Let's talk picks 35 and 38....

9 minutes ago, slats said:

These are, literally, the two lowest valued positions in the league. Lower than safety. They just signed two starting caliber TEs, too. Meanwhile, the team has its biggest needs at two of the highest valued positions in the league: Edge and WR. If either (or -gulp!- both) aren’t addressed in the first, they’ll need to be addressed here. LB is another big need at a more valuable position, too. 

I’m hoping they sign one of these free agent RBs in the coming days, eliminating that issue before the draft. 

Sorry @slats, he said end thread. Your post is invalid.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

These are, literally, the two lowest valued positions in the league. Lower than safety. They just signed two starting caliber TEs, too. Meanwhile, the team has its biggest needs at two of the highest valued positions in the league: Edge and WR. If either (or -gulp!- both) aren’t addressed in the first, they’ll need to be addressed here. LB is another big need at a more valuable position, too. 

I’m hoping they sign one of these free agent RBs in the coming days, eliminating that issue before the draft. 

RB I agree with TE I totally disagree with.  Now if the jets feel they have their guys and this the priority is lower fine but TEs these days are much higher value than they once were.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

TE???  Hmmm, not sure I agree there, especially for a young QB that throws for 100 yards a game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

RB I agree with TE I totally disagree with.  Now if the jets feel they have their guys and this the priority is lower fine but TEs these days are much higher value than they once were.

Not in terms of pay scale. Bottom of the pile. They also take longer than most positions to develop. I could see them taking one in the fourth or fifth round to put in the pipeline, though. Just don’t see it in the second. 

i think this is where they can start finding future starters and linebackers.  it all starts with the first two picks.  they go edge and wr and they got the big holes filled.  second round go te and lb or maybe even a center /guard type.  third and fourth rounds, get some depth everywhere.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Trey McBride and Breece Hall.

End thread.

If you look at other forums, all the other NFL fans also want their team to draft McBride, which makes me think that he will be drafted higher than expected.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Mmm. I’ve bee sweet on McBride, but I totally agree with this.

CB, WR, EDGE, LB, OL and DL

I think value lines up well for: 

S: Cine, Brisker, Baylor Kid

LB: Muma, Dean (I've seen him fall a lot in recent mocks - Kiper has him @ 29 DJ @ 32), Leo Chanel, few more 

DT: Winfrey, Jones, Hall 

WR: Dotson, Pickens (can't see JD taking him w/ off the field concerns), Watson (my personal fav) 

I don't love the CBs options as much in round two. I think a lot of these guys would be projected to be CB2s and I'm fine swinging for a CB1 like Sauce but don't think we need more guys that will likely be around the Bryce Hall level. 

I disagree with people that think RB or TE is a good use of capital here. Would much rather wait until 3rd round/day three for those. I think someone like Zion Johnson is possible if he falls - but that'd probably be to play center and we cut CMG. 

I also think edge is actually great compared to prior years but considering I think edge will be taken at 4 or 10 don't think thats worth discussing in round 2. 

When I do a mock...I consistently use 35 & 38 for RB Breece Hall and DT Devonte Wyatt if they're available.  

JD signed OT Tomlinson to upgrade the OL,  for the purpose of establishing a stronger run attack.  Which will help take some pressure off of Zach Wilson in operating the offense.  An essential feature of a Shanahan style WCO,  is to establish a strong running game.  That would allow ZW to more effectively execute play action off of it.  Quick releasing passes to the upgraded TEs...and hopefully an upgraded WR unit to.  Breece Hall would be an excellent compliment to Michael Carter.  Hall is an excellent athlete with explosive 4.39 speed.  Also a good receiver.  Any time he can get to the second level, he can take it for a huge gain or to the House. 

Download video

Part of that historic Georgia defense...Devonte Wyatt would be an excellent upgrade over Sheldon Rankins.  He's a very quick (4.77 forty) agile tackle that can penetrate gaps and be solid against the run. 

Download video

• Upvote 1

• Travis Jones IDL UConn
  • Christian Watson WR NDSU

Two freak RAS guys at dire positions of need.

London will run slow at his pro day thus cementing that no WR in this draft is worth the 10. Edge will be one of the top 10 picks. Corner or OT will be the other. The only wildcard here is Jordan Davis, which could change things, but I don't think we'd do that?

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Malpractice if our only offensive player in the first two rounds is Watson. 

Not arguing but just curious why you feel this way? Given the level of sucktitude we showed last year,  we need help everywhere on D (unless of course you think Zack can outscore all these teams with more weapons)

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are probably more concerned that London won't make it to the 10. Not that he isn't worth it 

Swear to god if Drake London's name was Jake Brundon, he doesn't get drafted in the first round. 

I thought Joe Douglas was all-in on some cliched analogy about speed, pipes and pressure.

Would it surprise anyone at all if Blake Chundon runs a 4.8? 

If we take this Gianluigi Donnarumma-esque goalkeeper masquerading as a receiver over an edge rusher...