. Arizona Cardinals: Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt

24. Dallas Cowboys: Tulsa OT/G Tyler Smith

25. Buffalo Bills: Penn State WR Jahan Dotson WHY?

26. Tennessee Titans: Boston College OG/C Zion Johnson

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Iowa State RB Breece Hall

28. Green Bay Packers: Arkansas WR Treylon Burks

29. Miami Dolphins (via SF): Georgia LB Nakobe Dean

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Purdue DE George Karlaftis Will go much higher

31. Cincinnati Bengals: UConn DT Travis Jones

32. Detroit Lions (via LAR): Ole Miss QB Matt Corral

This mock is absolute trash

1 hour ago, Larz said:

A WR for a run first offense with 3 starter’s on the roster and a corner with no pass rush

gonna be lit 

A run first offense only exists with a lead, AND 11 personnel is still the dominant personnel alignment for every single NFL team. Having a true #1 is critical. WR remains one of our biggest needs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

I like these two players. As others have said, this is more palatable and believable if you swap them. 

How is it any different? The dynamics of value are different when you have 2 #1s 6 spots apart. The solitary difference it would make is that you pay London more than Gardner. If you love a player take him. People get completely carried away with "value" and like I said the situation is completely different with the Jets having 2 Top 10s. Say London is their Top receiver with a Top 10 grade. If they like 2 players for 10 its just 5 more picks and should be somewhat easy to gauge if 1 of them is there or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Would love to draft Sauce at #10, even if we draft defense at #4.   I've read that there is depth in this WR class.

If we're to miss out on taking a WR round one, the guy I would have favored was Dotson (PSU). But it seem like it's a slim chance he falls to pick 35. After that there isn't any prospects I would trust in our situation with Wilson at the helm. Guys like Ross, Picken and Tolbert may flourish under established QBs who are locked to throw for 4,000-4,500 yards  as anyone would. But I just can't vision any of the day 2 or 3 guys having impactful rookie seasons.

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

25. Buffalo Bills: Penn State WR Jahan Dotson

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Purdue DE George Karlaftis

Would any of you these prospect be worth trading back up?

it will be very hard for JD to pick pure BPA at 4 and 10.  He will basically need to take the best EDGE and WR.  There will be no other way to fill those positional needs.  

The screaming value is a trade down.   Just like JD wanted to trade up for AVT last year, someone will want to trade up for Cross, Hamilton, etc.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure if you were joking but he's the same guy.

Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner

Nope. Not joking.  I thought I made it clear.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So 2nd or 3rd best receiver in draft and 2nd or 3rd  best defensive back?For a run first offense that plays 4-3, cover 3 scheme in defense using the 4th and 10th overall pick? I’m a draft dummy but holy hell you people.,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jago said:

leap to the podium for sauce at 10

Will not be there at 10. Pipe dream.

I see a decent possibility that both Gardner and Thibs there at 4. If one is gone, choose the other. I guess I'm the only one on this board who wants to stay at 4. At least that's how I see it. I'll  be happy with either there.

Gardner aint dropping to 10.

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

This offseason has been an unforgettable one in the NFL. Multiple star players have found themselves on the mood, and many teams have made franchise-altering transactions during the early portions of free agency. Following the initial wave of free agency, ESPN NFL Draft expert Mel Kiper has released his NFL mock draft 3.0, featuring some significant changes throughout his projected first round.

While quarterbacks get a lot of the attention, the rest of this draft class has been seriously shaken up in Kiper’s latest NFL mock. There is a new top overall selection, which caused ripple effects throughout the entirety of the first round. It’s important to note that free agency is far from over, and there are still plenty of changes to be made across the league. But here is Kiper’s latest NFL mock draft.

Kiper’s NFL mock draft 3.0

Jacksonville Jaguars: Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson

2. Detroit Lions: Notre Dame S Kyle Hamilton

3. Houston Texans: NC State OT Ikem Ekwonu

4. New York Jets: USC WR Drake London

5. New York Giants: Alabama OT Evan Neal

6. Carolina Panthers: Georgia DE Travon Walker

7. New York Giants (via CHI): Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux

8. Atlanta Falcons: Ohio State WR Garrett Wilson

9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN): Mississippi State OT Charles Cross

10. New York Jets (via SEA): Cincinnati CB Ahmad Gardner

11. Washington Commanders: LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Washington CB Trent McDuffie

13. Houston Texans (via CLE): Georgia DT Jordan Davis

14. Baltimore Ravens: Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA): Florida State DE Jermaine Johnson II

16. Philadelphia Eagles (via IND): Ohio State WR Chris Olave

17. Los Angeles Chargers: Northern Iowa OT Trevor Penning

18. New Orleans Saints: Pitt QB Kenny Pickett

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Utah LB Devin Lloyd

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Liberty QB Malik Willis

21. New England Patriots: Alabama WR Jameson Williams

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV): Texas A&M OG Kenyon Green

23. Arizona Cardinals: Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt

24. Dallas Cowboys: Tulsa OT/G Tyler Smith

25. Buffalo Bills: Penn State WR Jahan Dotson

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Purdue DE George Karlaftis

Kiper’s latest NFL mock includes three first round quarterbacks, with none going before 18th overall. The first quarterback taken is Kenny Pickett, even after the Saints re-signed Jameis Winston to a two-year deal. Malik Willis and Matt Corral are also selected in the opening round. Kiper also has six wide receivers going in the first round, including two cracking the top ten. A running back also slides into the first round, with Breece Hall going to Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers re-signed Leonard Fournette just after the mock was released, but could still address their depth at the position in the draft.

So why is KT a fit with the Giants at 7 but not with the Jets at 4?

If you guys don't like the Kiper back - Daniel Jermiah just came out with his most recent mock: https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-packers-nab-2-receivers-in-round-1-after

The picks are......

Sauce @ 4 

London @ 10 

I actually think this makes more sense than Kipers but if you didn't like Mels you won't like this. DJs has three edges going 1,2,3 (Hutch, KT, Walker) though so I think it makes more sense than Mels who has the Jets passing on Walker and JJ. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

If you guys don't like the Kiper back - Daniel Jermiah just came out with his most recent mock: https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-packers-nab-2-receivers-in-round-1-after

The picks are......

Sauce @ 4 

London @ 10 

I actually think this makes more sense than Kipers but if you didn't like Mels you won't like this. DJs has three edges going 1,2,3 (Hutch, KT, Walker) though so I think it makes more sense than Mels who has the Jets passing on Walker and JJ. 

That makes a lot of sense to me if London performs well at his pro day. 

Esp if Wilson goes at 8. 

2 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

The picks are......

Sauce @ 4 

London @ 10 

Both DJ and Kiper know that JD is in love with Drake London.