Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not really; it's about half that, since they pay taxes where the game is played. 

BUT

if Miami structured it so it's heavier on bonus money - e.g. every year even if the cap hit's the same they pay it out as roster bonus rather than salary; that, on top of a hefty signing bonus - then more of his income will be tied to FL than wherever his games are played. 

Also when bringing up endorsements & such, those local endorsement deals come with state & local taxes, too.

Other thing to consider is the weather. Yeah it's mentioned, like people bringing up Jones Beach, but he's not going to be able to use it 1/10 as much as Miami Beach. Jones Beach is only usable maximum June-July-Aug. Late July onward he's in training camp every day until the season starts. So roughly half that Jones Beach season is lost. Miami? He gets the day off every Mon/Tue and can head to the beach (if that's his thing/scene) not just June & most of July, but all season long as well once the season's underway, while Jones Beach lovers are wearing 2 layers of clothing under ski jackets, stepping into slush puddles, dealing with freezing rain, etc. Also the big draw - NYC - is disgusting. 

The full offseason he can live wherever & it doesn't matter either way.

Both teams suck; I can't say I blame him for more $ and a far more comfortable place to be in his late 20s to early 30s.

Jones Beach? Lol

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.  Why people on this board continue to doubt me I will never know.  Joe D was never serious about hill.  Like he wasnt serious about Cooper.  Its his job to do due diligence on ANY player that comes up.  

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

KC still accepted the offer, Hill just chose Miami over NY.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

KC accepted the Jets offer lol. Hill didn't want NY, it's simple.

I wonder if they offered a definitively better package, would KC take the power away from Hill and just get it done? I looks like he was torn even though he has a lot of stock in FL already, so would he have just gone along with it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grandy said:

I wonder if they offered a definitively better package, would KC take the power away from Hill and just get it done? I looks like he was torn even though he has a lot of stock in FL already, so would he have just gone along with it?

Eh, ultimately, Jets weren't gonna offer a package without an extension from Hill. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Hill going to the Dolphins is not JD's fault. That being said,  the front office has failed miserably to upgrade the weapons around Wilson in a meaningful way. Don't give me the nonsense about the two slightly above average TE's they signed. They had an opportunity to go out and upgrade their WR room and have failed to this point.  

I know, they have the draft to address the issue. The Jets don't need another ronnie WR with potential, they needed a consistent #1 WR like when the Bills brought in Diggs for Allen, and they've failed.  If you say otherwise you're just not living in reality. 

Well....

they did fix the one hole on the line added two starting TE the system needs to run, have a good running game and Corey davis, Moore at WR. Seems like 5 very good pieces. Seems you might be a little bit off.

You might not want to hear it but the FA went pretty darn good and they upgraded the offense alot. Just because they didnt get a has been or huge contract guy doesn't mean it was a failure.  In case you didnt notice we juse were in the running for Hill. And can be for any WR worth being here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

The Chiefs accepted the Jets offer

Hill ultimately wanted Miami

If Hill would’ve chosen the Jets, everyone and their mother would’ve been blowing Douglas for pulling off a heist.

Didn’t realize he had a no trade

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

different circumstances.  Hill was arrested in 2014 for this, had his charges dismissed and expunged.  He was placed on 3 years probation Watson is still in the midst of his accusations, which are from 22 people. 

Actually, Watson wasn't charged with anything thus technically, he's less guilty of his crime than Hill. 

Just admit that you're ok with it if he's really good at football... and on your team. 

I, too, am pretty sure Hill is an innocent angel if he chooses the Jets and dirty guilty bastard if he chooses the Dolphins that is a disgrace to the NFL.

Oh, he's a Dolphin so this is a disgrace to the NFL that this guy is allowed to play let alone be the highest paid receiver in the NFL!

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is what I take away from this. Douglas proves time and time again that he is the real deal. He can't undo everything all at once, but he is chopping away at making the Jets respectable again.

Very true. I am glad to see the offer that was accepted and had it gone through this place would've been insane. Seeing that versus 'the Jets set their price, yadda yadda yadda' is encouraging

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I predict the Raiders get the most out of this deal without giving up anything.  

Raiders signed Cb Anthony Averett to match up with Tyrek Hill . played him as well as I seen anyone play him.    Glad Tyrek Hill out of the division as he made that offense go.    Now double team T Kelce .

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah hard to believe they were ever in it if they weren’t willing to offer a 1st

If this winds up being true?  JD is a bigger idiot than I already believe.  Hill steps on the field and immediately gives Zach Wilson multiple passing/running/play action options.  Also opens up our other receivers.

larry-david-the-fucking-jets.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

no. it was up to Hill. KC was open to accepting either offer and let Hill pick where he wanted to go.

Does he have a no trade clause? If the Jets upped the ante with a first and the Chiefs picked the worse offer then the league would investigate collusion.

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

joe misses out and his fan boys praise him like they did the perriman move the mims pick the cole signing and the davis deal

Joe sucks

the fins got much better we did not 

What part of Hill chose Miami over NY do you not understand? Lmao

You can't put a gun to Hill's head and hold him hostage and demand he come here. KC accepted both the Jets and Dolphins offers, Hill chose Miami over NY. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kmnj said:

joe misses out and his fan boys praise him like they did the perriman move the mims pick the cole signing and the davis deal

Joe sucks

the fins got much better we did not 

this is a terrible take, like you almost have be trying to have a bad take to come away wiht this opinion. 

What are you talking about? 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

no.

Hill picked Miami. if he picked jets he would have been a jet. KC accepted either trader offer cause they were similar in value. It was once again great GMing from our great GM.

yes our 2/4 win gm

great f'n job 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ultraJETfan said:

Not really mad. I think Moore can eventually become as dynamic as Hill and Brax is already a poor mans Hill. We got enough sub-6' WRs. I want a damn power forward. No more point guards.

Brax is not on any level like Hill. Not from strength, talent, ability, or even looks. He is a poor mans Crowder

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

no. it was up to Hill. KC was open to accepting either offer and let Hill pick where he wanted to go.

In a way, forcing Hill to play in New York instead of Miami would've at least resembled some form of justice.

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

You’d also have to assume Tyreek would have signed an extension with the jets. He could have easily said “I’m not signing an extension with the jets” since Miami was where he wanted to go.