Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets offered a first instead he’d be a Jet no?

How in the world does offering a 1st, change Hill's mind... Please think of what you just asked, then go sit down and have another beer.

If anything, maybe Hill chooses NYJ because he knows we still have 2 1st's to improve the team even more.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

This liability could be out of the league with one "bad day". I would never support him as a Jet and that only goes for a handful of guys. I'm, quite frankly, disappointed the Jets pursued him. 

I feel the exact same.

Just now, 68JET11 said:

How in the world does offering a 1st, change Hill's mind... Please think of what you just asked, then go sit down and have another beer.

If anything, maybe Hill chooses NYJ because he knows we still have 2 1st's to improve the team even more.

Because we were operating under the assumption Hill would sign with either team. It’s obvious now he didn’t want to sign with the Jets, therefore making their offer worthless.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honest question. Why watch the NFL at all if these type of guys are running around on our TV playing football? You're indirectly contributing to the ratings that bring in the advertising deals that help these bad men get paid millions. Why not just turn it off and walk away?

I am aware that this is intentionally a satirical take on your part but ill bite. Tyreke Hill is a villain. Doesn't mean I wont stop watching, it just means I hope the Jets give him hell every game they play. I want to watch a villain fail, simple as that.  

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People are not allowing that this could be a really bad trade for Miami. He's 28 with a lot of mileage. WRs do tend to drop off a cliff when they get older. it's quite possible even without injury Miami only gets one good year from him and then they face a $30M a year boat anchor on the team. People don't seem to get that just because a name player was good does not mean that will continue. Brandon Marshall had an all pro year at 31 and then completely disappeared. Marshall was a big receiver that did not rely as much on speed. Hill is a little guy that is probably in NFL terms from wear and tear as old as Marshall at 31. Him being a slam duck difference maker is far from a certainty. I am not upset I didnt want the scumbag anyway

There's always a risk but they're paying a ton to get their young QB help. That's always going to be a good concept at least. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sure.  So when something very bad comes out against them I, personally, avoid their content.

Why wait til' it comes out to stop supporting them? So when it's unofficial you don't care only when it becomes official.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People are not allowing that this could be a really bad trade for Miami. He's 28 with a lot of mileage. WRs do tend to drop off a cliff when they get older. it's quite possible even without injury Miami only gets one good year from him and then they face a $30M a year boat anchor on the team. People don't seem to get that just because a name player was good does not mean that will continue. Brandon Marshall had an all pro year at 31 and then completely disappeared. Marshall was a big receiver that did not rely as much on speed. Hill is a little guy that is probably in NFL terms from wear and tear as old as Marshall at 31. Him being a slam duck difference maker is far from a certainty. I am not upset I didnt want the scumbag anyway

It's a risky play for sure given his age.  All these new WR contracts have been for sure.  Adams deal as well considering he will be 30 this year. What youre seeing around the league with these skill guys is that teams would rather let guys go a year or two too early than be saddled with bloated contracts for players that cant live up to them.  

Adams is regarded as at worst the 2nd best wr in football and by many the best period.  He deserves the money, but its a calculated risk to give him 5 years.  Looks like they could reasonably get out of the deal in 2025, but thats still 3 years youre banking on top end play.  Its not unheard of just slightly risky. 

We'll see what hills contract looks like, but there is certainly a lot of guaranteed money. 

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

OK, for the 1st graders in the house.... HILL CHOOSE MIAMI !!!

Lol he didn’t have a no trade clause. The Jets backed out of the trade because he wouldn’t commit to signing with them. The Jets were never in the mix

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Doesn't matter - JD sucks as does the hole Jets org but if we had that stadium on the west side - he would have signed with us..

Really !!!  Did you go to the same school that Matt39 went to ?  JD is the best GM we've had in a long time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rillo said:

Meh. With those picks and contract I'm fine with not getting him. Jets should be focused on acquiring some talent in the draft. 

I don't see Hill having the same success with Tua. At least I hope he doesn't. 

And he may only be at the top of his game for another year or two.  Let's draft a 21 year old.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I understand completely. 

You are aware he didn’t have a no trade clause correct? The Jets did not offer a first because he was never going to sign a long term deal with the Jets, therefore negating anything in place trade wise. The Chiefs used the Jets as leverage to up the Dolphins offer. This isn’t difficult.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Once you have a stud qb, unless that qb is Brady, you’re going to have to pay that qb too much money to then pay one wr a ton of money too.  The packers and chiefs figured out that reality.  Plus you have wrs who start slowing down in late 20s/30 so these guys are getting paid to play for 3 more years.  But truth, the raiders are in win now mode and the dolphins are in that mediocrity purgatory where they probably can’t get a better qb easily so they may as well surround Tua with better talent to get over that hump.  

Just now, Matt39 said:

You are aware he didn’t have a no trade clause correct?

I am.

You are aware that he is a free agent at the end of the year so even if we offered him info on who really killed Kennedy, where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and dating Raquel Welch for a year in her prime - he was going to leave at the end of the 2022 season because he simply did not want to come here. 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

And he may only be at the top of his game for another year or two.  Let's draft a 21 year old.

It is interesting that douglas didn’t want to give up a first rounder, and didn’t have to for KC to approve the deal. It again goes to show how contract size and wr age factor into compensation.