Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Have you seen what these players are being signed for? No way is JD going to sign Hill for 30 mil a year, as he shouldn't.

Plus, he has tried. Hill chose to not go to the Jets, not JD. This is what happens when a team loses for decades

This isn’t 2012. Top contract is 50 million 

JD is clearly happy to sit back and fill potholes because he has no pressure to win

E!

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Players can get endorsement money from anywhere.  

Rodgers does pretty well out of Green Bay.

Moot point now. But the markets aren’t the same and NY has much more to offer. Apples to oranges. Hope he enjoys the oranges. 

10 minutes ago, Origen said:

Is there a reason everyone seems to think living in the NYC/North Jersey Metro area is a total sh*thole?  I lived there, it's pretty nice.   People sign to play in Buffalo.- That place is a sh*thole. Why wouldn't they want to sign here? NYC is the greatest city in the world!  When the Jets win, those players will become WorldWide celebs! Not just national.  Worldwide because everything matters more in NYC.  I don't see why guys sign to play anywhere else.

State income tax. FL has none.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“Who cares that he beat his girlfriend and almost killed his child, fast man go brrrrr”

I'm not saying you have to be thrilled about the likes of Watson or Hill ever coming here, but where do you draw the line?  Because nearly every Super Bowl winner has had 1-2 sociopaths on it. 

So its all about this, really:  How many levels below a Watson/Hill type of sh*tbag would you support?

And don't get me wrong:  I'm not suggesting I have no soul on this stuff, I'm asking a genuine question.  I refused to watch the Jets the year they signed Michael Vick.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that has ever been to Miami at 20 something years old will understand why most athletes will choose that lifestyle over NY. The only way to compete with that is to win games. Glad JD tried but we never had a chance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Beautiful.  I refuse to believe the Jets made any serious offer.  Joe D was doing his due dilligence as always.

We are building this team perfectly.  No need to throw that off by making a silly trade for a guy like hill whos getting older, has a ton of mileage on him, is small and a troubled human being.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

This isn’t 2012. Top contract is 50 million 

JD is clearly happy to sit back and fill potholes because he has no pressure to win

E!

So you're saying we should allocate a quarter of the salary cap to a WR? Not when we have more economical options. I may not be understanding the salary cap correctly but that's still way too much for a rebuilding team. We saw from the Bengals that if we pick right we can get a great WR for cheap. WR is not our only hole

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Now all you mooks can go distract yourselves from how sad you are we didn't land a domestic abuser and go back to screaming how much you hate Becton for being a fat, lazy, spoiled POS.

Seriously

Thank the lord there’s still something to complain about.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I draw the line at oral rape, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and almost killing your unborn child.

So 1 level/tier below that and you would support the player?

I'm not saying I lack a soul on this stuff either, mind you.  I didn't watch the Jets the year they signed Michael Vick.  I'm asking a genuine question because its an interesting discussion.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

So you're saying we should allocate a quarter of the salary cap to a WR? Not when we have more economical options. I may not be understanding the salary cap correctly but that's still way too much for a rebuilding team. We saw from the Bengals that if we pick right we can get a great WR for cheap. WR is not our only hole

Cap space did lead the team in scoring last year lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Beautiful.  I refuse to believe the Jets made any serious offer.  Joe D was doing his due dilligence as always.

We are building this team perfectly.  No need to throw that off by making a silly trade for a guy like hill whos getting older, has a ton of mileage on him, is small and a troubled human being.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Some of the things you say hurt my brain. JD made a serious offer, if he hadn't they wouldn't be one of two teams in the running

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2