Mekhi Becton changes his Twitter handle to “Big Bust 77”

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I agree with your first sentence. Not sure about the rest. I don't troll that immature kid. I've never made one comment to him, unless you count talking about him here, and even on this message board I hardly ever get involved in these ridiculous Becton discussions. The "Big Ticket" needs to shut up and focus on his craft, because he ain't done sh*t at the NFL level. 

As I said....  slaves to Twitter are both sad and comical.  As evidenced here ^ :P

• Upvote 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Meatball on Toothpicks

It's fine if Becton's performance riles you up.  But to get all riled up in this really stupid thread about his twitter handle is absurd, IMO.  All of you put waaaaay too much importance on twitter.  He is toying with his critics and it obviously works.  Carry on.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's fine if Becton's performance riles you up.  But to get all riled up in this really stupid thread about his twitter handle is absurd, IMO.  All of you put waaaaay too much importance on twitter.  He is toying with his critics and it obviously works.  Carry on.

I'm not riled up. Carry on. 

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I am not seeing a pro bowl career for him at this point.  Im hoping he is simply serviceable.  

Quite unfortunate.  I still am not going to hammer Douglas for making the pick he did over Wirfs like many here did and continue to do.  We needed a LT and Wirfs still has yet to prove he can play LT in this league.  He's a fantastic RT with a HOF QB under center.  Color me only mildly impressed there.  Becton, meanwhile, had a unique athleticism/size combination that made Douglas reminisce about Jonathan Ogden from his Baltimore days.  I get why that ended up being his first draft pick as Jets GM.

Shooting for the stars at pick 11 for a LT with HOF measurables and some strong abilities wasn't the worst decision.  And Becton indeed looked good while he was on the field his rookie year.  Maybe in a non-COVID year, Douglas would have been able to better assess his personality and determine he wouldn't be as successful a pro as he'd like.  Who knows.  But the process underlying the pick made sense, and process is super important when assessing a GM's performance his first 1-2 years on the job.

But yeah, a massive disappointment all the way around.  Thank goodness for Fant.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He must have people around him getting him off Twitter.  
No?

Sometimes I think we all overestimate just how much positive support some players actually surround themselves with.  Is it negligence on the part of the team as well as the player?  Without knowing how the Jets approach these young men with respect to actual life learning, it is impossible to make a judgment. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Good, let them. I personally think they are motivating Becton to come into camp in thebbest shape ever. 

All of you wanting to get this guy off the team are asking for the OL to take a major step backwards. We need Becton to be successful as an OL. He had a very good rookie season and no Sophomore season. I would be more upset with Lawson actually. His injury totally derailed the D imo. If I was looking to replace someone on this team, it would be him. 

Show a  post of me saying I wanted Becton off the team.  I Just simply observed how he's reacting to those trolling him.  I definitely want him to succeed.   Becton should be giving those a-holes the middle finger and ignore them.

6 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Show a  post of me saying I wanted Becton off the team.  I Just simply observed how he's reacting to those trolling him.  I definitely want him to succeed.   Becton should be giving those a-holes the middle finger and ignore them.

The first part was directed to you, the second part was directed to a certain group of individuals  who want Becton sent packing, unless of course you are a part of a hive community  like the Borg on Star Trek and I would need to address the entire collective starting that paragraph with All instead of You. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The first part was directed to you, the second part was directed to a certain group of individuals  who want Becton sent packing, unless of course you are a part of a hive community  like the Borg on Star Trek and I would need to address the entire collective starting that paragraph with All instead of You. 

You seem to be responding in a hive way yourself...

First_Contact.jpg

• Haha 1

Sometimes I think we all overestimate just how much positive support some players actually surround themselves with.  Is it negligence on the part of the team as well as the player?  Without knowing how the Jets approach these young men with respect to actual life learning, it is impossible to make a judgment. 
I am on the fence about this Dcat ... it is clear a lot of these guys should have had a lot more guidance growing up in college, high school, or even earlier.

But the system is setup to shuttle them through higher education because of their physical skills ... the third grade writing level of a lot of NFL players is embarassing ... but I have become numb to that.

No one hand held me through my first 5 years in the world after college. And I can say the same for many of the people I know.

As human ... I agree some of these guys should have hand holding life mentors .... as a fan its aggravating that is the case.
  • Upvote 1