Mekhi Becton changes his Twitter handle to “Big Bust 77”

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

You’re right….  Many great players spend time on twitter fukking with the fans.   I think the kids head is backwards. None of this bodes well. 

Alot players in all sports actually do be on twitter interacting  fans everyday. Do you really think it’s just becton? It takes 5 seconds to send off tweet its not taking any real time out of there day. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It’s comical how thin skinned this dude is.

If people choose to ignore it…great.

But he routinely publicly presents himself as a 370 lb festering vagina.

I was truly happy about this pick. I sincerely thought that he was going to be an instant success. I am starting to rethink that.

In my opinion, if he starts off badly this season, or if he should sprain a toe, he will quickly become a polarizing figure. Some of that is unfair and undeserved and some of it is self inflicted. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Of course.  But you know that's not going to happen.

I don't have twatter, instantgramz, tick talk, snapface, and I average 1 vanilla Facebook post a year.  All of it is a steaming pile of sht.

That said, the incel brigade will double down on the cheap shots if they perceive weakness.  I'm confused why he simply doesn't eliminate the distraction.  He doesn't need social media for his "brand".  He can make tens of millions of dollars just by putting his head down and concentrating on Football.

I ask myself daily why people make choices and triple-down on things against their best interests. 

A lot of spot-on comments here. It is indeed alarming that he's going head-on into reparte with a bunch of morons on twitter. Like I said, he's a kid and he appears to think that this is like a frat fight. He needs to step back and get his head screwed on straight. Hard enough succeeding in the NFL with an abundance of talent, but this is not going to help him focus on what's important as a professional athlete.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Of course.  But you know that's not going to happen.

I don't have twatter, instantgramz, tick talk, snapface, and I average 1 vanilla Facebook post a year.  All of it is a steaming pile of sht.

That said, the incel brigade will double down on the cheap shots if they perceive weakness.  I'm confused why he simply doesn't eliminate the distraction.  He doesn't need social media for his "brand".  He can make tens of millions of dollars just by putting his head down and concentrating on Football.

I mean you're probably what, 65? 80? He's young, he wants to stay connected. I get it. 

The only thing that bothers me with all this is that he actively looks for all these comments. It's not shoved in his faced, it's not the first thing he sees.

He has to actively go to a certain section and read all of those comments. And then takes the time to respond. He's just way too immature to be in the spot light. Hopefully it changes or someone helps him. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

If that's really Becton...he just surrendered to his tormentors.  Self deprecation is not a healthy way to respond.  And those tormentors will react like sharks smelling blood.

Good, let them. I personally think they are motivating Becton to come into camp in thebbest shape ever. 

All of you wanting to get this guy off the team are asking for the OL to take a major step backwards. We need Becton to be successful as an OL. He had a very good rookie season and no Sophomore season. I would be more upset with Lawson actually. His injury totally derailed the D imo. If I was looking to replace someone on this team, it would be him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Alot players in all sports actually do be on twitter interacting  fans everyday. Do you really think it’s just becton? It takes 5 seconds to send off tweet its not taking any real time out of there day. 

I don't do Twitter but I would say he should probably is letting them get to him ...   I simply don't see it as a positive sign. If an athlete is succesful, OK. But Becton?  

9 hours ago, Jet25 said:

It seems he's trolling the haters

That is my take.

Everyone is going to call him a bust, he's going to name himself that, and go out and use this as a motivator for him.  Players in the past have worn their uniform # as the number of teams that passed on them, Rodgers is still pissed how late he went in the draft.  

If it helps him, use it.  Personally, my advice is just get off twitter, but most younger players are not going to do that.