Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

offered the the chiefs a one and hill a bit more money-hill DID NOT HAVE A NO TRADE clause

The Jets trade was agreeable to the Chiefs. Hill picked the Dolphins. Stop with blame game. Now it’s time to use the glut of early draft picks.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets are going to have to draft themselves out of suck.

Teams with good qbs will keep drafting wrs and signing cheaper ones b/c it’s better cap management than paying 1 wr mega money.

True but in this case Tua isn’t even good. This was all about qualify of life. Hill already accomplished everything on the field and won a championship while freezing his ass off in KC for 6 years. He made the right decision 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Life said:

True but in this case Tua isn’t even good. This was all about qualify of life. Hill already accomplished everything on the field and won a championship while freezing his ass off in KC for 6 years. He made the right decision 

Hill will get the plays Deebo was getting in SF. 

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

hill had no say as he does not have a no trade clause-Joe offers fins our one and they take it as a better deal for them

It had nothing to do with the draft picks. Joe could have offered both 1's this year and lets also include next years 1. Hill does not give a crap about what picks are included - he did not want to come to ny - and if in whatever world the chiefs forced him to take it - he leaves after this year as a free agent.

This is not really difficult  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Life said:

If NY is not a preferred living destination, then it’s all the more reason why the jets are going to have to draft themselves out of the suck.  The jets are going to have to draft the wr they like the best in the first round if they want to improve the offense.  No good offensive weapons are coming here voluntarily until they have a proven qb.  The team has sucked for more than a decade and is still perceived by much of the league as the buttfumble team.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol man that gap just keeps getting bigger for us and rest of the afc..  its not even funny. 

crazy think a Gm hasnt been able to close big deal here since Tanny.. 

Trading Jamal for two firsts and a third wasn't a big deal????

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I wonder if they offered a definitively better package, would KC take the power away from Hill and just get it done? I looks like he was torn even though he has a lot of stock in FL already, so would he have just gone along with it?

No...Hill always had the power because he only had 1 year left on his contract.  You can't give up those picks if Hill isn't going to sign an extension.  Jets don't make this trade w/o Hill signing on for more years.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hill chose Miami. Be sad today if you need to. But this guy is not the answer to our problems if he didn't want to be in NY. If you are a fan of the Board Chair of the "He-man Woman Haters Club" then go be a Dolphins Fan. Otherwise lets move on and explore more options to make this team competitive. 

I wont even be sad today. I am relieved. I can look past some things, but punching the woman who is carrying your child in the stomach ?  I think we avoided disaster.  I don't think the NY media would ever let him be successful. I could see the NY Post having a field day and never letting up. I think we avoided disaster and maybe this time next year is our time to acquire a talent like Hill minus the heavy baggage. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The thing I've been thinking about is how we're all fans of a team whose best time of the year is the day after they sat and watched another Jets-less Super Bowl and it lasts until reality sets in and they lose out again in September.. March to September 1st is the Jets Championship seasons since the Johnsons tock over. We fans seem to care more about this team than the people who own and work for the Jets

And let me tell you... the Jets ticket office does NOT treat their fans with the gratitude and respect they deserve.  That is all.  Flea bag run organization in many other ways than the team itself.

24 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Hill did not have a no trade clause so stop already-all we had to do was make a better offer and the chiefs would have taken it 

if Joe offered a one odds are he is a jet

Wrong.  Hill had to accept a contract extension as well so he did have a say..

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Actually, Watson wasn't charged with anything thus technically, he's less guilty of his crime than Hill. 

Just admit that you're ok with it if he's really good at football... and on your team. 

I, too, am pretty sure Hill is an innocent angel if he chooses the Jets and dirty guilty bastard if he chooses the Dolphins that is a disgrace to the NFL.

Oh, he's a Dolphin so this is a disgrace to the NFL that this guy is allowed to play let alone be the highest paid receiver in the NFL!

I understand Watson wasn’t charged.  I’m saying that hill WAS charged and the charges were dismissed and his record expunged.  It’s in the past - Watson is still in the middle of it, the middle of an NFL investigation. 

23 minutes ago, kmnj said:

hill had no say as he does not have a no trade clause-Joe offers fins our one and they take it as a better deal for them

If what is being reported is true, then the no trade clause was irrelevant because the Chiefs agreed to give him his choice.  Even though he technically had 'no say',  it was afforded to him (allegedly).   A contract extension had to be worked in advance...  he had say over that as well.

It's days like today where we learn who the real idiots on this board are.

For god's ******* sake.

Hill did not have a no trade clause.....BUT......

Hill only had 1 year left on his contract so the Jets and Fins offers were conditioned on Hill agreeing to an extension.  Thus, it was Hill's choice as to who he was going to get traded to.  If the Jets offer their 1st round pick for the next 10 years, but Hill says he's not signing an extension, then the deal will be withdrawn.

The Dolphins gave him $120 million ALL OF WHICH will be guaranteed by the 1st day of the 2023 league year.  Hill picked who he wanted to sign an extension with, that was the Dolphins.  Likely because of it being Miami but also because it was $120 million guaranteed.

• Upvote 3