Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

7 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

This is going to go over well like a fart in church but.... Hard Pass.

Going to have a hard time being a fan of a Jet who is a noted history of anger management problems and abuse. To put things into perspective, Ridley is out for the year for a $1500 mistake on what his job description does and does not allow. Tyreke Hill, allegedly, did unforgivable things to his family and never got suspended. There needs to be a conversation on the liability of pushing all your chips in on this guy. I would take DK over this Hill for the same asking price. 

Hill has been waived of all charges for lack of evidence, so who am I to judge. It seems I will be in the vast minority on this. Are there any folks that would like to defend this guy and try to change my mind on his obvious liability concerns?

DK is not on the block.   DK is not on the block.  How many times do some Jets fans need to hear this.  This is not Madden or fantasy football.  The other team actually has to want to trade a player to trade for him.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

We are going to scrape the bottom of our division yet again. 

Eh..  Pats had a bad FA period.  Dolphins are going to be bad for a good portion of the season as they have a new coaching staff.  Our QB sucks for now, but we have a pretty intriguing, young up and coming team all things considered.

We were never going to be a playoff team, with or without Hill.. Not at this stage of ZWs development.  But I think we are going to see a very strong AFCE.  Its very possible every team ends up .500+

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe is simply awful not only did the jets not get him a rival who we could not beat last year just got way better

Joe is what his record is which is really really really bad

the afc is loaded now and we are getting worse in comparison to our rivals not better

Joes wr solution was perriman cole mims and davis-they all failed bigly-his only saving grace is Moore but the Jets wrs core is way worse than the bills and the dolphins in our own division -he didnt even attempt to get cooper and berrios was not even his own pick and although a good story is not even a wr 3 on the bills or fins

once again our rivals are surrounding their young qb with stud wrs -the bills gave allen diggs the fins gave tua hill on top of two other solid wrs 

Joe sucks 

AND....another one.

Yeah, it's Joe's fault that he made an accepted offer to the Dolphins but Tyreek Hill chose Miami.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The NFL has to do something about this. You can't have the same salary cap as teams in non tax states and expect to compete with them for free agents.

It’s always been like this and the Rams won the Super Bowl last year.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

DK is not on the block.   DK is not on the block.  How many times do some Jets fans need to hear this.  This is not Madden or fantasy football.  The other team actually has to want to trade a player to trade for him.  

Seems like a Madden trade just went down. 1: it was a hypothetical 2: That's what you got out of my post? 

4 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

kind of shows how times in fact have changed.   no taxes, great weather, and beautiful latin women everywhere you look while NYC is on the fast track back to the 80's.

Weird to specify latin women. NYC has beautiful women from every ethnic group x10 over Miami, including latin. And if you like seasons, the weather is just fine. Taxes? You got me there. And don't believe the fly-over zone hype about crime in NYC. It was very low and has climbed, but it's got nothing on Miami per capita. That place is a shooting gallery for drug lords.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I guess so. I just see it as part of the continuum of failure. A good team makes it happen, somehow. 

Yeah.  A good team will convince a player whose life long dream it was to play with his college best buddy (Adams) and another who wants to play where he lives.  Sure. Right. Douglas had full control over all of these factors.   Go find Beningo and Greeny and be a miserable fan every day of your life.   

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe is simply awful not only did the jets not get him a rival who we could not beat last year just got way better

Joe is what his record is which is really really really bad

the afc is loaded now and we are getting worse in comparison to our rivals not better

Joes wr solution was perriman cole mims and davis-they all failed bigly-his only saving grace is Moore but the Jets wrs core is way worse than the bills and the dolphins in our own division -he didnt even attempt to get cooper and berrios was not even his own pick and although a good story is not even a wr 3 on the bills or fins

once again our rivals are surrounding their young qb with stud wrs -the bills gave allen diggs the fins gave tua hill on top of two other solid wrs 

Joe sucks 

Not really a fair assessment.

Joe's trade record is B+ if not A

His free agent record is slightly above average and injuries play a part of that.

His draft record is suspect - no doubt - but again - injuries could affect that.

Not sure what is expected of JD here. He tried to get Hill and he chose Miami - nothing you can do about that.

If JD passed completely, I could understand anger.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I'm pretty sure we all know he won't have an amazing draft. He hasn't had one yet. 

Pretty cool I can award myself post of the week after I got a negative. It makes this message board activity even more masturbatory than usual!

Douglas drafts haven't been bad. They've been ok. They most certainly have not yet been amazing. Unlike my post. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The Chiefs accepted a worse trade package than what the Jets offered.

I give JD credit for going after him but the deck was stacked against us - Miami fit his wants much better.

Silver lining, with Armstead and Hill they are now a very top heavy roster without a good QB.  They'll get a big bump but not getting to the top with that roster construction.  Possibly the best wide receiver room in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah.  A good team will convince a player whose life long dream it was to play with his college best buddy (Adams) and another who wants to play where he lives.  Sure. Right. Douglas had full control over all of these factors.   Go find Beningo and Greeny and be a miserable fan every day of your life.   

Go soil  your white shoes

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

Speaking of which.  Since when do players under contract suddenly get to dictate which team they are traded to?  I'm sure Jets offer was significantly better.

when the player is in the last year of the contract and can walk out of the door after 1 season, you bet the player gets a say as no team is trading away all those picks for a 1-year rental.  same applies to adams who was on a franchise tag, which he had yet to sign

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The Chiefs accepted a worse trade package than what the Jets offered.

I give JD credit for going after him but the deck was stacked against us - Miami fit his wants much better.

Silver lining, with Armstead and Hill they are now a very top heavy roster without a good QB.  They'll get a big bump but not getting to the top with that roster construction.  Possibly the best wide receiver room in the NFL.

Dolphins still have 2 first round picks next year though. Kinda blows. 

4 minutes ago, Origen said:

How the **** would that be quantified?

By tracking the amount of (female and male) strippers, sugar babies and only fans models moving there on a yearly basis. This can be easily done by checking Instagram. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

This is what it is now.  Crappy team in a market that everyone is leaving  vs  less crappy team in one of the hottest cities in America.  The unfortunate thing here is yet another elite talent stays in the AFC.  I believed the Jets were, in theory, building the right way, but these guys are going to be out of a job in a couple years now.  There is just no way this team is competitive in the conference.  

A city that just put a curfew in effect because people are getting shot in South Beach.  A city that is sinking into the ocean.  Yeah. It's great there.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

That price was too high, I'm sorry, it just was 5 DPs and 72 million? Screw that pick the best WR prospect in the country and get him in the draft

$120 million....of which, by this time next year, ALL of it will be guaranteed.