Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Sure but if we pay him 5% more than MIA offers, that's a wash.  Contract offers are rarely even identical.  $1M more on a $20M/year deal covers it.  We have more cap room than MIA so I don't think that's going to be the deciding issue.

To me, the question is, does Tua have to throw the ball before the snap in order to get it to Hill on time?  And will Hill ever get a pass more than 15 yards in the air from Tua?

It’s the weather and south beach.  It’s such an allure for some athletes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

different circumstances.  Hill was arrested in 2014 for this, had his charges dismissed and expunged.  He was placed on 3 years probation Watson is still in the midst of his accusations, which are from 22 people. 

What Hill did was worse and he did it again in 2019.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If JD pulls this off with one of his miracle trades...like Hill for 35 and a 3rd next year...I'm going to lose my mind.

Thats the thing. Its NOT going to be that. Its going to have to be the at least the #10 overall pick and then we have to give Hill a MONSTER contract and his numbers would undoubtedly fall because he doesn't have Andy Reid as the coach and Mahomes throwing him the ball. And he's nearing 30. Jet fans would absolutely destroy him at the first sign of failure. He wouldn't exactly react well, this is a disaster in the making. And thats if he stays healthy! JMHO. But this makes no sense and would be a bad move.

Makes a ton more sense to trade for and extend a guy like DK Metcalf. 

49 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'm not going to be particularly happy about this unless there's some real solid evidence Hill is no longer the person who was in those 2019 recordings

Was thinking the same thing. Not sure how you come back from that, or how you prove that you changed. Hopefully he has though, either way, even if the Jets don't trade for him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

I hope all of you that were so adamantly against Watson character apply that same energy here

100%

58 minutes ago, kmnj said:

if Joe does this I will never speak a bad word about him again-it would show he is actually going to follow through and get wilson weapons. I sadly believe Joe will not do it though. He likes guys like Mims and Cole that are highly ineffective. If Hill goes to the dolphins it is just another notch in Joes rather large belt of failures-they fins already have two very good wrs as it is.

come on joe do it just do it sign hill 

Hill is a MASSIVE scvmbag

56 minutes ago, maury77 said:

1. You want to talk about weapons? Hill is arguably THE most dangerous weapon in the league right now. 

2. Sure, he's a POS. After this last decade, I could care less. Trade him here and he can beat my ass with a bat if it makes him happy. 

3. This is going to look awful if the Dolphins beat the Jets out for Hill. 

Were you against Deshaun Watson?

53 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Isn't Hill a bit of a scumbag? Trading multiple picks plus handing out a huge contract for a guy with a checkered history is a bit iffy to me.

One of the biggest in the NFL

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Sure but if we pay him 5% more than MIA offers, that's a wash.  Contract offers are rarely even identical.  $1M more on a $20M/year deal covers it.  We have more cap room than MIA so I don't think that's going to be the deciding issue.

To me, the question is, does Tua have to throw the ball before the snap in order to get it to Hill on time?  And will Hill ever get a pass more than 15 yards in the air from Tua?

Yeah you migth be right, i imagine unless the Agent tells them, some might not even think about tax implications. Now HIll looking at the passing games of both Qb's for sure he does that. And as arrogant as a WR1 should be I imagine they think they can get it done anywhere. BUt if you compare the two players I would think he probably like zach. The system and sees the plays he could make here. Dolphins, Idk. I think honestly if we get him, it will be for only two reasons

1 : Joe Douglas giving us the ability to have the draft cap and money to get it done, knowing an opportunity and going for it with a fair and reasonably deal. Make no mistake If we get him it is Joe's call not Owner, not coach, not anyone. He set the table and made room.

2 Robert Saleh, despite not the best record we have already seen the culture of the team change and guys wanting to play for saleh. The system he brought over on both sides of the ball and current and one guys want to play in. Hill is looking at Deebo, looking at a few plays moore and corey davis made. He is thinking if that is me I got 20 TD's who is going to stop me. He def like the coaching and that is all Saleh. We have lost the Gase stink. I thought it would take more time but I thing we have already seen it with Reed and others. Guys don't see us as the joke of the league, we are seen as an up and coming team. Hill picks us it is because he buys in to saleh making him greater than he is.