Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

HawkeyeJet

3 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

JFC - KC accepted our trade offer as they did Miami. Hill chose which team btwn the two based on an extension b/c neither Jets nor Dolphins wanted to give up all the draft capital w/o an extension in place. How do you think his contract extension was announced 2 min after the trade? 

Hill chose Miami over the Jets - how is that JDs fault?

joe's job is to get players-that is what a gm does-he drafts, trades or signs free agents-Joe's job was to make an offer that is more attractive to the players be it more money selling on new york and wilson or anything else

Right now Joe's last two seasons totaled under 7 wins-our rivals are getting better the same ones we could not beat

Joe did not go after even cooper-Joe's wr  moves-traded robby for perriman-that failed bigly, brought in Cole-that failed bigly-Paid Davis who did not pan out yet, signed crowded then lost crowder-berrios (was not his pick) 

the only move Joe did as far as WRS go that worked out was Moore and although very good so far he is not an elite caliber WR like Hills i

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

Hill will be in and out of the lineup all year and will disappear into obscurity in miami.  The Chiefs arent dumb.  They know hill is small, getting older and has a ton of mileage on him.  They decided to get something for hill while he still had value.

So Jet fans will continue to whine and cry about it.  But some of us understand this wasnt the move to make and are super excited about the upcoming draft and the stud receivers will will take.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Same here. I'd like to add I'm a Mets fan too. 

All of the above.  Sadly the Rangers and Mets have given me the most thrills in my Lifetime!  Knicks are in 2nd and the Jets are dead last...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hill will be in and out of the lineup all year and will disappear into obscurity in miami.  The Chiefs arent dumb.  They know hill is small, getting older and has a ton of mileage on him.  They decided to get something for hill while he still had value.

So Jet fans will continue to whine and cry about it.  But some of us understand this wasnt the move to make and are super excited about the upcoming draft and the stud receivers will will take.

kick in nuts GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

A city that just put a curfew in effect because people are getting shot in South Beach.  A city that is sinking into the ocean.  Yeah. It's great there.  

People are leaving NY in droves, South Florida is seeing the complete opposite.  It's where everyone wants to be these days.  It is what it is.   

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me watching the same dudes who were super against trading for Deshaun Watson be super for trading for Tyreek Hill. 

seth meyers sarcasm GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

They support child abuse over hitting a woman?

Hill makes the Phins better, but not that much better.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I believe the highest tax bracket income tax for NJ is 9+% 

So on the $70mm - thats an additional $6.3mm 

So yes it matters 

You get taxed base on the location of your game not so much the headquarters of your team. So when he plays in NJ against the Jets he's going to get hit with thoses taxes anyway. But it'll be better getting hit with that once instead of 8-9 times per year.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

just confirmed our offer didn't include a 1st (atta boy Joe)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.  Why people on this board continue to doubt me I will never know.  Joe D was never serious about hill.  Like he wasnt serious about Cooper.  Its his job to do due diligence on ANY player that comes up.  

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Doesn’t sound like it mattered either way, KC approved our offer. Hill chose Miami. 

yep, which means tho -- he offered a bouquet of day 2 picks across at least 2 drafts.... in addition to 100+ million dollar extension.

So, i would say chances are good he's still looking to make a move. Ridley. Cooper. Williams. Hill... next up?

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

We isn't he from south Florida?  Thought I heard somewhere he was a member of that south Florida black indian tribe, the...Slapahoe's...

Pretty sure you're thinking of that tribe that is missing a chromosomes, I think they call them the Semenholes 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

All of the above.  Sadly the Rangers and Mets have given me the most thrills in my Lifetime!  Knicks are in 2nd and the Jets are dead last...

I grew up a Yankees fan even though I grew up a mile away from Shea. 

Thanks dad, to taking me the (original) old Yankee stadium when I was a wee lad, even though it was the sh*tty Horace Clark/Gene Michael years! Paid dividends later. 

However, due to geography and cheap ticket prices back when, I've been to many more Mets game in person. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.  Why people on this board continue to doubt me I will never know.  Joe D was never serious about hill.  Like he wasnt serious about Cooper.  Its his job to do due diligence on ANY player that comes up.  

well there mr scientist -- KC approved and accepted the offer. It was up to Hill to pick b/w the two landing spots.

So maybe don't caps lock the laugh next time. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I believe the highest tax bracket income tax for NJ is 9+% 

So on the $70mm - thats an additional $6.3mm 

So yes it matters 

Not really; it's about half that, since they pay taxes where the game is played. 

BUT

if Miami structured it so it's heavier on bonus money - e.g. every year even if the cap hit's the same they pay it out as roster bonus rather than salary; that, on top of a hefty signing bonus - then more of his income will be tied to FL than wherever his games are played. 

Also when bringing up endorsements & such, those local endorsement deals come with state & local taxes, too.

Other thing to consider is the weather. Yeah it's mentioned, like people bringing up Jones Beach, but he's not going to be able to use it 1/10 as much as Miami Beach. Jones Beach is only usable maximum June-July-Aug. Late July onward he's in training camp every day until the season starts. So roughly half that Jones Beach season is lost. Miami? He gets the day off every Mon/Tue and can head to the beach (if that's his thing/scene) not just June & most of July, but all season long as well once the season's underway, while Jones Beach lovers are wearing 2 layers of clothing under ski jackets, stepping into slush puddles, dealing with freezing rain, etc. Also the big draw - NYC - is disgusting. 

The full offseason he can live wherever & it doesn't matter either way.

Both teams suck; I can't say I blame him for more $ and a far more comfortable place to be in his late 20s to early 30s.

Don't know if this makes me feel better or worse. 

A higher pick would've definitely sealed it and I doubt KC would have passed up on a clearly better offer, and that would've instantly skyrocketed the trajectory of this team. However on the other hand it shows that we weren't just embarrassed by our reputation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The offer was accepted ya chooch.

• Haha 1