Daniel Jeremiah 2022 NFL mock draft 3.0

He seen Kiper drop one so Daniel came with his own today.

Pick
Sauce Gardner
Cincinnati · CB · Junior

The Jets added two quality secondary starters during free agency in D.J. Reed and Jordan Whitehead. Snagging the top cornerback in this draft would really round out a necessary overhaul in the back end of Robert Saleh's defense.

Pick
New York Jets
(via Seahawks)
Drake London
USC · WR · Junior

Zach Wilson, last year's No. 2 overall pick, needs some help to get back on track after a rocky rookie season. London would give Wilson a big third-down target and a red-zone weapon.

• Sympathy 1

Jacksonville Jaguars

Aidan Hutchinson

Michigan · Edge · Senior

The Jags addressed the offensive line by tagging Cam Robinson and signing Brandon Scherff. Those moves point to a pass rusher with their first pick, and Hutchinson is the best one in the class.

Pick

Detroit Lions

Travon Walker

Georgia · Edge · Junior

Walker has the athleticism and scheme versatility to fit in with any of the teams at the top of the draft.

Pick

Houston Texans

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Oregon · Edge · Junior

The Texans are loaded with draft capital after the Deshaun Watson trade. Adding a premier pass rusher would be a good cornerstone for their rebuild.

Pick

New York Jets

Sauce Gardner

Cincinnati · CB · Junior

The Jets added two quality secondary starters during free agency in D.J. Reed and Jordan Whitehead. Snagging the top cornerback in this draft would really round out a necessary overhaul in the back end of Robert Saleh's defense.

Pick

New York Giants

Ickey Ekwonu

N.C. State · OT · Junior

This would be an ideal situation for new Giants GM Joe Schoen. Ekwonu is the best offensive lineman in the class.

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Evan Neal

Alabama · OT · Junior

The Panthers have been doing their homework on the quarterbacks in this class, and I won't be surprised if they go in that direction. However, Neal would be a Day 1 starter up front.

Pick

New York Giants

(via Bears)

Jermaine Johnson II

Florida State · Edge · Senior (RS)

Johnson is an explosive edge rusher with outstanding production. Pairing him with Azeez Ojulari, who just posted eight sacks in his rookie campaign, could do wonders for New York's pass rush.

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Garrett Wilson

Ohio State · WR · Junior

The Matt Ryan era is over, so this could be a landing spot for a quarterback. However, Marcus Mariota is a serviceable option. And in the wake of Calvin Ridley's suspension and Russell Gage's relocation to Tampa, the Falcons have a desperate need for a wide receiver.

Pick

Seattle Seahawks

(via Broncos)

Charles Cross

Mississippi State · OT · Sophomore (RS)

The Seahawks need help in a lot of areas. Cross would be an immediate starter at left tackle.

Pick

New York Jets

(via Seahawks)

Drake London

USC · WR · Junior

Zach Wilson, last year's No. 2 overall pick, needs some help to get back on track after a rocky rookie season. London would give Wilson a big third-down target and a red-zone weapon.

Pick

Washington Commanders

Kyle Hamilton

Notre Dame · S · Junior

The Commanders stop the slide of one of the highest-rated players in the entire class. Don't worry about the 4.59 40 time -- the versatile safety plays fast in pads.

Pick

Minnesota Vikings

Jordan Davis

Georgia · DT · Senior

Davis is a dominant run defender with plenty of untapped potential as a pass rusher. (You saw what the 6-foot-6, 341-pounder did at the NFL Scouting Combine, right?)

Pick

Houston Texans

(via Browns)

Trent McDuffie

Washington · CB · Junior

McDuffie checked in a little smaller than anticipated at the combine (5-10 3/4 and 193 pounds with 29 3/4-inch arms), but his tape is outstanding.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

George Karlaftis

Purdue · Edge · Junior

Baltimore's signing of Morgan Moses eliminates the dire need at offensive tackle. Karlaftis plays with the passion and effort the Ravens covet.

I would be pissed at that draft. We need pass rushers more than any thing else, so if 3 get drafted in a row I would consider trading down and picking up Karlaftis at 10 and George Pickens (best WR in the draft) with our late 1st.

• Upvote 1

Will be crazy if the board breaks 3 straight edge. Would we take the 4th best edge? The best tackle (which is best value in top 5 if 3 edges are gone) even though maybe not the biggest need if Becton bounces back. Or go Sauce? Corner is a big need. A lot of options draft night 

• Upvote 1

Before he got injured...Drake London caught a freakin 88 balls in 8 games.  1084 yds & 7TDs.  Don't know if he was on some record breaking pace...but it was dominating play...bully ball style.  I'm definitely interested in what he does on his pro day...tomorrow...3/23.

Can't wait!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I do not want Drake London.  Great at contested catches....because he is not fast and cannot separate by the sounds of it.  I peg this guy as a bust.  would far prefer Wilson.

I do not really want Gardner at 4 but at least to me is a clean prospect who i think will be be a good pro.

It will be pure awful for the jets if the draft falls the way this mock does .

He can separate, but I still don't want a WR in the first round unless they move down and add picks.

• Upvote 1

Sauce is going to be an all-pro, so I’m in there. Why are people down on  Drake London now? Because he didn’t run at the combine? His pro day is tomorrow and he can wow everybody then.

People were wishy washy on Wilson until the combine, now he’s the guy for everybody. Not saying London is better, just that don’t discount him being legit just because we haven’t seen him run live yet

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Before he got injured...Drake London caught a freakin 88 balls in 8 games.  1084 yds & 7TDs.  Don't know if he was on some record breaking pace...but it was dominating play...bully ball style.  I'm definitely interested in what he does on his pro day...tomorrow...3/23.

Can't wait!

On pace for 

132 Receptions 

1626 Yards

10-11 TDs

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Trade down a little even if it’s slightly one sided traded against the Jets. Not a top heavy draft. Wanna be in the high teens to snag a couple of solid pros plus future draft capital. God knows we’ll need it when JDs guys start ending up on the injury reports and IRs. 

38 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Can't wait!

Exactly. I am intrigued by anyone who completely dominates at a big school. The guy had a lot of contested catches because they threw to him on every down and the other team knew it. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I do not want Drake London.  Great at contested catches....because he is not fast and cannot separate by the sounds of it.  I peg this guy as a bust.  would far prefer Wilson.

I do not really want Gardner at 4 but at least to me is a clean prospect who i think will be be a good pro.

No worries. It won't. It never does.

10 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Can't wait!

Those are some insane numbers.

12 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He seen Kiper drop one so Daniel came with his own today.

Pick
Sauce Gardner
Cincinnati · CB · Junior

Pick
New York Jets
(via Seahawks)
Drake London
USC · WR · Junior

I know noting, but this seems most likely. 

9 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Exactly. I am intrigued by anyone who completely dominates at a big school. The guy had a lot of contested catches because they threw to him on every down and the other team knew it. 

That’s a very nice quality, if that’s true then we need to pick him period. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

My preference is edge and wr, but let’s be real. To say this is awful is a stretch. London has positives and negatives. So do the other top receivers in this class. There is no chase, smith, waddle, Jeudy or cedee in this draft. All these WRs have risk and something wrong with them.

Gardner may be the cleanest prospect in this draft. He has the tape, he has the measurables, he has the stats and production, he smoked the combine.

I suggest you do some reading on the top WR prospects and watch the breakdowns on their games. I probably agree with you Wilson is most likely to succeed but none of these guys are a sure thing.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If he runs a 4.5 is more than enough to play in the NFL, if that's the main issue. 

10 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Can't wait!

London said he isn’t participating in the pro day today. Said he’s going to work out in early April and hopes to run the 40 but report said teams aren’t optimistic that he will run.