Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Hill did serve his punishment for his incident with his now wife. I’d prefer that not be in his past but he was “punished” and took steps of improvement

If his girlfriend forgave then married him that should count for something.

I'm hoping they get him but won't be too upset if we don't.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Jets have better draft picks...

The compensation with picks is already agreed-upon on both sides and it’s pretty similar. So it doesn’t matter about the pics anymore.  it’s up to Hill on which team he wants to choose. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm kind of tired of watching other teams in the league win Super Bowls with sociopaths while the Jets take the moral high ground and lose a lot of football games.  Ray Lewis murdered 2 people, won 2 Super Bowls, and is lauded like he cured cancer.  And if he was a Jet, we'd be putting him right up on that pedestal too.  

These are humans who play a violent game professionally.  Most of them are a$$holes.  Some completely lack the ability to conjure up empathy.  Meanwhile, we sit and watch, hoping to be entertained.  I'm not entertained by "good kids" like Sam Darnold who get paid a lot of money to suck.  I'm entertained by wins.  To get there, you need to cut a few corners when it comes to player character.  

Exactly. If we took a microscope into all of these players lives we wouldn't want half of them on our team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

First one I've seen so far....this guy could be a nobody, but with the blue tag....who knows... :(

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

all true

also true

At the end of the day all we need is for Hill to not reject the Jets. He can prefer the Fins for all the reasons stated but if he's not rejecting the Jets/willing to sign an extension w/us and we offer a better deal, he's a Jet.

I expect to lose, hope to win. Mostly so I can teabag @Jetsfan80

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

55 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What a bunch of suckers, believing this nonsense.  The Chiefs are not trading Hill.  Ya'll smoking some good sh*t.  The AFCW is the best division in Football and getting rid of Hill absolutely cripples that team.  There is less than 0% chance this happens.

All true but when schefter and rapoport are tweeting?    where there’s smoke there’s fire.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

he wants to be the highest paid WR? thats around 28 mil. and a 1st rd pick at least plus a 2nd.

NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!

i am going to be really pissed if this happens when JD could have have Cooper for 22 mil and a 5th rd pick.

Gentlemen.....these WR#1's are not going to get any cheaper next year or anytime. JD can't get buried with Woody's money so lets go!

Only way I can be okay with him going to MIA is if Waddle goes back to KC, which I doubt will happen.  I know we had the assets to greatly outbid MIA so this would be a disappointment even though the reasons why Hill would choose MIA are clear.  Just....sucks.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

most important take away from this to JN and the @OtherwiseHappyinLife camp -- "JETS HAVE EMERGED IN RECENT DAYS

In other words -- Joe is still working the phones for a WR trade.

it's coming. Not Hill (imo) but it's coming.

Hey man, if it happens that would be fantastic!! Win win for all involved.  Doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have taken a receiver round 1 ;).  Just that we all agree on the importance of a #1 WR and the trade market is a real avenue to land one.

Cheers, let’s hope it happens my friend!

• Upvote 1

Why do Jets fans concern themselves with the money on a contract for a player like Hill?

You want great players, you have to pay them what they are worth. Otherwise, don't complain that the Jets don't have any playmaker. This team is always way under the cap. Are you really worried about our cap situation? They past few years, that isn't what has holding them back. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. If we took a microscope into all of these players lives we wouldn't want half of them on our team. 

Watching Zach Wilson dink and dunk his way to 102 yards against the Jaguars, only to be told he was actually good that day because we won, sure made me want to take a strong look at Watson, I'll tell ya that much.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hex said:

Well at least now we don't need to hear people complain about not going for stars, even if the Jets don't get him

The Jets have gone for stars before.  We just don't ever seem to get them.

In the past we've more been "last stop on the road to retirement" train for aging future HOF'ers.

• Upvote 1