Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

This is going to go over well like a fart in church but.... Hard Pass.

Going to have a hard time being a fan of a Jet who is a noted history of anger management problems and abuse. To put things into perspective, Ridley is out for the year for a $1500 mistake on what his job description does and does not allow. Tyreke Hill, allegedly, did unforgivable things to his family and never got suspended. There needs to be a conversation on the liability of pushing all your chips in on this guy. I would take DK over this Hill for the same asking price. 

Hill has been waived of all charges for lack of evidence, so who am I to judge. It seems I will be in the vast minority on this. Are there any folks that would like to defend this guy and try to change my mind on his obvious liability concerns?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell no.  

So you do draw a line somewhere.

Even after you made posts about how most players are assholes anyway and how you're sick of watching other teams win with sociopaths when the Jets should be too.

After all, you need to cut a few corners with player character when you want to win, right?

Just now, Larz said:

So the basic premise here is the teams paying for proven talent are going about thing’s the wrong way, you need to draft unproven players because cap space 

What are Douglas’ results so far 

W/L ?

drafting ?

To be fair if  we did get Tyreek Hill, that would mean two of our starting WO, he and Moore would be shorter than you are standing on one another’s shoulders. 

This is what it is now.  Crappy team in a market that everyone is leaving  vs  less crappy team in one of the hottest cities in America.  The unfortunate thing here is yet another elite talent stays in the AFC.  I believed the Jets were, in theory, building the right way, but these guys are going to be out of a job in a couple years now.  There is just no way this team is competitive in the conference.  

33 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

all true

also true

At the end of the day all we need is for Hill to not reject the Jets. He can prefer the Fins for all the reasons stated but if he's not rejecting the Jets/willing to sign an extension w/us and we offer a better deal, he's a Jet.

I expect to lose, hope to win. Mostly so I can teabag @Jetsfan80

@JiFapono

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

I had no idea NYC was so boring to kids in their 20's.  I had crazy times there at bars and clubs, let alone the million things to do everywhere.   Oh I get it, football players need south beach art deco architecture to feel like they are partying correctly in their 20's?  OR something?  Other than weather in winter Miami is a dump, like the rest of America's dick, Florida.

South Georgia and South Alabama the America's sweaty balls? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Origen said:

I had no idea NYC was so boring to kids in their 20's.  I had crazy times there at bars and clubs, let alone the million things to do everywhere.   Oh I get it, football players need south beach art deco architecture to feel like they are partying correctly in their 20's?  OR something?  Other than weather in winter Miami is a dump, like the rest of America's dick, Florida.

kind of shows how times in fact have changed.   no taxes, great weather, and beautiful latin women everywhere you look while NYC is on the fast track back to the 80's.

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

100%

Hill is a MASSIVE scvmbag

Were you against Deshaun Watson?

One of the biggest in the NFL

I was not against Watson. I'm not looking for players that I want to hang out with or that I want dating my daughter. I want to win. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Just a point on the state income tax -- you pay taxes in every state you play games in. So it's not 10%. I keep seeing people say that and it's much more nuanced than that, even if you do save money playing in FL or TX vs. NJ.

Yep...the best division to play in if you are just considering taxes is the AFC South

Jags (no state tax)

Titans (no state tax)

Texans (no state tax)

Colts (3.23% flat)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

This is what it is now.  Crappy team in a market that everyone is leaving  vs  less crappy team in one of the hottest cities in America.  The unfortunate thing here is yet another elite talent stays in the AFC.  I believed the Jets were, in theory, building the right way, but these guys are going to be out of a job in a couple years now.  There is just no way this team is competitive in the conference.  

Yep, AFC is stacked.  This is the kind of move you need to make or we stay at bottom feeder status.

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Miami's night life (sexlife) is well known to be superior to NY amongst the young and wealthy.

Joe is simply awful not only did the jets not get him a rival who we could not beat last year just got way better

Joe is what his record is which is really really really bad

the afc is loaded now and we are getting worse in comparison to our rivals not better

Joes wr solution was perriman cole mims and davis-they all failed bigly-his only saving grace is Moore but the Jets wrs core is way worse than the bills and the dolphins in our own division -he didnt even attempt to get cooper and berrios was not even his own pick and although a good story is not even a wr 3 on the bills or fins

once again our rivals are surrounding their young qb with stud wrs -the bills gave allen diggs the fins gave tua hill on top of two other solid wrs 

Joe sucks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And thisis exactly hat he did.  Beautiful strategy by Douglas.  And also gets the word around even more around the league that is is not going to overpay in any scenario.

Now, lets get back to the draft and continue the magnificent job Joe D has been doing in building this the right way through the draft.

It’s been reported by Schefty KC accepted Douglas offer..

you gotta be a little more subtle with your trolling, that’s the key. Once SAR started ignoring this rule, the Gase stuff stopped being funny.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

Joe is simply awful not only did the jets not get him a rival who we could not beat last year just got way better

Joe is what his record is which is really really really bad

the afc is loaded now and we are getting worse in comparison to our rivals not better

Joes wr solution was perriman cole mims and davis-they all failed bigly-his only saving grace is Moore but the Jets wrs core is way worse than the bills and the dolphins in our own division -he didnt even attempt to get cooper and berrios was not even his own pick and although a good story is not even a wr 3 on the bills or fins

once again our rivals are surrounding their young qb with stud wrs -the bills gave allen diggs the fins gave tua hill on top of two other solid wrs 

Joe sucks 

You do realize JD did make an offer, but Hill chose Miami over NY, right?

15 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Jets had an accepted offer - it was up to Hill. Hill chose Miami - probably b/c he pays 10% less in tax. Jets/JD did what they could - I'm good w/ it 

The NFL has to do something about this. You can't have the same salary cap as teams in non tax states and expect to compete with them for free agents.

• Upvote 2