Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

Just now, Origen said:

Is there a reason everyone seems to think living in the NYC/North Jersey Metro area is a total sh*thole?  I lived there, it's pretty nice.   People sign to play in Buffalo.- That place is a sh*thole. Why wouldn't they want to sign here? NYC is the greatest city in the world!  When the Jets win, those players will become WorldWide celebs! Not just national.  Worldwide because everything matters more in NYC.  I don't see why guys sign to play anywhere else.

Well, economically, it makes a lot more sense to play for a team in Florida than NY state. Then there is the fact that a lot of people like warm weather . . . 

Beyond that, I don't think it's really about location. The Jets have been losers for a long time. I think the Jets have to figure out how to develop a winning program from their own homegrown talent before they get players like Tyreek Hill. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Well, economically, it makes a lot more sense to play for a team in Florida than NY state. Then there is the fact that a lot of people like warm weather . . . 

Beyond that, I don't think it's really about location. The Jets have been losers for a long time. I think the Jets have to figure out how to develop a winning program from their own homegrown talent before they get players like Tyreek Hill. 

Bingo

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Is there a reason everyone seems to think living in the NYC/North Jersey Metro area is a total sh*thole?  I lived there, it's pretty nice.   People sign to play in Buffalo.- That place is a sh*thole. Why wouldn't they want to sign here? NYC is the greatest city in the world!  When the Jets win, those players will become WorldWide celebs! Not just national.  Worldwide because everything matters more in NYC.  I don't see why guys sign to play anywhere else.

Hill is from Florida.

Jets had the ammo to easily outbid the Dolphins on trade compensation (and probably did) but the Chiefs let Hill choose, and he chose Miami.

Can't say I'm sad, given the character concerns. It will be tough to face him twice a year, but it's just one more reason to hate the Dolphins.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Jets haven’t made the playoffs in what, 12 years?  That’s why.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Any smokescreen that the Jets won't be drafting a WR in the 1st round just got blown up.

Not necessarily. It just means that's how highly the Jets valued Hill. Might not be the case with the other receivers in the draft